What's new

F-7P and F-7PG

Now that JF-17s are getting exported PAF can have more of them, so F-7s can be phased out...

One JF17 exported should ensure onf JF17 free for the PAF....

But, PAF can keep them for the "demonstration" purpose, so that the IAF can have the "moral support" to have their Mig-21 fleet operational...

1622838224441.png

Gp Capt Kaiser Tufail wore the PLAAF helmet while doing the flight trials of F-7PG in Chengdu, 1997.
Picture courtesy: Air Cdre (Retd) Kaiser Tufail

1623501451119.png

Now that JF-17s are getting exported PAF can have more of them, so F-7s can be phased out...

One JF17 exported should ensure onf JF17 free for the PAF....

But, PAF can keep them for the "demonstration" purpose, so that the IAF can have the "moral support" to have their Mig-21 fleet operational...

no aircraft can do, what F-7 does.

Could you kindly elaborate.
Regards
A

It's designed to be an interceptor, and it is very very good at that role.
I have yet to see another airframe that does that one role without compromise.
It is a rocket, simple, yet effective design.

It's designed to be an interceptor, and it is very very good at that role.
I have yet to see another airframe that does that one role without compromise.
It is a rocket, simple, yet effective design.

Eh. Not in 2021. Not when it can be shot down without getting within visual range of the aircraft it’s going to intercept. Would much rather send any other aircraft than this thing. The F16 and the JF-17 are much better interceptors than an F7PG, we just use it in that role because it’s the only role it can still be decent in. In an ideal world we would have never bought the PG and retired the P variant in 2005. I don’t know why people keep trying to hype up an ancient aircraft, we use it out of necessity, not out of choice.

I’m not saying the aircraft is inherently bad, when it was new it was the most cutting edge thing in the sky and it has served Pakistan very well, but compared to literally anything that came after it, it’s just too old, the sooner we get rid of it the better. No Air Force with a choice would pick this over a 4th gen, BVR capable aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom