What's new

farmer commit suicide in AAP ralley live on TV

The farmers who may be losing their farm land are probably 1 in 100,000, and government is not taking away their land for free. They are being paid four times the prevalent market price. Industries set up in that land would improve quality of life for farmers of areas surrounding that Industrial corridors, not of someone from Delhi or Mumbai.A food processing unit would provide direct and indirect benefit to thousands of farmer around it, if not hundreds of thousands.

I live in Delhi and every farmer here and in surrounding NCR districts is a multimillionaire, some even billionaire, due to sale of land; and nearly all of them are given in to extreme venality. It is not government's problem if you waste your compensation money on booze and Bentleys and then hit the road again after 5 years crying bankrupcy.
Talk to farmers who are in the deepest of the burden of loans etc. They cannot see what is good for them. they just understand that they will lose their only living mode i.e their farmland...All I am saying is, LAB may be good for the country as a whole but for individual farmers, they are scared, so government need to understand and take them into confidence...

I also feel our way of agriculture is very old and we need to move from monsoon dependent mode to better irrigation mode of agriculture. Linking of rivers is one of the mega project which I think will change the way of agriculture in India in very positive way. But it requires huge capital and consensus among states and central government and then again Land which is owned by farmers right now.

Understanding realities is a problem wit you isn't it?
The farmer was from rajasthan , and was protesting against the govt in Delhi , on the Land acquisition bill . and kijri is at fault?
I mean i am hardly a supporter of App but by no stretch of imagination is this his fault.
Some posters here see everyone opposing to their views as AAPtards and come with illogical logics to prove their points. I don't blame them, seems it is in this forum, the logical thinking takes back seat...

Sorry but you are jumping to conclusion and seeing everything with pre-convinved mind. The topic is just a one line news stating a farmer committed suicide in AAP ralley. Some people including you turning into an event ripe enough to find fault in AAP party. You could have discussed about the cause but rather people choose to discuss what Kejriwal should hve done. (Sic). Sorry to say but this is the environment where society is being pushed into...Conspiracies, finding faults, blaming others etc is not good for a society.

Nope. I am only going to the immediate environment and who could have stopped the event. AAP and the police.

The rest needs to be looked into, but you seem interested in pushing blame on the center.

You are pushing a conspiracy on me when I only pointed out a possibility, considering this man was an AAP volunteer and AAP's propensity for nautanki. Does not show you in good light.

Nicky, this bill is not passed yet, hence the government cannot take any land without it getting passed. If you say it is passed as Ordinance, then why central government has not taken any and till now? Now if you say they want it to be passed first then what the benefit of taking the ordinance route if they dont have to act on it? There is section of farmer who oppose this bill and they need to be taken into confidence before passing it else there may be more repetition of these kind of events.

An ordinance during its period is as good as a law. Just as the coal mies one was used before it became law.

People can oppose anything, that does not mean their opposition is worth anything. What taken into confidence? Why? Is a bit related to Income Tax taken after taking all tax payers into confidence? Is a law on home owners passed after taking all home owners in confidence? That's childish.

Farmers don't deserve any special treatment, they are normal citizens. That's all.

Kejriwal can stop his speech during Aazaan in Varanasi but he can't when someone was dying right infront of his eyes in his own rally. RIP to the farmer though. I wish he could have shown same interests as climbing electric polls before elections.

You are pushing a conspiracy on me when I only pointed out a possibility, considering this man was an AAP volunteer and AAP's propensity for nautanki. Does not show you in good light.
Some one couple of post above mentioned he fought election on SP ticket.. So first decide who was he?

An ordinance during its period is as good as a law. Just as the coal mies one was used before it became law.
Thats what I said..Isnt it? if it is as good as law then why not even a single inch of land is taken under it (you also said not an inch is taken under LAB)...so whats the use of passing it as ordinance? What was the urgency?

Very sad!

But how on earth Kejriwal is responsible for this tragic incident? Both Rajasthan and center are being ruled by BJP, this unfortunate incident happened in capital and per se it should attract the attention of federal government. It's the BJP led federal government that should be questioned not Kejriwal or his government, of course the state farmer hailed from has a lot of questions to answer.

Not completely.

This is copy of his suicide note. It looks like an attention seeking stunt gone wrong:

CDM5vjhUkAEw2YX.jpg

He also fought last election on ticket of Samajwadi Party.Not an impoverished farmer per se.

What does this note say? Can't read devanagari script.

Very sad!

But how on earth Kejriwal is responsible for this tragic incident? Both Rajasthan and center are being ruled by BJP, this unfortunate incident happened in capital and per se it should attract the attention of federal government. It's the BJP led federal government that should be questioned not Kejriwal or his government, of course the state farmer hailed from has a lot of questions to answer.

Well blame is on him too because he and his volunteers didn't try to save a man who hanged himself in his rally. He can climb electric poles, stop his speech during Azaan in Varanasi but didn't bother to stop his speech or save that guy when he was dying just 30 mtrs away from his diass. This is why it questions his intentions too whether he was thinking of taking a political milage out of this tragic incident and thus backfiring him.

Understanding realities is a problem wit you isn't it?
The farmer was from rajasthan , and was protesting against the govt in Delhi , on the Land acquisition bill . and kijri is at fault?
I mean i am hardly a supporter of App but by no stretch of imagination is this his fault.

i also wonder about the police and the media people there not ready to help bring him down... the media was recording pictures like disconnected machines.

what a callous world this has become...

as one tweet goes... humanity came to an end in that very AAP rally stage today!

please shut up.

in which islamist/commie land do farmers suicide for the silliest of reasons??

from ( Farmer commits suicide at AAP rally - The Economic Times )...

tragi-comedy.

Sir ji, please tell me in which commie state is there an independent media reporting... all reports are state controlled and gives only propaganda... they never show anything negetive..
On topic: rajastan govt is responsible and has to answer this....farmers die and govt turns blind eye in every state.... saddest part is govt alloted money for these farmers never reach them...

Talk to farmers who are in the deepest of the burden of loans etc. They cannot see what is good for them. they just understand that they will lose their only living mode i.e their farmland...All I am saying is, LAB may be good for the country as a whole but for individual farmers, they are scared, so government need to understand and take them into confidence...

I also feel our way of agriculture is very old and we need to move from monsoon dependent mode to better irrigation mode of agriculture. Linking of rivers is one of the mega project which I think will change the way of agriculture in India in very positive way. But it requires huge capital and consensus among states and central government and then again Land which is owned by farmers right now.

Some posters here see everyone opposing to their views as AAPtards and come with illogical logics to prove their points. I don't blame them, seems it is in this forum, the logical thinking takes back seat...

Farmers may be apprehensive, but that does not mean their apprehension are true. Indians have an average IQ of 82, which means that at least a quarter of population is clinically retarded and could not thing of what is good for them. This is apparent in Delhites voting for "Everything would be free" without reasoning.

If this bill fails to pass, it would be biggest tragedy to visit farmers of this country. Agriculture could not support 50% of India's population. Ideal percentage would be half of that. All those framers have to be diverted to industries for which land would be required. All political parties know this and are still blocking LAB!!!

Congress seem to working to keep farmers poor. THe original LAB was drafter as such that no one would be able to acquire land for anything. It classified households, their maids, their cooks, and their barbers as aggrieved party and set limit of minimum of 80% consent. On top of it, not more than 5% of irrigated or multicropped land could be acquired for industries in each district.

Also, I have never seen a Farmer going bankrupt because Government acquired his land. Farmers here pray that Government acquire their land so that they could make a neat profit and exit farming. It is not government's fault that first thing they do with compensation money is buy a Mercedes or Bentley, rather than investing and end up bankrupt five years down the road.

Very sad!

His father has turned him out of his home. His crops have been destroyed. He wanted to go home and was asking people to tell him how to go back home (make his father accept him back).

Some one couple of post above mentioned he fought election on SP ticket.. So first decide who was he?

Be patient, the investigation will reveal a lot. What he precisely was will come out clearly as well as the real motives.

Thats what I said..Isnt it? if it is as good as law then why not even a single inch of land is taken under it (you also said not an inch is taken under LAB)...so whats the use of passing it as ordinance? What was the urgency?

Confidence of those for whom the land would be acquired, or lack thereof. It does not have anything to do with how good the law is.

Urgency is to correct an impossible anti-development law that currently exists. The UPA regime demonstrates that well.

Kejriwal can stop his speech during Aazaan in Varanasi but he can't when someone was dying right infront of his eyes in his own rally. RIP to the farmer though. I wish he could have shown same interests as climbing electric polls before elections.
& they had he audacity to mock the entire incident! No one needed to teach Kejri how to climb an electric pole... & here Ashutosh says his men are not trained to climb tress..

@ all AAP bashers, How many of you have complained about farmer suicides to political entities of the state that the farmland belonged to?

How is Arvind answerable in this case if the farmer hails from rajhasthan? which is a BJP ruled state?

Tell me something , you and your friends arrange a party inside a Hotel room and has a guy who works in the same hotel (supposedly your friend) too joins and later commits suicide or murder inside the party hall you rented.... and according to your logic its the hotel who are responsible for the crime as its inside that hotel and not you guys ?

Be patient, the investigation will reveal a lot. What he precisely was will come out clearly as well as the real motives.
Hypocrisy at its best....telling me to be patient but jumping and blaming Kejriwal for the incident?

Tell me something , you and your friends arrange a party inside a Hotel room and has a guy who works in the same hotel (supposedly your friend) too joins and later commits suicide or murder inside the party hall you rented.... and according to your logic its the hotel who are responsible for the crime as its inside that hotel and not you guys ?
Who knows....Why would your so called friend choose that very day to commit suicide or murder? and also no one commit suicide on the same day of getting upset. There is a history of events which force person to take the extreme step. So there are many events piling up which resulted him to take this extreme step.

Hypocrisy at its best....telling me to be patient but jumping and blaming Kejriwal for the incident?

You only show your ignorance as well as seemingly deep hurt at Kejru being blamed.

Kejru is to be blamed as he was there at the scene and could have stopped the event. There is no need to investigate what's obvious.

The real motives and the man's background are not immediately clear, thus need investigation.

If you find a man is dying in front of you and you do nothing to help him and let him die, we don't need an investigation to say you are guilty of letting him die. But you might need an investigation as to how the man came to be in that situation and who is ultimately responsible.

I can't make it simpler. Hope this clarifies.

Back
Top Bottom