What's new

Fareed Zakaria: Let’s be honest, Islam has a problem right now

i can count 200 problem in hinduism

Obviously since you guys are expert in inventing the problems in other faith and overlook your own. One guy of your community has made an effort to draw your attention. You need to consider that seriously. Your overlooking the problem will have the same result as the ignoring the lethal disease. It is already too late. If you ignore it further, You shall reach a point of no return. Zakaria has rightly said that he wants to encourage “nominal Muslims who don’t take the faith seriously

islam will get reformed itself soon if all muslims get educated in modern schools and madrassa education is banned
Many extremists are of educated background(not alone Muslims). Education has no role when sheep's sell their brains to religious brainwashing. it is educated religious fanatics who are to be corrected. but how? I believe Internet is the answer. Internet is the biggest enemy of religions particularly Islam.

Understand that it is not only Islam that needs reform. We Hindus accept caste problem and it is getting diluted post independence due to many different factors. We also had under age marriage issues, abandoning wife, lower status to women etc. May be more problems than Islam but we are willing to accept and correct, at least a significant section and we can voice our opinions.
Followes of Islam have taken a rigid stand when some of the things have come under attack. this is what they need to change. All have issues but you can and should change with time.
What was best 1400 years back might not be good now. You cannot have females behind veils in 21st century.
Islam was completed in 1400 years ago fully protected all those who have tried it have failed and for veil yes off course not because countries are now having highest amounts off rapes

islam will get reformed itself soon if all muslims get educated in modern schools and madrassa education is banned
I work in Unversity every body is proud to be a Muslim and have latest modern education so know Islam before talking mr

Islam preaches Honesty, and Muslims need to be honest with themselves and others tooo...... Todays Devout Muslims use Propaganda as cover to tell lies and deceive fellow muslims and others.

Very relevant:

When has Pakistani state stoned women? I have not heard of such cases in my living memory. Are both the anchors and Reza Aslan so uninformed about these issues? In general, women have the same rights as men in Pakistan. There's a societal problem, which is different than the state repressing women.

OTOH, I am frankly tired of continuous inflation of women issues across the world world - of women's issues not only in Muslim countries, but all countries, i.e. Western, African, etc. There can be a whole separate thread for that, but women aren't treated any worse than men in nearly all countries in the globe, with a very few exceptions such as Saudi Arabia and Iran. I would even say that countries such as Afghanistan treat both genders equally very poorly, however in different ways.

Why would u think islam need reform.
Its cuz u dont know about Islam at all .Dont mix up people with religion.
Islam is the newest and the Best way to spend life with.

And that's your argument on how to stop rising extremism amongst Muslims? Its obvious that Islamic ideology has been changed and corrupted over time by Muslims themselves.

I work in Unversity every body is proud to be a Muslim and have latest modern education so know Islam before talking mr

Your post says a lot about your pride and you education and version of Islam you follow.

Islam preaches Honesty, and Muslims need to be honest with themselves and others tooo...... Todays Devout Muslims use Propaganda as cover to tell lies and deceive fellow muslims and others.

Islam preaches a lots of other thing which is not very desirable to practice in 21st century.

When has Pakistani state stoned women? I have not heard of such cases in my living memory. Are both the anchors and Reza Aslan so uninformed about these issues? In general, women have the same rights as men in Pakistan. There's a societal problem, which is different than the state repressing women.

OTOH, I am frankly tired of continuous inflation of women issues across the world world - of women's issues not only in Muslim countries, but all countries, i.e. Western, African, etc. There can be a whole separate thread for that, but women aren't treated any worse than men in nearly all countries in the globe, with a very few exceptions such as Saudi Arabia and Iran. I would even say that countries such as Afghanistan treat both genders equally very poorly, however in different ways.
Reza Aslan is informed about it, he said "It's a problem for Pakistan", meaning that he knows it's a problem and not that the state itself is doing it.
These idiot anchors just pick up some years old story about some woman being stoned in the tribal areas or maybe she was referring to the recent woman murdered by a mob near Lahore High Court.
Farzana Parveen’s family claims husband killed her - Pakistan - DAWN.COM (This isn't even a good example because 'the man she loved' had murdered his previous wife and the Pakistani authorities have arrested multiple people over it)

I shared this video because Reza Aslan slammed all the BS out of these 'anchors'.
Me too, I agree with you. It's become a card now, you want to show how "evil and barbaric" Muslims are, just play the women card - "oohhh women are stoned, women have to wear burkas, women can't walk around half naked, women can't drive."
Then, they pretend its the same in every Muslim country - as Reza repeatedly argued - and use it to justify their unfair generalizations.

Reza Aslan is informed about it, he said "It's a problem for Pakistan", meaning that he knows it's a problem and not that the state itself is doing it.
These idiot anchors just pick up some years old story about some woman being stoned in the tribal areas or maybe she was referring to the recent woman murdered by a mob near Lahore High Court.
Farzana Parveen’s family claims husband killed her - Pakistan - DAWN.COM (This isn't even a good example because 'the man she loved' had murdered his previous wife and the Pakistani authorities have arrested multiple people over it)

Agreed, 2 stonings in a decade doesn't constitute a trend. I can recall several beheadings in Canada (none perpetrated by Muslims) within the last several years, but that doesn't make Canada a beheading hotbed and they're not a problem in Canada. And by the same token, while stonings need to be punished most severely, they are not a problem in Pakistan because they're extremely rare. And so, Pakistan doesn't have to spend any significant resources in clamping down on it.

Me too, I agree with you. It's become a card now, you want to show how "evil and barbaric" Muslims are, just play the women card - "oohhh women are stoned, women have to wear burkas, women can't walk around half naked, women can't drive."
Then, they pretend its the same in every Muslim country - as Reza repeatedly argued - and use it to justify their unfair generalizations.

That is a lie commonly perpetuated, I agree - women aren't discriminated in Pakistan and have equal rights, though there are societal and cultural issues that result in women not reaching their full potential. It's not, however, something the state is actively doing. But I go far beyond this. You'll hear many people (esp. feminazis) how women are opposed all over the world and how men have it so much better. This is what I argue against - while women certainly face a problem, there problems are no worse than that faced by men, though the problems faced by either gender are very different in nature.

even modern education have no effect on you.. mr never procreate in this life.. think about afterlife rewards you be getting. you wasted your education and do humanity a favour don't work in a university rather work in madrassa

My question to Muslims here- what if I was to proclaim that Allah is the only God and Mohammad is his messenger and call myself a Muslim. However, suppose I choose from the teachings of Islam and only practise those that I believe are suitable for me in the current age and context. So, for instance, suppose I pray five times a day and give charity but I also choose to eat pork, drink occasionally and do not object to women in my family wearing hot pants or tank tops.

1. Do I count as a Muslim?
2. Do I count as a good Muslim?
3. Does the answer to 2 matter?
4. Is it anyone else's business other than my own?

My question to Muslims here- what if I was to proclaim that Allah is the only God and Mohammad is his messenger and call myself a Muslim. However, suppose I choose from the teachings of Islam and only practise those that I believe are suitable for me in the current age and context. So, for instance, suppose I pray five times a day and give charity but I also choose to eat pork, drink occasionally and do not object to women in my family wearing hot pants or tank tops.

1. Do I count as a Muslim?
2. Do I count as a good Muslim?
3. Does the answer to 2 matter?
4. Is it anyone else's business other than my own?
Yes you are a Muslim but not a good one and ALLAH tells Muslims to enter complete in Islam not just follow which suits them and leave other orders we have to avoid every forbidden thing and try to follow every Halal thing

Islam doesn't need any reform as I said before its the smartest and latest religion billions of Muslims follows not blindly and its the fastest growing religion why american mualim ladies wearing abaya or covering herself..cuz they know the soul of islam.. u read about islam to criticize it..
U need gudience or keep bashing u wont get anything rather than getting knowledge u will make enemies

Back
Top Bottom