What's new

F-7P and F-7PG

There is already a good thread running on F7/F7PG.

Merge this thread in the above or delete it.
@WebMaster.

I doubt the PG versions are going any time soon, remember these started arriving post 2002 stand off so they are less than 20 year old frames.#
I expect most Mirages to be out before the 7PGs.

Mirage fuselage with 8000 hours life vs f-7 2400 total hours [emoji6]

Mirage wings 2250 hours life plus mirages at pac can be rebuilt fuselage and wings rebuilt by using jigs provided by Australia
Paf has no plans to keep pg as jf-17 will replace them on next few years

Mirages have from airframe perspective still have far more life left

Anyway I will leave it at that

I rest my case [emoji6]

Mirage fuselage with 8000 hours life vs f-7 2400 total hours [emoji6]

Mirage wings 2250 hours life plus mirages at pac can be rebuilt fuselage and wings rebuilt by using jigs provided by Australia
Paf has no plans to keep pg as jf-17 will replace them on next few years

Mirages have from airframe perspective still have far more life left

Anyway I will leave it at that

I rest my case [emoji6]
But you should also keep in mind that PAF acquired the PGs in middle of hostilities with India.....not just to fire sidewinders as even the A-5s had this capability. :cheers:

Turn them in long-range drones, Using AI to perform risky missions. US has successfully done this with F-16, and if or when the need arises, all those thousands of old Jets Parked in the Arizona desert will be turned into flying drones.

F-7PGs from No. 17 AS Sqn 'Tigers'

1622463700208.png

The only things I'd try adding to the F-7PG is a HMD/S with a HOBS AAM and, if possible, Link-17 and a LRAAM. Combined, these features would give us our own MiG-21bis equivalent. A good DACT asset to train JF-17 and F-16 pilots.

My understanding was that the PGs were first fighter aircraft in the PAF which had some BVR capability.
Link-17 would take it a step further. Basically use the JF-17's radar coverage while keeping its own radar off. A small maneuverable jet with minimized electronic signals is pretty dangerous.

The only things I'd try adding to the F-7PG is a HMD/S with a HOBS AAM and, if possible, Link-17 and a LRAAM. Combined, these features would give us our own MiG-21bis equivalent. A good DACT asset to train JF-17 and F-16 pilots.

to be fair, for DACT you could do it as is quite effectively,
nevertheless, a actual good use for the PG's could be turning them into COIN assets, equip them with TGPs and PGM's, like the lanceR's, hand over COIN to them, free up JF-17s and F-16s for more neer peer threats
My understanding was that the PGs were first fighter aircraft in the PAF which had some BVR capability.

No, they never did, they have a BVR capable radar, theoretically atleast, however they never employed any radar guided missiles.

Back
Top Bottom