What's new

Farmers’ interest in ostrich farming

Lahoris are like the Chinese of Pakistan. They'll eat anything that moves and sometimes even things that don't.

lolz haha and nawaz is chairman mao - no food but people fed full stomach.

First ostrich meat shop opens in Lahore

Citizens in Lahore have started consuming ostrich meat as they have the first shop selling it ..March 25, 2017. Despite the huge price, the citizens are crazily purchasing the ostrich meat.

Ostrich Meat and Alive

Alive.....700/Kg
Meat.... 1400/Kg
Weight per bird around....... 90-120Kg
Age....................... 10-12 Months

i still want to try first time for everything.

I have small ostrich farm. Looking to expand.
Im lookin after agriculture these days as a hobby.. recently set up a fruit orchard on 30 acres.

Now im considering to build a farm.. initially a small one.. with a dozen or so animals.

One of my father’s friend had an ostrich farm...

So i wws thinking about buying a few birds myself...

Lovely creatures .....

Need to be respected
aid181266-v4-728px-Survive-an-Encounter-with-an-Ostrich-Step-12.jpg

Last edited:
At initial, the subsidy was given on 2,500 birds.
Sir, here seems some error or typo error, the subsidy is for the farm starting with 25 chicks and up to 50 chicks. 2,500 is a very very huge investment on the part of the farmer. One who could invest this much does not require subsidy.

Who do you sell the meat and eggs to? No one in Pakistan eats this, do they?
Sir, presently the meat is mainly targeted for high end market, that is 4 to 5 star hotels and restaurants. Fertile eggs could fetch you approximately 2500/= to 4000/= Pak Rs per egg. Selling fertile eggs is not economical. Hatch them (you need a hatcher/setter) in incubator for 40-42 days and the DOC (day old chick) could be sold at least 10,000/= Rs. One month old chick will priced at 12,000/= to 15,000/=.

loz yesterday me and my friend were talking about ostrich. i want to try ostrich/camel meat.
Sir try both, very less fats, tasty and very low in cholesterol as compared to others but also costly due to a gap among demand and supply as it is also exported to some foreign customers.

what do you do with egg shell you may able to use the shell as fertilizer for plants.
Sir, eggshells are also sold at a considerable price provided you do not break the shell but extract contents through carefully drilled hole from conical side of the eggs. Shells are used by painters/calligraphers to paint on them and sell them as decorative piece for your home.

Why would anyone want to eat such a beautiful and unique bird? Eggs are ok but meat, really, stick to chicken or ducks instead.

I heard Pakistan Ostrich Company is going to start the cooperative farming in Punjab. Those who could invest independently could get land from them in some specific area (which they will announce) and start farming there. Those who could not afford much or they could not do farming themselves like overseas Pakistanis or government servants could invest in breeding trio (1 male & 2 females) for an amount of half million. Those interested could approach to the company.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom