What's new

Farmers’ interest in ostrich farming

I do not think of any emu farming. In India it is widespread and successful.

HY19_P3_EMU
Should explore that too

Graphic bloody photos aren't allowed
Go cry

i have been following ostrich farming when it started i i talked to few farmers recently and they called it a failed venture as there is no or very little market for ostrich meat in Pakistan

Should explore that too

Go cry
emu is an aggressive bird and hard to manage.

i have been following ostrich farming when it started i i talked to few farmers recently and they called it a failed venture as there is no or very little market for ostrich meat in Pakistan

emu is an aggressive bird and hard to manage.
It's a fault of advertising then. The farmers should have created dishes that used ostrich meat and advertised them in public areas. Setting up stalls and giving out samples. It's not just about growing food it's about advertising it.

I'll give you an example. The Japanese didnt eat salmon, and now sushi is unimaginable without salmon. All thanks to the advertising of the Norwegian fishermen, who came to Japan and made sushi from it.

It's a fault of advertising then. The farmers should have created dishes that used ostrich meat and advertised them in public areas. Setting up stalls and giving out samples. It's not just about growing food it's about advertising it.

I'll give you an example. The Japanese didnt eat salmon, and now sushi is unimaginable without salmon. All thanks to the advertising of the Norwegian fishermen, who came to Japan and made sushi from it.
agree marketing can sell 1 rs product @ 100 but issue in Pakistan is greed and dishonesty of marketers...ostrich farming started by marketing company promising farmers to buy at a fixed price where companies were selling chicks at very high profit (actually marketers ain business was selling chicks) and then not making enough effort to sell or market ostrich meat eventually not fullfiling their contacts and not buying back ostrich meat and thats the reason why ostrich farming failed!!

and you have to understand market dynamics of Pakistan narker 1: we are not a rich nation our purchasing power is low compared to other developed countries 2: low purchasing power make our market price conscious so its really difficult to market new product and make a profit.

agree marketing can sell 1 rs product @ 100 but issue in Pakistan is greed and dishonesty of marketers...ostrich farming started by marketing company promising farmers to buy at a fixed price where companies were selling chicks at very high profit (actually marketers ain business was selling chicks) and then not making enough effort to sell or market ostrich meat eventually not fullfiling their contacts and not buying back ostrich meat and thats the reason why ostrich farming failed!!

and you have to understand market dynamics of Pakistan narker 1: we are not a rich nation our purchasing power is low compared to other developed countries 2: low purchasing power make our market price conscious so its really difficult to market new product and make a profit.
Sounds like the chicken mafia in the states. They use the exact same methods to milk farmers. This is the failure of the provincial government and they should be questioned.

Hopefully, Pakistani slaughterhouses don't treat Ostriches like below. :(

So have you ever had ostrich meat ?

Nah but I have seen it advertised in Gujranwala, which I visited on my visit to Pakistan some years ago.

Would like to try it on my next visit tho. :)

So have you ever had ostrich meat ?

You ever tried Ostrich meat? :D

Hopefully, Pakistani slaughterhouses don't treat Ostriches like below. :(

Nah but I have seen it advertised in Gujranwala, which I visited on my visit to Pakistan some years ago.

Would like to try it on my next visit tho. :)

You ever tried Ostrich meat? :D
Never tried that’s why I was asking.

I was wondering, Like we have siri, Bong in Cows, What special parts does ostrich have which taste good for a specific dish ?

I was wondering, Like we have siri, Bong in Cows, What special parts does ostrich have which taste good for a specific dish ?

I don't know for sure....but like it's neck is long, like a camel so that's some good meat right there, plus it won't be salty like a camel's meat.

Many people all over the world have said that it's a healthy alternative to cow meat, so that's good. I like meat and as long as it's halal, I'll be first in line to taste it. :lol:

I have high expectations from ostrich meat, especially Pakistani ostrich meat.....think of all the ostrich biryanis, kebabs, niharis, payes (??) lol :partay:

My only problem is that those that raise and slaughter these birds treat them ethically.

I don't know for sure....but like it's neck is long, like a camel so that's some good meat right there, plus it won't be salty like a camel's meat.

Many people all over the world have said that it's a healthy alternative to cow meat, so that's good. I like meat and as long as it's halal, I'll be first in line to taste it. :lol:

I have high expectations from ostrich meat, especially Pakistani ostrich meat.....think of all the ostrich biryanis, kebabs, niharis, payes (??) lol :partay:

My only problem is that those that raise and slaughter these birds treat them ethically.
Does ostrich have fats like cows and buffaloes?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom