پیاز ایک عدد (تلی ہوئی
ہری مرچ چار عدد
کچا پپیتا دو کھانے کے چمچ
لیموں دو عدد
گرم مصالحہ آدھا چائے کا چمچ (پسی ہوئی
ہرا دھنیا ایک گٹھی (باریک کٹا ہوا
تیل حسب ضرورت

ترکیب

پہلے چنے، خشخاش، سفید زیرہ، چھوٹی الائچی، کالی مرچ، لال مرچ، نمک اور لونگ ملاکر باریک پیس لیں۔ اب اسے قیمے میں ڈبل روٹی کے سل
ائس کے ساتھ شامل کرکے چوپر میں پیس لیں۔ پھر اس میں پیاز اور ہری مرچ ملا دیں۔ اس کے بعد کچا پپیتا شامل کرکے اچھی طرح گوندھیں اور دس منٹ کے لیے رکھ دیں۔ اب کباب بناکر اوپر سے دھاگہ لپیٹ کر فرائنگ پین میں شیلو فرائی کر لیں۔ جب سارے کباب تل لیں تو ایک بڑے توے یا فرائنگ پین میں تلے کباب پھیلا کر کر رکھیں۔ اوپر سے لیموں کا رس، گرم مصالحہ اور ہرا دھنیا ڈال کر پانچ منٹ کے لیے دم پر رکھ دیں۔ مزے دار فرائیڈ دھاگا کباب تیارہوا.

1599270171010.png

‘Gyal’ – A Local Hunza Breakfast

Gyal

Gyal is a traditional local breakfast food, wheat pan-fried cakes with honey or fruit jam and the local favorite ingredient, apricot oil.

The apricot oil creates such a sweet aroma to go with the smoky flavors from the charcoal or wood used in cooking.

There are several different types of gyal, and the thing I love about this dish is how it is so simple and hearty, the perfect combination for a morning cup of buttery hot milk tea.

Local Oats (Muesli)

Honestly this is one of the tastiest breakfast foods ever, and I am not entirely sure I can name all the parts.

Almonds, Walnuts, Brown Flaxseed, and Apricot Seeds, all roasted perfectly and then ground, sprinkled over a combination of barley and a local species of wheat germ.

It is heavenly when topped off with a scoop of fresh locally made cream or yogurt and a spoonful of honey.*

Authentic local Hunza flavor, you can try when you visit.

Dowdo in Hunza Valley

DOWDO IS MADE WITH HAND-CUT NOODLES USING LOCAL WHEAT FLOUR
Dowdo (Noodle Soup)

Hand-cut noodles made from local wheat, dowdo is usually made with minced chicken meat. Adding a few slices of onion and cilantro, seasoning with cardamom and cumin, the soup itself a golden, buttery broth.

Dowdo is one of the foods you have to try during your day in the Hunza Valley. I think Hunza Food Pavilion served the best single bowl of it out of all the versions we had.

The bowl of dowdo they serve here is incredibly warming, the gently spiced minced meat smells wonderful, and I love how the broth is so buttery and creamy without being heavy.

local Hunza food..

Chicken Chap Shurro in Hunza

THIS HUNZA VALLEY VERSION OF CHICKEN CHAP SHURRO IS INCREDIBLE

Chapshurro (Meat Pies)

You might see advertising for this ‘Hunza Pizza,’ but I think that chapshurro is an amazing dish on its own.

Common to find it full of minced beef, actually the traditional chapshurro recipe uses spiced yak meat. The seasoning is simple, with a few additions of chopped onions, red chilies, small local tomatoes, and coriander leaves.

This dish is a wonderful example of the blending of local ingredients with cooking styles common to Central Pakistan. The piping hot, very filling chapshurro meat pies are one of the most widely-available (but wonderful) dishes you’ll find in the Hunza Valley.

Back
Top Bottom