What's new

Fate of Karachi strike uncertain as traders divided

very good initiative of government . i fully support it

Great ! So now you came up with irrational argument . don't punch above your weight if you can't

What is irrational in this? Salary person paying their taxes, other business persons paying their taxes why these tax evaders are exception? You think we all are stupid.to pay our share of taxes? And they are innocent? Ppl like you keep supporting them and we public pay their taxes from our pocket then.

If they dont want to come in tax net, then the businesses of their leaders from different association should be closed permanently.

I personally know traders who pay income tax 40-50 times more than your PM

They pay Income Tax or GST?

Name these heros! Let's check their records to validate your claim.

They pay Income Tax or GST?

Name these heros! Let's check their records to validate your claim.
Brother, you do realize that this is a public forum, how can I reveal someone's identity without their permission?

I have already explained in one of my post that those traders who are registered, pay taxes, income tax, gst etc., ------ These traders will be more than happy to issue sales tax invoices to customers (as this will ease lots of headache), after all the gst will be paid from the pockets of end customers ----

btw, we are so called Islamic Republic of Pakistan, in an Islamic state, gst (specially on necessities) has no place ----- The ones imposing and collecting this barbaric tax must worry about the day when they will be standing before ALLAH swt'.

Govt should increase tax on banks as money goes to banks at the end after spending by all sectors of society .It will decrease risk of passing of burden of tax on common man.Similarly govt should impose witholding tax on retailers or traders when they buy goods from suppliers,producers or importers and povide low rates of witholding tax for those traders who become filers.Similarly govt should give exemptions to traders or retailers/ shopkeepers who sell local goods instead of imported goods.It will help to decrease import of unnecessary items and will promote local production of goods.I think this will be much better approach to deal with current problem than what policy govt is adopting regarding forceful registration and requisition of cnic for buying and selling by traders

Are shops still shut or have they been reopened?

Only stupids will close shops, to much competition lmao

One of my relative has a shop in a market in Gujranwala, he doesn't want to close his shop but he has to because the badmash "tajir association" which consists of mostly "big traders" imposes its will on all kinds of traders even the ones who will hardly have to pay a tax more than few tens of thousands even under the proposed scheme because they don't make more than 50,000 to 100, 000 rupees in net profit on monthly basis particularly in small cities outside of karachi/lahore/islamabad. The sales may look 1, 000, 000 rupees per month but the net profit margins which qualifies for the tax is often between 5% to 10% for small scale traders. It is the wealthy big b******* traders who make millions of rupees or sometimes even 10s of millions of net profit per month but want to evade fair amount of tax on their net profits, they are ones who are forcing everyone to close the shops in the name of this sh1tty strike, they can easily live off even if the strike continues for few weeks. The brunt of the strike is on the small scale traders who earn a net monthly profit ranging between 50, 000 to 100, 000 rupees in smaller cities and for them even few days of strike is financially devastating for their survival.

And those who close should never be allowed to open their shops or businesses again

A large number of traders particularly small scale traders are being coerced to close their shops by so-called "traders associations" all over the country which are mostly filled with wealthy fat big traders who earn net monthly profit of millions or tens of millions but don't want to pay their fair share of tax on their net profit. The best solution could be that "traders associations" are legally banned or a limit is put on them that there cannot be a "district", "provincial" or "national" union or association of traders, the only allowed association of traders should be a local market or a local bazar traders independent association.

Last edited:
economy-traders-get-down-and-help-push-the-car-out-of-the-mess-1563133475-3451.jpg

Right now their demand is that they don't want to tell name of their customers who are buying 50K or above goods. We have dhakans who are doing jhinga lala over tax thieves blacking mailing state.
State have been forgotten about in the political affiliations.

Right now their demand is that they don't want to tell name of their customers who are buying 50K or above goods. We have dhakans who are doing jhinga lala over tax thieves blacking mailing state.
Dont worry, they will all come on track!
Their resistance is based on a very lame excuse, wont be able to sustain or gather support! Its more a political drama now then some real problem that needs to be solved.

Tax tu dyna ho ga!!

However i will like to add that the people are not willing to pay taxes because they have been failed time and time again by previous governments and they have no trust in the current government or the institutions collecting taxes. The current gov. must take all steps possible to EARN their trust.

Back
Top Bottom