What's new

Farmhouse where Hakimullah died was worth Rs1,27,56,000: report

He dint live there. He never lived at a place rather moving.

That day he was coming for arranged meeting at that place for negotiations. The missiles fired at vehicle and the place.

I get that part , I never assumed that he always " lived " there , just that it was one of his strongholds or safehouse .

How can a leader of a terror organization stay 1km away from a military HQ and the army would have no clue about it ? The only other explanation other than incompetence or "hand in gloves" is Pakistan is truly scared of TTP. Maybe the TTP/wahabi Ideology has infected the military ..... give me some explanation ....

Answer this one first . How can the chief then be killed without intel from the same intelligence agency and the army , whom it was living so close ? :D Almost five TTP chiefs have been killed by the drone strikes , where do you think the information is coming from ? Yeah , ISI and the Pakistan Army are killing their own countrymen , I applaud you , for this enlightening and ground breaking theory . :azn:

ha
The writ is not there because you lack ability or because you do not want to do for some reason. Hard to believe you cannot control this land with so much investment in military.
have you ever read history of this region ?? :what:

@GURU DUTT

I was just asking about the " opponents " you mentioned . Who are the people , whom going by your last post , need to be silenced by the army right now ? Just who ? Who exactly do you think , would be opposing anything happens , by either side , in those remote , dangerous and writ-less areas ? It is true that ISI controls/controlled " some elements " - a fallout of Soviet invasion from the 80's but you are assuming that the same elements are killing the Pakistanis with active support from the intelligence agency of the same country - do you think you are making sense ? You are repeating the old story , whilst we talk about the present .
well sir in every society there are opposing ideologies yours is no differnet now the opponents could be NGOs, educated or people who think about local good but stand up against wrong policies of giovt, army or local clergy or something to do with wealth or property related disputes ..ps opponents can come from anywhere in a soiety even if its a lawless , tribal & in back drop of such a rugged tarrain as yours

my point is what has your ISI and PA that nobody questions them or asks about accounts and expanditure when most know that PA/ISI/Establisment has a loins share in all the resorces of pakistan ?

well dont take my point objectively but try to think it in a more open and subjective manner no one can survuive in pakistan for more than a week if hes in bad books of ISI/ARMY and how did OBL was found so close to you Kakul acedmy and how now masud got killed near a regnol army HQ?

yes, and it would be interesting to know, why US would be so interested in Latif and extract info about Hakimullah?? why not leave it with karzai govt like they did with fazalullah and others??

Latif Mesud was/is second in command, having him is like having something of very great value. What important is that the Americans captured Mehsud a month ago now that also means they got the info on Hakimullah some weeks if not a month ago but they attacked Hakimullah on the eve of dialogue day. Even if the source to the info is not Mesud, the timing of the attack is worth noticing. In an epitome US never wanted Pakistan to go ahead with negotiation. I am also of the same opinion but I have got my own reasons which of course are not mala fide. 
You know the tribal people were very angry after the " Great leader Kim Jong Sun " was killed :azn: Speaks tons about the loyalty .[/quote]

One doesn't need a genius to bamboozle the mass out there.

Link?
I did hear about several kilometers away but not A kilometer!

osama was 4 kms away from a military base.

Now it is 1 Kms .... wow!........ so there is progress .

soon we can see drone strikes inside military bases.

osama was 4 kms away from a military base.

Now it is 1 Kms .... wow!........ so there is progress .

soon we can see drone strikes inside military bases.

& that's when one can say Americans have hit the bullseye! :sniper:

well sir in every society there are opposing ideologies yours is no differnet now the opponents could be NGOs, educated or people who think about local good but stand up against wrong policies of giovt, army or local clergy or something to do with wealth or property related disputes ..ps opponents can come from anywhere in a soiety even if its a lawless , tribal & in back drop of such a rugged tarrain as yours

my point is what has your ISI and PA that nobody questions them or asks about accounts and expanditure when most know that PA/ISI/Establisment has a loins share in all the resorces of pakistan ?

well dont take my point objectively but try to think it in a more open and subjective manner no one can survuive in pakistan for more than a week if hes in bad books of ISI/ARMY and how did OBL was found so close to you Kakul acedmy and how now masud got killed near a regnol army HQ?

Of course , the problem arises when a certain ideology tries to impose itself over others , not before it . Live and let live is the mantra . You are assuming something which is absent in areas or largely kept quiet by the society itself we are talking about , so either you have missed the history of the tribal areas or are hell bent on proving their existence . For one , there are no political parties in F.A.T.A. , read about it . The opponents wouldn't be so powerful to even demand the notice of the opposing elements then , right since well the almost-feudal system is structured in the same way ?

What has your PA and ISI what ? They were carrying out the military operations just fine , before being stopped by the Govt . Now , in the face of overwhelming public opposition , it isn't the right time to carry out the operation . This is it . As for " lion's share " and " all that who criticize/oppose the military die " , they are all old debunked theories . You have dozens of people criticizing the army on the T.V and other print media for their every mishap - the rest pointing towards U.S. and yet nothing happens to them . It might be worth noting that a military dictator established the free media in the country and because of the " media trial " , well he had to go . The Osama's case is different , this is something else . A HQ in North Waziristan which is literally out of our hands , doesn't mean much except that it can gather intelligence . 
The writ is not there because you lack ability or because you do not want to do for some reason. Hard to believe you cannot control this land with so much investment in military.

Do us all a favor , Google the history of F.A.T.A . Federally Administered Tribal Areas and see the conditions , on which it joined the dominion of Pakistan . Little knowledge is dangerous and misleading . 
One doesn't need a genius to bamboozle the mass out there.

One hoped that they would learn to walk " hand in hand " with the civilization after so many years since independence . The tribal areas aren't much different from Afghanistan , if you see the pictures .

Last edited:
Taliban threaten to target PML-N leadership, Sharif blames US

SLAMABAD: Blaming the Pakistan government for the killing of its chief Hakimullah Mehsud,Taliban have warned that it "will soon start targeting" the ruling PML-N leadership for its alleged support to the US in the region.

The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan also announced that it would not hold any peace talks with the Nawaz Sharif government and threatened to avenge the killing of Hakimullah in a CIA-operated drone strike.

Geo News quoted an unnamed senior militant commander operating in Afghanistan as saying that they would soon start targeting the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leadership for its alleged support to the US in the region.

TTP spokesman Shahidullah Shahid said the group's leadership knew that the government was not sincere in peace talks but had decided to hold negotiations "for the sake of the Pakistani people".

"We did not want innocent Pakistani people to suffer any more and therefore decided to hold negotiations with the government. But the government, by helping the US in the killing of Hakimullah Mehsud, proved that there was zero sincerity in the mind of the rulers. It was neither sincere nor serious in peace negotiations," the Taliban spokesman was quoted as saying by the report.

He warned the government would have to pay the price for, what he termed playing a double game with the TTP.

Shahidullah said Hakimullah's killing was a "huge loss" to the Taliban, adding they would always feel his absence.

"We are passing through a difficult phase and are still in the state of mourning. And that's the reason we could not sit to choose his successor," he remarked.

He said the TTP Shura would hold its meeting within the next few days and would choose the next Taliban leader.

When told about reports that the Shura had held its meeting in North Waziristan but could not develop consensus over one name, the Taliban spokesman said it was not true.

He said all the Shura members had been informed about the meeting and they would soon gather at a safe place to choose Hakimullah's successor.

US drone attacks violate Pakistan's sovereignty, PM Sharif says

The US drone campaign violates the sovereignty of Pakistan, which will not allow its national security policies to be determined by foreign powers, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said today.

In his first public remarks after the killing of Pakistani Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud in a US drone attack on Friday, Sharif said the days when security policies were decided through "telephone calls from abroad" are over.

Without referring to the killing of the Taliban chief, Sharif said US drone strikes violate Pakistan?s sovereignty and international laws and are counter-productive to efforts to bring peace and stability to the country and the region.

"Gone are the days when our national security policies were determined through telephone calls from abroad.

We now have a democratically elected government, chosen by the people of Pakistan," he said in his address at a field exercise by the army in Punjab province.

"Pakistan is faced with serious challenges both within the country and at international level. But there is hope, a hope to rise through and meet these challenges," he told a gathering that included top military officers and army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has blamed the US for deliberately sabotaging proposed peace talks with the Taliban by killing Mehsud. The government had begun contacts with the militants and a team of representatives was scheduled to meet the Taliban just before Mehsud was killed.

Sharif said his government is determined to end bloodshed and violence "but it cannot be done over-night, nor can it be done by unleashing senseless force against our citizens, without first making every effort to bring the misguided and confused elements of society back to the mainstream".

The government has to ensure that political parties, the military and civil society are on the same page to create an environment necessary to tackle this problem, he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...hip-Sharif-blames-US/articleshow/25218566.cms

There are two ways Nawaz Sharif can tackle this. Either you take on the terrorists head on without fearing for your own safety or continue with the policy of appeasement fearing for your own safety. Going by the trend... I think NS will go with the later one!

local shopkeeper Akhter Khan & Wazir should be arrested and should face treason charges as they have not updated local police or Army about Hakimullah. How they have assumed it and not let Army knew about it ? They should face the same charges as we put on Dr Shakeel Afridi. We would have eliminated Hakeemulah if they had informed Army. We cannot question our Pious Army so it is the best idea to put charges on those shopkeepers.Pakistan Zindabad Pak Army Paindabad.

Murderer of thousands of Pakistanis resided few Kms (or 1 KM) from military HQ

Seems like PA is full of sleeping champs

I get that part , I never assumed that he always " lived " there , just that it was one of his strongholds or safehouse .

Answer this one first . How can the chief then be killed without intel from the same intelligence agency and the army , whom it was living so close ? :D Almost five TTP chiefs have been killed by the drone strikes , where do you think the information is coming from ? Yeah , ISI and the Pakistan Army are killing their own countrymen , I applaud you , for this enlightening and ground breaking theory . :azn:

my post is still valid...why not kill him yourself instead of making US the scapegoat ? Your army is afriad

well if the area was so Military dominated, would it make sense that militants would cordon off the area rather than the military???
so whats this all crap about military HQ being few kms away 

oh come on - this is all BS you could come up with?
they would slaughter their own people, blow up innocents and just for what????
50k might be just a statistics for you and the world but for those who lost their loved ones in the attacks, this figure means something.....take your ranting somewhere or better come up with strong facts and not made up conspiracy theories
Sir withing one KM of his house was huge Army head quarters they had hundreds of soldiers their I don't know what the hell they were doing for past 5 years

OK I will spill the beans. How about extortion money and drug money??
I know this is a problem here. we are still trying to catch them. They are hidden and more in numbers than expected. It will take time to clean mess created in 30-40 years.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom