What's new

Failure Of India's Big Rocket Project Is Symbolic Of Deep Structural Proble

In the early nineties, with the collapse of the Soviet Union, India was forced to develop independent launching vehicles. India originally tried to buy the technology to build a cryogenic upper stage from Russia, but was denied, under pressure from United States and other Western countries.

SLV,ASLV and PSLV has russian connections??I :rofl:ed!!!!

With the development of indigenous Cryogenic engine, India became the sixth country in the World to posses the technology, which could be potentially used for civilian and military purposes.

We have enough expertise in solid fuel..Why use cryogenic engines for our ICBM??

Indian GSLV generally uses L40 liquid strap on boosters and old Soviet KVD 1 upper stage. But even though Indian military and ballistic missile programs were successful, as recently evident with the successful launch of Agni V ICBM, its civilian rocket and space program were mediocre at best.

:rofl:
I always heard vice-versa in this Forum!!!!

The Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV), a launcher vehicle used previously to launch civilian satellites was used as a model of GSLV programs, but it was not successful. Multiple versions of GSLV were launched in the last decade, with more than half of them failing due to technical difficulties. A brief stint of success in 2003- 04 was followed by successive failures.

PSLV is a 'model' for GSLV???
Multiple versions of GSLV??
there are only 2...mk1 and 2

With an unprecedented failure rate, GSLV is gradually on its way to be the costliest misadventure of Indian strategic and space sector. The eighth launch is scheduled in 2013.

The intention of author become clear here

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is also secretive and tightlipped about capability and weight of the satellites and why India is still unsuccessful in launching communication satellites more than 3000 KG, 36 Transponder class, whereas the nearby competitors like Japan and China, not to mention USA, Russia and European Space Agency have already moved on to triple that size.

9000 kg GTO satellites??The author is surely a moron!!

There is no clarity and accountability when it comes to tax payer's money spent on space research, and no heads roll even when there are repeated failures. The lack of purpose is also evident as India lacks fixed and dedicated plan in the Space sector.

Biggest joke I have ever heard!!!

However that argument and logic falls flat as India is already planning for its second lunar mission in early 2014, Chandrayaan 2, and possibly a manned space mission by 2017.

WTF??

If we have the capability we would really do it!!!

India's notorious reliance on Russian hardware is also a major hindrance when it comes to further cooperation with the West. Only with the benefit of hindsight would we be able to determine the trajectory of India's space co-operation with the West, or whether it takes any specific direction, but at this present point of time, it is safe to assume, that without any clear plan, or white paper, India's current space prospects are quite grim, and will continue in the chaotic and headless way for the near foreseeable future.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

To AJTR: post better CR@p next time.....this wont sell in this forum!!!

the current cryogenic engine is CE 20 which produces 200 KNs of thrust..
Another cryo, CE-60 produces 600kN thrust is under development.

I was talking about the semi cryo engine SC200 that produces 2000 kN of thrust intented for replacing liqiud fueled L110 in mk3

I am posting from mobile...pls refer isro annual report from isro website for details....

kindly give link

More Info

Semi-cryogenic Project

Semi cryogenic Project envisages development of a 2000 kN semi cryogenic engine for the future heavy lift
Unified Launch Vehicles (ULV) and Reusable Launch Vehicles (RLV). The semi cryogenic engine uses a combination
of Liquid Oxygen and Isrosene as propellants which are eco-friendly and cost effective. Engine design,
generation of fabrication drawing of sub systems and integration drawings have been completed. Preliminary
Design Review of Engine Gimbal Control system have been completed and technical specification document of
both Hydraulic Actuation System and Hydraulic Power System generated. Hypergolic igniter trials have been
successfully demonstrated. Single element of pre burner and thrust chamber are realised. 3 tests have been
completed for single element Semicryo pre-burner injector.

kindly give link

cryogenic engine

467193main_image_1709_946-710.jpg

kindly give link

Only info is from a pic..RLV upper stage will be also the same

20110802-India-Space-Shuttle-Reusable-Launch-Vehicle-16%25255B2%25255D.jpg

ISRO Semi Cryogenic engine & stage development

In 2008, ISRO initiated a program to develop semi cryogenic engine technology to allow low cost access to space. The program aims to complete the engine design, fabrication and testing within 6 years. The goal is to develop an extremely efficient, high-pressure staged combustion cycle engine with a vacuum thrust of 2000 kN. The semi cryogenic engine uses a combination of liquid Oxygen and Kerosene (ISRO uses ISROSENE) as propellants which are eco-friendly and cost effective. Using this engine, a semi cryogenic stage will be developed that will constitute the core stage of ISRO’s future launch vehicles (unified launch vehicle (ULV) and re-usable launch vehicles (RLV)).
ISRO has been using solid, hypergolic liquid and cryogenic propellants based stages in its satellite launch vehicles (SLV). ISROs workhorse polar satellite launch vehicle (PSLV) uses alternative solid and liquid propellant based stages where a total of four stages are used. ISRO has also developed cryogenic engine and based on it a cryogenic upper stage (CUS) for its geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle (GSLV MK2).

isro-semicryo.jpg

To bring down the cost of access to space, ISRO now plans to use semi cryogenic propellants based core stage in its future launch vehicles. Semi cryogenic engine has efficiency and cost advantages over engines that use solid and hypergolic liquid propellants. The specific impulse of semi cryogenic engine is higher than its solid and hypergolic counterparts, which means that it can lift a higher payload for the same propellant mass. In addition, the propellants for semi-cryogenic engine are safer to handle & store, and are more eco friendly. When compared to cryogenic engine, semi cryogenic engine is less efficient, but its advantage lies in comparatively reduced engine design complexity and fuel handling cost.
ISRO has plans for a Semi Cryogenic Stage (SC160) with 160 ton propellant loading powered by the 2000 kN semi cryogenic engine to be used in place of L110 stage of GSLV Mk III. This will enhance the GTO payload capability from 4 T to 6 T. In the 12th FYP this stage development will be initiated.

GSLV variants

1-s2.0-S0094576508003226-gr4.jpg

seen this pic??seems like every thing is delayed for 3 years!!:hitwall:

1-s2.0-S0094576508003226-gr1.jpg

cryogenic engine

467193main_image_1709_946-710.jpg

Blue flame and ice formation on edges???

SLV,ASLV and PSLV has russian connections??I :rofl:ed!!!!

We have enough expertise in solid fuel..Why use cryogenic engines for our ICBM??

:rofl:
I always heard vice-versa in this Forum!!!!

The intention of author become clear here

Biggest joke I have ever heard!!!

WTF??

If we have the capability we would really do it!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

To AJTR: post better CR@p next time.....this wont sell in this forum!!!
maharaj ji if you have not noticed that this topic has already sold on pdf for 14 days and 11 pages...................:cheesy:

maharaj ji if you have not noticed that this topic has already sold on pdf for 14 days and 11 pages...................:cheesy:

not sold but bashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will sell among pea brained 50 cent party and India haters but not among people with a bit of logic!!!!!!!!

The indian GSLV (Geostationary Launch Vehicle) series are launch vehicles in the 2500 kg to GTO class, which feature a unusual :undecided: combination of different kind of stages. The first stage consists of a large solid rocket, derived from the PSLV first stage.:yu:

Another source
GSLV uses major components that are already proven in the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) launchers in the form of the S125/S139 solid booster and the liquid fueled rocket engine Vikas engine.

So correct me if I am wrong. GSLV 1st stage is the same as PSLV 1st stage with boasters made up of PSLV's 2nd stage. :meeting:

Look under "Type"
GSLV_History-1.jpg

There are no less then 4 versions of GSLV. :woot:
Mk1, Mk1 (2), Mk1 (3), Mk2

From another source.
GSLV Mk I (a) - This variant had a 125 t (S-125) first stage and was capable of launching 1500 kg into geostationary transfer orbit.This is retired.

GSLV Mk I (b) - This variant had 139 t (S-139) first stage and improved fuel in the strap-on boosters & second stage. This variant can launch 1900 kg into geostationary transfer orbit. This is retired.

GSLV Mk I (c) - This variant has a 15 tonne Russian third stage. GSLV-F06 (flight 6) is the only attempted launch of the Mark I(c) version to date.

GSLV Mk II - This variant uses an Indian cryogenic engine and is capable of launching 2500 kg into geostationary transfer orbit. Previous GSLV vehicles (GSLV Mk.I) have used Russian cryogenic engines.

China CZ-3B/E - 5.5tons to GTO - since 2007
Japan H-2B - 8tons to GTO - since 2009
USA Atlas V - 8.9tons to GTO
USA Delta IV Heavy - 12.9tons to GTO
Russia Proton - 6.3tons to GTO
Ariane 5 - 8tons to GTO

Not entirely wrong, but his point is very valid.:agree:

Biggest joke I have ever heard!!!!

No joke. Fact speaks for itself. No need for personal insults. :sick: India's space program is stuck in Low Earth Orbit since 2004 !:undecided:

The indian GSLV (Geostationary Launch Vehicle) series are launch vehicles in the 2500 kg to GTO class, which feature a unusual :undecided: combination of different kind of stages. The first stage consists of a large solid rocket, derived from the PSLV first stage.:yu:

Another source
GSLV uses major components that are already proven in the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) launchers in the form of the S125/S139 solid booster and the liquid fueled rocket engine Vikas engine.

So correct me if I am wrong. GSLV 1st stage is the same as PSLV 1st stage with boasters made up of PSLV's 2nd stage. :meeting:

Look under "Type"
GSLV_History-1.jpg

There are no less then 4 versions of GSLV. :woot:
Mk1, Mk1 (2), Mk1 (3), Mk2

From another source.
GSLV Mk I (a) - This variant had a 125 t (S-125) first stage and was capable of launching 1500 kg into geostationary transfer orbit.This is retired.

GSLV Mk I (b) - This variant had 139 t (S-139) first stage and improved fuel in the strap-on boosters & second stage. This variant can launch 1900 kg into geostationary transfer orbit. This is retired.

GSLV Mk I (c) - This variant has a 15 tonne Russian third stage. GSLV-F06 (flight 6) is the only attempted launch of the Mark I(c) version to date.

GSLV Mk II - This variant uses an Indian cryogenic engine and is capable of launching 2500 kg into geostationary transfer orbit. Previous GSLV vehicles (GSLV Mk.I) have used Russian cryogenic engines.

China CZ-3B/E - 5.5tons to GTO - since 2007
Japan H-2B - 8tons to GTO - since 2009
USA Atlas V - 8.9tons to GTO
USA Delta IV Heavy - 12.9tons to GTO
Russia Proton - 6.3tons to GTO
Ariane 5 - 8tons to GTO

Not entirely wrong, but his point is very valid.:agree:

No joke. Fact speaks for itself. No need for personal insults. :sick: India's space program is stuck in Low Earth Orbit since 2004 !:undecided:

First of all the logic is whether it can carry a pay load to GTO... secondly there is no mandatory to carry this much of tons to this orbit... If it carries a one ton pay load to the required orbit and that one ton solves the problem it is considered as success...

So the question should be does India can solve there problem with this specs??... If yes then there is no question of failure.. If no then it is failure...

Blue flame and ice formation on edges???

the nozzle is super cooled to -200°c hence the steam changes into water and eventually to ice as it touches the nozzle. this is what cryogenic is all about. using machine in super cooled atmosphere :D

Indian and Chinese are lovely, keep trolling guys! At least it make both sides work harder to prove himself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom