What's new

F-60 / J-31 stealth fighter aircraft for Pakistan Air Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should put this in a different perspective. Both planes had the same ideology. Inhouse decent 4-4.5 generation fighterjet. The Pakistani made this a step by step approach because of the western arrogance. So we got a decent f16A as block 1. Now we will move towards block 40-52 level in some fields with block 2. And we have the plan to go further with AESA and even better ECM and weapons. So kind of block60 but surely not the same price. Maybe not in every aspect the same but for what we did achieve it is remarkable. It brought not only a inhouse workhorse but it is raising the level of production technology in Pakistan.

Here you have the Indian LCA. Making presentation of being the best with composites and this or that. But the problem is that is is many bridges to far. So they end up with testing and testing and testing. Surely not a bad plane but due to their approach it was bound to be a failure. They have no decent bases for producing this so they get one consultant after another which will milk them like no other... Their engine is history. The LCA is history.

It is not the Indian issue. It is typical with nations that have large sums of money. As long as you do not eat grass you will not achieve... Look what South Africa achieved during boycott... Now it has not even an airforce left.

I think we should put this in a different perspective. Both planes had the same ideology. Inhouse decent 4-4.5 generation fighterjet. The Pakistani made this a step by step approach because of the western arrogance. So we got a decent f16A as block 1. Now we will move towards block 40-52 level in some fields with block 2. And we have the plan to go further with AESA and even better ECM and weapons. So kind of block60 but surely not the same price. Maybe not in every aspect the same but for what we did achieve it is remarkable. It brought not only a inhouse workhorse but it is raising the level of production technology in Pakistan.

Here you have the Indian LCA. Making presentation of being the best with composites and this or that. But the problem is that is is many bridges to far. So they end up with testing and testing and testing. Surely not a bad plane but due to their approach it was bound to be a failure. They have no decent bases for producing this so they get one consultant after another which will milk them like no other... Their engine is history. The LCA is history.

It is not the Indian issue. It is typical with nations that have large sums of money. As long as you do not eat grass you will not achieve... Look what South Africa achieved during boycott... Now it has not even an airforce left.
what are you trying to say just tell us which plane is good JF-17 or tejas?

WTF indians are comparing LCA with JF-17 thunder huh? your tejas even not in production and JF-17 thunder is fully operational and we have 2 sqaudron of JF-17 thunder thats why shut the **** up indians :hitwall::hitwall::angry::angry:
Watch your language young one. We do not want a troll fest here. I do not wish to waste my time sifting through pages of troll posts only to miss some real information.

@zohaibMumtaz, @[USER=151294]Rashid Mahmood Pls do not derail this thread.

Pyaray bhai @Zarvan, pls do not encourage them in this.[/USER]

Yes. What you are saying is better than what I thought still if we can get closer to block-52 it would be excellent achievement

happy to see this thread alive but all the curtent posts are off topic plz stick to the subject ,loosing the charm of thread. thanks

Watch your language young one. We do not want a troll fest here. I do not wish to waste my time sifting through pages of troll posts only to miss some real information.

@zohaibMumtaz, @[USER=151294]Rashid Mahmood Pls do not derail this thread.

Pyaray bhai @Zarvan, pls do not encourage them in this.[/USER]

We will have a troll fest here anyways because some indians have a complex and can't mind their own,So they have to say something stupid to satisfy their ego.:crazy:

Btw I don't think J-31 is a good choice for PAF.

We will have a troll fest here anyways because some indians have a complex and can't mind their own,So they have to say something stupid to satisfy their ego.:crazy:

Btw I don't think J-31 is a good choice for PAF.

Welcome back Jessica :)

Any aircraft that achieves the objectives in indo-pak scenario is good enough.

JF-17 fulfills the requirements for :pakistan:..I am not sure if i can say the same for tejas maybe because of short combat radius and it's canopy. Then again I don't wanna further derail this thread. We should focus on the topic.

Yes. What you are saying is better than what I thought still if we can get closer to block-52 it would be excellent achievement

JF17 is less then F16 in US service but a big winner when it comes to inhouse production, unlimited spare parts, low flying costs, open source, room for improvement and many more options. Does F16 have Ra'ad, KG400, 802 alternative? Are we 100% sure that everything is reliable under all circumstances?

I agree that F16 has been tested and improved a lot. Yet we must not act like blind people and shout western slogans.

I am not sure if i can say the same for tejas maybe because of short combat radius and it's canopy. Then again I don't wanna further derail this thread. We should focus on the topic.

There is nothing wrong with lca canopy, it has an excellent visibility, Yes continue on topic.

can we convert JF-17 thunder to Stealth HUH?

First I'd like to say, this login is only temporary. I came on because I wanted to see what was happening, but this question compelled me to log in. I will not be logging in for a while longer, so moving on.

Anyways, it's certainly possible to do so, but it would take a lot of money and major redesign to achieve a "stealth" JF-17. Both of which Pakistan has neither the time nor expertise of achieving at this point in time; But it is possible.

All one needs to do is look at the F-15SE. It went from an air superiority fighter to a "stealth" fighter which is trying to compete with the likes of F-22 and F-35 as a cheaper (MUCH cheaper alternative).

F-15
f-15c-1999407f15lakenh.jpg

F-15SE
1ortbk.jpg

The problem with converting a plane from a non-stealth to a stealth is that it can never be as truly stealthy as a plane that was built from the ground up to be a stealth fighter. The conversion process can also hinder it's payload capability; Where you would be able to carry multiple bombs and missiles before, you now have a much less payload because of the price you have to pay to keep the plane as stealthy as possible (i.e, internal storage, removal of external hardpoints, even lowering of the amount of fuel).

A JF-17 stealth is certainly possible, but it is impractical, both financially and militarily. It would be better just to build on a new fighter from the ground up, and take the things Pakistan has learned from the JF-17 and improve on them.

At this point, Pakistan shouldn't even be talking about a stealth fighter, simply because it needs to get it's domestic finances in order, and streamline it's military assets so that it isn't spending money on worthless projects, and taking care of weapons systems that may never see the light of day.

-Regards.

I really have give up my hopes for J-10B, we ain't going to see it in PAF.
No Memorandum signed, no agreement ... etc just an offer from China and that's it !
J 10 is outdated and expensive. I guess, PAF will joint with China to design new 5'g stealth fighter.Like jf-17,Al-Khalid,f22p etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom