What's new

F16 ARE NO GOOD AGAINST THE US AIR FORCE

I'm in a shock to see zero comments. Are we avoiding the discussion deliberately or is it a policy matter?

Video ref.: 4:40 - 5:00
The issue has been discussed on this forum various times in past and almost every thinktanks of this forum and all Indians had rejected.

Now coming from the horses mouth, the pioneer pilot of American jets is saying that our F-16 will not be very effective in any war, where we play adversary against US.

The given reason is same that electronics are tempered and and software is a black box.

It is a serious comment because rtd. air Marshal is quite trusted and respected professional in the world and region.

I wonder how does other suppliers i.e. How honestly; French and English conduct the business of defence exports.

Infact procuring F16s has also some psychological reasons , its no doubt that they are best 4 generation fighters and even F15E who are best cannot be survived once F16 get on there tail , but fact is that our f16s are having some embargo now , PAF think that they can be utilised for airdefence and reconsiainanse and for War on terror.

Thats why PAF has not made any deal. May be they think they can break the laws by countering how americans can jam them in needy situation and maybe they have hired some software engineers, maybe they have got some info from black market or may be air intelligence is good enough to have some resources in lockhead martins if so then we need nnot to worry paf is much more professional despite may 2 ACT. I think they must have something in pendora box!

yar its true but there is a great deal going on if my sources is correct then the even the aim120 were tempered with but we bought them
simply its due to one reason the Pakistani air force brass is confident that they would be able to nullify the whole such system in time in fact they have cracked one such piece of weaponry they are tackling the rest for now they are just buying as much as they can but they will be in later time use it against any country they want that my basic understanding from what my source is telling me believe it or not its up-to you

well i think PAF shortsighted its future planes seems like they dont see any other plane than F 16 sir even most poor nation in the world is going for twin engine fighter jets what is needed we have entered in new era of modern war we are no longer living in golden period of 80s so we have to think for different option all together pakistan airforce dont have to count only on one type of jet today other than F 16 we what have nothing Mirages who are of 70s era and been replaced by alll owners and remember what USA did with these mirages in gulf war they literally mudered them do PAF think our mirage can hit SU 30 no way sir unless that pilot have magic stick so we have to use our funds correctly rather than shortsightedly there are jets like Gripen which is superiror to F 16 in tech and multi role light weight price tag might have some issues but again if we bought 18 new F 16 than if we bought 10 gripens in place of these F 16 would have been made some sense now PAF should think something beyond F 16 its not about the money always yes money do count but it is how to make countries borders safe and secure

The best weapon against Americans would be diplomacy.Any fighter jet against US Air Force will be a target drone for USAF.We need to act wisely instead of using emotions.We have to avoid conflict with US.The massive jamming capabilities of USAF will cripple our air force and other branches of armed forces.

I'm in a shock to see zero comments. Are we avoiding the discussion deliberately or is it a policy matter?

Video ref.: 4:40 - 5:00
The issue has been discussed on this forum various times in past and almost every thinktanks of this forum and all Indians had rejected.

Now coming from the horses mouth, the pioneer pilot of American jets is saying that our F-16 will not be very effective in any war, where we play adversary against US.

The given reason is same that electronics are tempered and and software is a black box.

It is a serious comment because rtd. air Marshal is quite trusted and respected professional in the world and region.

I wonder how does other suppliers i.e. How honestly; French and English conduct the business of defence exports.

Sir jee,

by 2015 F-16s would be only one part of our fleet.......and main missions would be supplanted by JF-17s and J-10s.......so F-16 would no longer be the 'most potent' fighter for PAF, unlike the past two decades.....

I didn't bother watching the clip.

But this is true. Pakistan Air Force's F-16s, even the Block 52s, cannot fight USAF. The best weapon against our F-16s isin't F-22, but USAF F-16, as it will be shown in green or 'friendly' and our pilots cannot lock a missile on it. Be Aim-9 or Aim-120.

As for the USAF, our F-16s would be Red, and shown as 'enemies', hence they can shoot us down from long way.

The US have programmed the F-16s in this way, before delivery, and to get rid of this, we need to spend extra billions to change the computers as the Turkish Air Force did. This isin't economical for Pakistan Air Force to do, especially when the only targets for our F-16s are IAF jets. Not the Sukhois, the JF-17 can shoot them out working out on its low RCS than a Su-30.

In short, the JF-17 and/or J-10B with SD-10 might be able to stand some chances against USAF.

Looking on the timeline and logic, PAF's F-16s are enough today to tackle IAF. So why are we getting those extra 50 thunders in emergency? Did the think tanks figure that out? Anyways Panetta has said it way long back, that Pakistan is going to be the next war-front of NATO. Looking on that, he is soon going toget power, PAF might have rushed for JF-17s. Current prototype is tested on SD-10 and new radar. It got a green signal and now can use the SD-10.

^^ impressive knowledges in summary. I am impressed with you, keep it up!

Perfect answer!

Bascially, PAF knows it can't target US! Some people think US gave F-16s to Pakistan that they will use against US someday. Remember it is US products.

Today India is doing for US is what Pakistan did for US in 1980’s

But the difference between Pakistan and India is, India played awesome game with the USA. Promote Media, getting latest American Weapons, deal in trade/Nuclear, sending people to US for training in any field with support in fact many others things which is good for indian people engineers, doctors, student etc

"Khali laeet nahe gaya balkay kuch lay aur day ke bunyaad pe jisko ham asaan say language may kahtay hain braberi ke bunyaad pe"

Tomorrow India will not suffer like Pakistan...

Now Pakistan's end. Pakistan did (not Pakistan not my country… but cheap generals who even don’t have **** brain) did what even Americans not imagine.

"asay laeet gaye jesay **** hoti hey" we get nothing. For US just *** our self and just support Americans and help them to achieve their goals thats it!

9/11 was the best time for Pakistan when again our so called BRAVE GENERAL "laeet gaya on one call”. But the most unfortunate thing is we didn’t get anything and lost 35,000 Pakistani’s 5,000 soldiers, 90B$$ loss and get ??? NOTHING AS USUAL because of our “BRAVE GENERAL POLICY ONCE AGAIN”. 2002 – 2005 was good time for Pakistan Army, Airforce and Navy to make some great deal. I heard from many army officers that we got what we like at that time and Americans willing to sell us but unfortunately our generals and strategy makers were busy (putting money in their pockets). Our brave SSG general for his own **** sold Pakistan for just few $$ and that begerat even admitted in his own book.

Look at Turkey, when Americans asked for base in Turkey (before invading Iraq). Turkey asked for healthy $$$$ which Americans refused to pay. Today also have F16s industry (jisko ham asaan alfaaz may kahtay hain Technology transfer).

What we get… I asked my TOP MILITARY PROFESSIONALS on this forum (Pakistani members) WHAT WE GET WITH OUR ESTABLISHMENT POLICY ???

Pakistan ka sab say bara masla iske fauj hey not people! Fauj woh kaam nahe karti jo iskay karnay walay hain!

Our Army have no brain. India in Afghanistan, India in UN, India with US, Indian getting whatever they like... remember buying weapon FOR ANY COUNTRY and FROM ANY COUNTRY are not actually dependent on money its dependent on POLICY. Which kind of policy you have and which kind of broad strategic and military policy you have. In which our army and MASHALLAH govt both are lacking.

By observing current situation, it is very unlikely that both USA and Pakistan go in to a major conflict as both do not see any larger interest in this act.Secondly, Pakistan is now focusing two dimensional procurement.One source is European and USA while other is China, Turkey and some close trusted partner countries.After few years, weapons system wont be such vulnerable as today even against main suppliers.Our policy makers are seriously taking these notes.Every weak point making us to more strengthen for future.

Thats true THAT ALL THE f16 ARE PROGRAMMED to see USAF and Israel(IAF) F16 as green, friendly fighter.But remember Turkey made amendment in their F16 against IAF F16.IAF F16 are no more friendly for Turkish F16.I hope we can also make such amendments.

Back
Top Bottom