What's new

F-7's flying in Rawalpindi

abdulbarijan

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
I dont know what happened, however i can confirm there were six birds flying, and thats quite unusual considering the area of Rawalpindi that I live in,we only get to see the likes of fighter jets when they are to perform in 23rd march etc however today at the time frame from 12:30 to 12:45 we had 6 flying over i couldn't get an eye on the first three however last three were surely F-7's..

Any body know whats going on??

I guess there were just two F-7s which circled the city thrice. Unusual for sure.

PAF often has a detachment deployed at Chaklala Air Base,.....the air force could be undertaking some training manoeuvres.

I dont know what happened, however i can confirm there were six birds flying, and thats quite unusual considering the area of Rawalpindi that I live in,we only get to see the likes of fighter jets when they are to perform in 23rd march etc however today at the time frame from 12:30 to 12:45 we had 6 flying over i couldn't get an eye on the first three however last three were surely F-7's..

Any body know whats going on??

I watched two F-7s(14Sqn possibly) circling over Qasim Aviation base, Rawalpindi. No.14 Sqn is tasked with defending the capital city an this flight could be a part of routine operational preparedness.

m1tRy.jpg

Not so clear shot, but thats how they were flying typical 2-ship formation.
AkQJa.jpg

...Thank me for the camerawork:D

I watched two F-7s(14Sqn possibly) circling over Qasim Aviation base, Rawalpindi. No.14 Sqn is tasked with defending the capital city an this flight could be a part of routine operational preparedness.

m1tRy.jpg

Not so clear shot, but thats how they were flying typical 2-ship formation.
AkQJa.jpg

...Thank me for the camerawork:D

Najam Bhai any idea,,, Priority of equipping 14 squadron with JF-17 stands where? It's the important squadron and it should have received JF-17 first nai?

@ NajamKhan,sir you should have a SLR with telescopic lens :D

Najam Bhai any idea,,, Priority of equipping 14 squadron with JF-17 stands where? It's the important squadron and it should have received JF-17 first nai?

Good question, No.2 Sqn also has very old F-7s (from Handshake-I i guess.) I heard somewhere in 2009 that a good number of 2Sqn's F-7 were at the end of their service, some were overhauled and some F7/FT7s were taken on loan from other units. Now If C-802 AShM is integrated with JF-17 successfully then re-reequipping 2Sqn is also possible in 2013.

14 Sqn is also an important unit in Northern Sector, but presence of good number of JF-17 units (16 and 26 Sqn) already make this sector very stronger.

@ NajamKhan,sir you should have a SLR with telescopic lens :D
:D
The problem with my camera, Nikon-L120 is that it has no option for boresight photography...in daylight sun creates big problem as photographer only has LCD to focus on:(

Good question, No.2 Sqn also has very old F-7s (from Handshake-I i guess.) I heard somewhere in 2009 that a good number of 2Sqn's F-7 were at the end of their service, some were overhauled and some F7/FT7s were taken on loan from other units. Now If C-802 AShM is integrated with JF-17 successfully then re-reequipping 2Sqn is also possible in 2013.

14 Sqn is also an important unit in Northern Sector, but presence of good number of JF-17 units (16 and 26 Sqn) already make this sector very stronger.

(

Wouldn't that task be assigned to No 2 unit, based in Masroor, last i heard was that 25 Squadron is stationed in Minawali. ??

Either they are deploying planes some where or they are part of training exercises but their was no news of PAF doing or starting some exercise

I have a flight tomorrow from Isl, maybe i can get a shot of some F-7's!!!

May have been a message for incoming drone that was coming into Pakistan Air Space

During my trips to Lahore, I'd wake up every morning and soon after dawn, and see two F-7's fly East, and about half an hour later, they'd fly back. They fly high, not very noisy, and under certain weather conditions they leave contrails.

So I don't think this is anything unusual. Probably a training sortie.

Let me guys give you a hint... when the PAF last time closed down the airspace over multan...that was due to a very small size drone flying over multan airspace...PAF tried to lock that on...shamefully they could not do it due its really small size ( well this prove size does matter). This time maybe the usual flight in cap but who knows. And folks dont ask me about the source.

Back
Top Bottom