What's new

Failure Of India's Big Rocket Project Is Symbolic Of Deep Structural Proble

an utter BS article. the author seems to have an empty upper compartment. In one para he or she states what ISRO is going to do till 2017 and at the of the article say that the it has no trajectory, no planning. And what's the talk about taking cooperation from the west and dependence on Russian hardware. Weren't they the one who had imposed sanctions on irso and it's subsidiaries, forcing them to go for Russian engines in the first place. The authors also says that the sanctions were lifted in 2011, at that point ISRO had already developed and tested the cryogenic tech. Now that just the fine tuning work is left why should they go for a JV. Just the paperwork of such a venture will take hell of a time messing up the future projects timeline.
And most of all why should ISRO give credit to someone else when they have worked on this project for years. Isnt their prestige at stake here?

wowwwwwwwwwww indians instead of solvng ur problems u blame pakistan pak and ajtr lol well i dont thnk its flt of pak or ajtr that india suck in ever field so why dont u just stck 2 to topic or keep ur bs 2 ur self

There is no failure in trying, only a handful of nations have mastered this tech! Jet engines and gslv are two of the toughest techs to master. If India is trying, they will get there one day.

I only hope and wish that we also start trying, failing and learn from the whole experience, instead of cheerleading at the failures of other who are at-least giving it a shot. There is no shortcut to success, and no shame in failing.

wowwwwwwwwwww indians instead of solvng ur problems u blame pakistan pak and ajtr lol well i dont thnk its flt of pak or ajtr that india suck in ever field so why dont u just stck 2 to topic or keep ur bs 2 ur self

OK,why don't you learn to speak proper english and 'keep ur bs 2 ur self'????

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

There is no failure in trying, only a handful of nations have mastered this tech! Jet engines and gslv are two of the toughest techs to master. If India is trying, they will get there one day.

I only hope and wish that we also start trying, failing and learn from the whole experience, instead of cheerleading at the failures of other who are at-least giving it a shot. There is no shortcut to success, and no shame in failing.

This time around ISRO will crack it for sure, they are quite confident after the string of successes and now are into technical collaborations with all leading space agencies in the world.

For those who believe cryogenic engines is some kind of child's play just need to look at this picture.

304462main_08d8429-002_10percent_power_665.jpg

The ice crystals are formed on the periphery of nozzles are against a hot exhaust of close to 3500 Deg C. Anyone having some knowledge of basic mechanics can appreciate the thermal stress that the nozzle is experiencing. This requires some serious engineering and knowhow of material science. And we are not talking of design complications involved in pump, cryogenic tanks, material et al.
Even if it takes a few more years and engine failures, no one should forget the fact the even the nations that master this technology, didn't do it overnight.

This time around ISRO will crack it for sure, they are quite confident after the string of successes and now are into technical collaborations with all leading space agencies in the world.
Dude, as I said, it's good to try! The problem with cryogenic engine is that it's not just the "physical" engine block, which if copied will work out of the box; the main trick is getting the flow / chemistry within it to perfection.

I know the whole history of your gslv, and do know it's technical background as well. The problem with us in Pakistan is that we have been blackballed out of getting even the most basic of techs, whereas you guys have full access to it. Anyhow, by hook or crook we will also get there, that is what it matters in the end. Where national interests are concerned, there is no such thing as copying, stealing, cheating. All is fair in espionage, all kids of it! :P

Well, The Author seems reluctant to mention that :

1. GSLV MK III is Soon to be Tested
2. Cryo Engine to be Tested on MK III is Done and tested for full Time ( Some 200 seconds )
3. The S200 Engine Has been Fully tested
4. GSLV Mk III has Launch Capacity of 5000 Kg to GTO.

Likely to be Tested in 2013.

Now, India Tested and Retired SLV , ASLV
Have Fully Successful PSLV
Fully Successful GSLV ( Except for Cryo Stage ) , which anyway is a stepping stone as Indian Final Answer for Heavy Sats is MK III.

ISRO are Masters of Communication Sats
ISRO are Mastrers of IRS Sats
ISRO Has Highest Possible Resolution Capability ( Spy Sats )
ISRO has SAR Based SATS
ISRO is a Leader in 2000 Kg Class Polar Launches

Need i Say More ?
Its Stupidity to Focus on 3 failures of "Second Generation" Launcher when India is Already Moved to Third Generation.

ma09_radha1.jpg

Exactly my way of thinking.No matter what happens but trying,you will definitely reach there one day.
The Kaveri failed to meet its stated objective-to power the LCA.But that doesn't mean that the investment is totally futile.Through this programme,we learned to develop various high strength alloyes,single crystal blade tech,designing of engine core and now we have a workable system that can power UCAVs and Cruise missiles.So one can't say it was total waste.Heck,we even got a marine gas turbine engine rated at 16 meW.

And as for indigenous cryogenic engine is concerned,well last failure was not due to the failure of the engine itself but due to failure of an course control auxilliary rocket motor.Next time (hopefully) it will be successful.

Dude, as I said, it's good to try! The problem with cryogenic engine is that it's not just the "physical" engine block, which if copied will work out of the box; the main trick is getting the flow / chemistry within it to perfection.

I know the whole history of your gslv, and do know it's technical background as well. The problem with us in Pakistan is that we have been blackballed out of getting even the most basic of techs, whereas you guys have full access to it. Anyhow, by hook or crook we will also get there, that is what it matters in the end. Where national interests are concerned, there is no such thing as copying, stealing, cheating. All is fair in espionage, all kids of it! :P

It actually doesn't matter if Pakistan does it or not - there are many countries who don't have a space program. In fact there are only few countries who have them.

It actually doesn't matter if Pakistan does it or not - there are many countries who don't have a space program. In fact there are only few countries who have them.

Dude, it's not just the space program for which you need all of this! :P

And, by the way why shouldn't Pakistan have a space program? :D

Back
Top Bottom