What's new

F-7's flying in Rawalpindi

Let me guys give you a hint... when the PAF last time closed down the airspace over multan...that was due to a very small size drone flying over multan airspace...PAF tried to lock that on...shamefully they could not do it due its really small size ( well this prove size does matter). This time maybe the usual flight in cap but who knows. And folks dont ask me about the source.
So u are saying this was exercise to destroy the drones which we failed last time ? are u our f16 have destroyed the drone once

Let me guys give you a hint... when the PAF last time closed down the airspace over multan...that was due to a very small size drone flying over multan airspace...PAF tried to lock that on...shamefully they could not do it due its really small size ( well this prove size does matter). This time maybe the usual flight in cap but who knows. And folks dont ask me about the source.

Kind of beats the logic since, as far back as 2002, PAF intercepted and shot down an Indian drone and that too in the middle of the night. !!

Kind of beats the logic since, as far back as 2002, PAF intercepted and shot down an Indian drone and that too in the middle of the night. !!

Back in 2002, PAF's night interception ability was limited to a few platforms...
Today the PAF has a large number of platforms capable of night interception..
However, the general rule is .. f-16's , ROSE mirages are tasked for night interception duties..
while the day load is handled by the F-7's.

The Jf-17 will end these limitations.

Just CAP i guess!
Some one must have gone:Been a while since we've been in that neighbor hood!

Just CAP i guess!
Some one must have gone:Been a while since we've been in that neighbor hood!

I dont know what happened, however i can confirm there were six birds flying, and thats quite unusual considering the area of Rawalpindi that I live in,we only get to see the likes of fighter jets when they are to perform in 23rd march etc however today at the time frame from 12:30 to 12:45 we had 6 flying over i couldn't get an eye on the first three however last three were surely F-7's..

Any body know whats going on??

Who needs spys when we have people like you!

Najam Sahib. thanks for sharing the pics.....

as for the maneuvering, sounds like standard exercise to test preparedness (F-7s being interceptors)

Back in 2002, PAF's night interception ability was limited to a few platforms...
Today the PAF has a large number of platforms capable of night interception..
However, the general rule is .. f-16's , ROSE mirages are tasked for night interception duties..
while the day load is handled by the F-7's.

The Jf-17 will end these limitations.

Future tense?

It's been 4 years. JF-17 is fully inducted in PAF. JF-17 should have ended the limitations by now.

Future tense?

It's been 4 years. JF-17 is fully inducted in PAF. JF-17 should have ended the limitations by now.

Those JF-17s have replaced the most vulnerable aircraft in PAF inventory, the A-5s, in the meantime, the F-7s and Mirages continue to adequately perform their role, once these are replaced by the Thunder, the limitations will end.

Those JF-17s have replaced the most vulnerable aircraft in PAF inventory, the A-5s, in the meantime, the F-7s and Mirages continue to adequately perform their role, once these are replaced by the Thunder, the limitations will end.

On What basis you are making above assetion ?

On What basis you are making above assetion ?

The ROSE Mirages for example have been upgraded to a certain extent, while the JF-17 has all the systems inbuilt for mission accomplishment including the BVR capability.

Future tense?

Current numbers of JF-17 are posted here, they do not cover all areas of Pakistan.
Thanks to the induction of block-52's. Pakistan' airspace from north to south is capable of being defended at night.

Sir would appreciate more detils.

The ROSE upgrade on PAF mirage III-EA's has given them a Grifo-M radar which is comparable to the APG-66 in A2A modes.
this has been mated to HOTAS, Upgraded cockpit, AIM-9L and a self developed BVR system(to be phased out when SD-10 for JF-17 is inducted).

Wouldn't that task be assigned to No 2 unit, based in Masroor, last i heard was that 25 Squadron is stationed in Minawali. ??
It was posted to Rafiqui in 2010, and is still operating from the same place.

Najam Sahib. thanks for sharing the pics.....

as for the maneuvering, sounds like standard exercise to test preparedness (F-7s being interceptors)
Thankyou sir for your comment.

Future tense?

Everything is going by the book. Which means to get to the last chapter you have to understand all previous chapters;)

You must be thinking that being a locally produced aircraft, pilots will have relaxation in routine flying...but actually SOPs are no different than rest of the fighter squadrons.

Back
Top Bottom