What's new

F-35 Nearly Six Years Away, Pakistan Buys F-16s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I do not think the PAF would ever get the F-35. Let's look at how the PAF is treated. It's new PAF F-16s have severe restrictions on them, and have US personnel monitoring them, whereas India was offered full transfer of technology of the F-16IN competing for the MRCA contract. There is a day an night difference in this, and the PAF would be crazy to invest so much money on a sanctions prone aircraft. Thanks!

Full transfer of Technology has never been given to any nation having a deal with US, even TOT is offered to India with severe strings attached to fullfill US Interest.

Hi Mr. Avian, thanks for the clarification. You are right, after some research, I found out the US never gives source codes, whereas for example the French are more than willing. Maybe, what I should have said is the following, given Pakistan's economic condition and technology restrictions it should stick to Chinese stuff, as they are more reliable and provide soft loans (i.e. free stuff). Thanks!

Chinese 4th Generation is already operatioal but 5th Generation, I doubt so.

Chinese 4th Gen is considered world wide 5th Gen.

J-10 is chinese 3rd gen aircraft meaning it competes with 4th gen aircraft like f-16s

Hi, I do not think the PAF would ever get the F-35. Let's look at how the PAF is treated. It's new PAF F-16s have severe restrictions on them, and have US personnel monitoring them, whereas India was offered full transfer of technology of the F-16IN competing for the MRCA contract. There is a day an night difference in this, and the PAF would be crazy to invest so much money on a sanctions prone aircraft. Thanks!
Look my dear man......no matter How much restrictions US has placed on our Vipers but PAF has paid for them........once in our hands, we can use them to whatever avail....and yes what could US possibly do?....make them Useless, or use killer switches???? not happened uptill now (Although I heard such rumors) and if PAF could not use them in case of need she would not have bought such sitting ducks....so take heart and relax.....We will be using this baby as per our will in case of need

Look my dear man......no matter How much restrictions US has placed on our Vipers but PAF has paid for them........once in our hands, we can use them to whatever avail....and yes what could US possibly do?....make them Useless, or use killer switches???? not happened uptill now (Although I heard such rumors) and if PAF could not use them in case of need she would not have bought such sitting ducks....so take heart and relax.....We will be using this baby as per our will in case of need
He's referring to the situation with Venezuela, man. Both have American fighters that are now simply show-piece stuff.

He's referring to the situation with Venezuela, man. Both have American fighters that are now simply show-piece stuff.

but PAF had it Vipers flying for almost a decade into sanctions....it comes down to the skill and dedication of technical staff to keep the machine well fueled up even though in the face of shrinking spares.....

F-16 will still service much of the world into the 2020's and 2030s. Time frame for adopting a stealth platform is enough for Pakistan to cover the 4th generation requirements first. F-16 is here to stay and it is a huge leverage piece of a weapon in our regional context. But JF-17 is going to offset our dependence on this bird.

F-16 will still service much of the world into the 2020's and 2030s. Time frame for adopting a stealth platform is enough for Pakistan to cover the 4th generation requirements first. F-16 is here to stay and it is a huge leverage piece of a weapon in our regional context. But JF-17 is going to offset our dependence on this bird.
I rather see Viper becoming Mig-21 of modern era....especially when USAF will start retiring its vipers

yup the f-16 of today will become the mig-21 of tomorrow

I rather see Viper becoming Mig-21 of modern era....especially when USAF will start retiring its vipers

I don't think that's a fair or realistic comparison but inevitably they will show their age after a certain time, true. We still have to await developments in anti aircraft platforms, but as of now the F-16 is capable of handling any host of threats from any theatre in our region. We are not going to use F-16 against America, rather probably a regional nation.

I don't think that's a fair or realistic comparison but inevitably they will show their age after a certain time, true. We still have to await developments in anti aircraft platforms, but as of now the F-16 is capable of handling any host of threats from any theatre in our region. We are not going to use F-16 against America, rather probably a regional nation.

Well the same can be said about any upgraded version of the MIG-21. Look what the Indian Bisons did in Cope India

Indians have rejected the F-16 on the basis that it has no future in their MRCA competiton. They are either going for the Rafale or the Typhoon.

They will certainly show their age when the adversaries will have access to advanced missiles and systems....I am talking about S-300 becoming a common system....S 400 made easy access....S 500 exported widely.....Su-35 fetching a huge export sales volume....Typhoon, rafale getting into majority of AFs ....but realistically this thing is not gonna happen....F-16 will certainly show its age but only when world would be overwhelmed with 4.5th gens

Indians have rejected the F-16 on the basis that it has no future in their MRCA competiton. They are either going for the Rafale or the Typhoon.

One of the posters in Indian section was indicating SH, some say that the ACs will be prioritized according to their price and cheapest option will be exercised....by believing this i see more chance for Viper and Grippen than other odds....and F-16 will only have no future when you ll pit it against a F-22 Raptor....

One of the posters in Indian section was indicating SH, some say that the ACs will be prioritized according to their price and cheapest option will be exercised....by believing this i see more chance for Viper and Grippen than other odds....and F-16 will only have no future when you ll pit it against a F-22 Raptor....

Instead of believing some poster try reading the following article

New fighters for Indian Air Force- TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom