What's new

Fast food boom: Burger King finally comes to Pakistan

KFC used to be called by the full name "Kentucky Fried Chicken". I guess they figured it's not good business to remind people that they are eating chicken deep fried in gobs of fat!

If Pakistan is desperate for Western fast food, hopefully they can get something healthy like El Pollo Loco or Nandos

Nando's is a South African private food chain Pakistan does have an outlet in Karachi maybe in Lahore and Islamabad as well. It first entered Pakistan back in 2003 by Musharraf. I haven't heard of El Pollo Loco sounds pretty Spanish!

Pakistan is finally globalizing and that is all thanks to Nawaz Sharif and PML-N........ Wait till Zardari leaves by September Pakistan will be stealing as many American/British brands as much as they can.

Oh Great! there goes my diet. Why oh Why?

Was just about to start a healthy diet.
Now its Macdoanlds breakfast in the morning, KFC in the afternoon and than healthy snacks in the evening and then Burger King in the night.

Kissi ko to kurbani dayny hogi.

Nando's is a South African private food chain Pakistan does have an outlet in Karachi maybe in Lahore and Islamabad as well. It first entered Pakistan back in 2003 by Musharraf. I haven't heard of El Pollo Loco sounds pretty Spanish!

El Pollo Loco (the crazy chicken) is a Californian chain. I like them much better than Nando's or Oporto's because they have a salsa bar with five or six choices, and I love salsa. However, tomatoes being expensive in many countries, I can see why a salsa bar might not be cost effective.

KFC doesn't compare to these healthy chains because KFC is just deep fried gunk with skin on.

Nandos sauce is really nice the peri peri one you can buy it and use at home for chips etc. BK is not bad flame grilled but Mcd's has a better taste for me

Most of the stuff desis eat is trash only.From curry to tawa fry nothing benefits the health much.

At least the desi Pakistani food gives more energy and calories to burn rather than increasing fats……:coffee:
Well even don't know which Indian desi food is trash:unsure:
mention some……:lol:
well about Pakistani food you don't need to mention I have all info on them……:sick:
well some people just even like European A$$ licking and dislike their own culture……:pop:
Low mentality……:yu:

Indian food is very good for you its full of properties, nobody is saying you should eat fried type only. You can have a nice dosa or some idli sambar which is light, and very healthy for you!

there is research going on in British Universities now on the benefits of spice and turmeric in fighing cancer etc and our Asian food is full of that stuff!

Trust me guys it's tasty... I am sure they won't serve bacon which is amazing too.. but beef burgers will be awesome delight.

On topic: These fast food chains are good with their market survey, they will surely bring out 25 Rs - 45 Rs burgers for sure to meet students, low income level people etc etc. The only worry is fattening food... but then once a while it's fine :)

They serve beef bacon in Muslim countries.

Indian food is very good for you its full of properties, nobody is saying you should eat fried type only. You can have a nice dosa or some idli sambar which is light, and very healthy for you!

there is research going on in British Universities now on the benefits of spice and turmeric in fighing cancer etc and our Asian food is full of that stuff!

Spices are extremely beneficial for your health if you have them as they should be in a balanced way. Everything Asians do borders in the extreme for their quest in taste rather than health. You can not expect spinach to retain any nutritious value being over cooked in desi ghee and fist full of spices. That's the receipe for disaster.

@JD_In Burgers without meat...are you nuts :blink:

We eat siri paye in breakfast, a veg burger in Pakistan will be either an insult or the begining of a joke. You will 'rarely' find Veg dishes as a main course item, they are usually a side menu item.

:P "Have it your way"

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong mate, i do love Indian dosas but eating too many vegs isn't something im used to.

@sandy_3126 Have you tried flafel ? :P
Love em!!! Med/persian cuisine is my wife's favorite cuisine. On topic burger king sucks, but made some home made burgers this weekend, 60%chuck 40%sirloin, with some pepperjack... it was EPIC!!!!

Don't get me wrong mate, i do love Indian dosas but eating too many vegs isn't something im used to.

@sandy_3126 Have you tried flafel ? :P

If you taking about Greek Falafel, made with chickpeas it is delicious. Usually served in a pita topped with tahini sauce.

by the way, the slogan for Burger King is ... "Have it your way"

Nice to hear BK is opening in Pakistan, in my opinion they are better than McDonalds.

Burger King opened its doors here earlier this year and seems to have been a hit. Previously McDonalds and some local varieties were the choice for everyone. A point to note that Burger King here only serves halaal food since its owned by Muslim's.

Among chicken outlets Nando's is the undisputed king but KFC and some local varieties are also popular. KFC has more outlets than Nando's but caters for a different market.

KARACHI:
As anticipated for long, Burger King is finally coming to Pakistan, most likely in mid-2014, as MCR Pakistan, the franchisee of Pizza Hut in Pakistan, has entered into a master franchise agreement with Burger King Worldwide Inc, The Express Tribune has learnt.

While BK and MCR didn’t disclose the details of the agreement, sources familiar with the matter said that the bidding took place in Dubai a few weeks ago. Three parties, including a Dubai-based investor, participated in the bidding, which went in favour of the MCR Group.

There is not much skilled staff in the market, which may require engaging foreign trainers and the company hasn’t yet identified locations. According to the Dawn ad, BK’s first outlet will be opened in Karachi.

Fast food boom: Burger King finally comes to Pakistan – The Express Tribune

have it your way at burger king !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom