What's new

F-22 / F-35 5th Generation jets | News & Discussions.

you should watch this youtube.com/watch?v=lT8_9hhMEMw
btw i dont see su-30/35 can have any advantages against f-35 in both bvr and wvr
1-bvr : f-35 rcs = 0.001 m2 , su-35 rcs = 2 m2 ( the su-35 have rcs =10 m2 but some source say with ram treatment it come down to 1 m2 :what: so missiles + pylon will increase rcs by at least 1 m2 )

=> f-35 can track su-35 from at least 160 km
the irbis-e can detect target with rcs = 0.01 m2 at 90 km so according to radar formula su-35 can detect f-35 at 45-50 km by radar
another thing you should note is that Apg-81 is an AESA radar while Irbis-e is PESA which mean APG-81 have much better LPI feature => much harder or even impossible to detect by RWR )

+ about IRST the Ols-35 on su-35 can detect fighter head on from 50 km however firing solution required range but the laser finder range on OLS-35 only have range of over 20 km:)
igorrgroup.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/ols-35-irst-option-for-su-30-family.html

about the jamming aspect there 2 kind of jamming
1-noise jamming => easily defeated by any missiles with HOJ feature ( aim-120 , meteor, r-77 ) , and very easy to be detect by enemy
2- deceptive jamming => can't jam more than 1 target at a time ( what if the f-35 launch more than 1 missiles ;) ) and also can be defeat by the use of datalink to correct missiles course

another thing is that in future f-35 will be able to carry many missiles internally
at the moment it can only carry 4 aim-120d but in block 5 it can carry 6 aim-120 , also able to use Meteor ( ramjet missiles => much better terminal maneuver ) , CUDA in future will also allow a lot of 20 missiles all internally ( i think the prefer load would be 3 Meteor + 4 CUDA )

2-in WVR
the su-35 may be more maneuver but the F-35 have DAS + JHMCS that allow it to launch missiles at enemy coming from direction, and no matter how agile the su-35 is i dont think it can out maneuver a missiles like aim-132 or aim-9x whixh can turn 70-80 G not to mention F-35 will also have DIRCM which mean it will be much less vulnerable to IR , IIR , EO guider missiles compared to fighter like su-35
the only problem now of f-35 is that it carry too little missile but which CUDA in use in future the problem will be solve with 4 CUDA + 3 Meteor i think the F-35 should be able to shot down 2 su-35 before going down ;)

You're kidding?! you paranoid? RCS is always hidden, you just speculation based on the different forums. There will never be a single dogfight between Su-35 and F-35, would actually be a combination of Su-35, A-50 vs F-35, E-3D. With the advantage of greater number of aircraft will determine the winner, long-range missile (BVR) is not 100% accurate, do not promote AIM-120D (American failure in the design of it, they must thanks to foreign elements), Meteor will have drawbacks, they also easily be defeated by the defense system. Nothing is perfect advertisement is crapp (AIM-120 to target Yugoslav MiG-29 has no RWR, defensive measures only 48% rate)

PS: I've seen you in a number of forums in Vietnam. Lol you are from Vietnam :azn:

You're kidding?! you paranoid? RCS is always hidden, you just speculation based on the different forums.
not really just forum
globalsecurity.org/military/world/stealth-aircraft-rcs.htm

books.google.co.uk/books?id=Me1Ey5kgthgC&pg=PT300&lpg=PT300&dq=f-35+golf+ball&source=bl&ots=o2HuxoIdwb&sig=z2f5DiOAbW05jHElQWVS4f8H0kg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=XUh8UazZCpKr0AXby4HAAw&ved=0CDAQ6AEwADgU

nxtbook.com/faircount/F-35LightningII/JSFII/index.php?startid=124

weapons-of-destruction.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/lockheed-martin-f-35-lightning-ii-joint.html

BTW while the real exact RCS is hidden , we can still compared 2 different fighters RCS little bit by public information just like how we think one of them is more agile or faster than other based on public figure
There will never be a single dogfight between Su-35 and F-35, would actually be a combination of Su-35, A-50 vs F-35, E-3D. With the advantage of greater number of aircraft will determine the winner,
number is important but more modern aircraft will have advantages

long-range missile (BVR) is not 100% accurate, do not promote AIM-120D (American failure in the design of it, they must thanks to foreign elements), Meteor will have drawbacks, they also easily be defeated by the defense system.
why the aim-120D is a failure ?
missiles do have anti jam measure like HOJ , Datalink , mono plus radar ..etc
Nothing is perfect advertisement is crapp (AIM-120 to target Yugoslav MiG-29 has no RWR, defensive measures only 48% rate)
may be they dont have RWR but it nonsense to say they dont perform defensive maneuver , and btw it still quite long time ago , technology have improved
PS: I've seen you in a number of forums in Vietnam. Lol you are from Vietnam :azn:
you are right about that , i can speak , type vietnamese , stay in VN before quite a long time however iam mixed blood , not really pure Vietnamese btw it doesn't really related to this discussion

F35_EDW_07_12J00551_58_1267828237_4942.jpg

Jesusss!!! I don't think that I can wait till 2016 :hitwall:

The Lockheed Martin F-35B short takeoff/vertical landing (STOVL) aircraft completed its 500th vertical landing August 3.
BF-1, the aircraft which completed this achievement, also accomplished the variant’s first vertical landing in March 2010 at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Md.
Next week, Sea Trials, known as Developmental Test 2 (DT-2) are scheduled to begin for the F-35B variant onboard the USS WASP.
DT-2 is the second of three planned tests aimed at defining and expanding the F-35B’s shipboard operating envelope for the U.S. Marine Corps.
The first shipboard testing phase was successfully completed in October 2011.
The successful completion of the upcoming Sea Trials is key to declaring F-35 Initial Operating Capability (IOC) for the U.S. Marine Corps in 2015.

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/ne...e_f-35b-completes-500th-vertical-landing.html

thumbnail.php

F-35C CF-5 flew for the first time with the spin recovery chute on 14 August 2013 in preparation for high angle of attack testing. The initial test flight with the system was flown by Lockheed Martin test pilot Dan Canin from NAS Patuxent River, Maryland.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll post this just in case anyone says "the F-35 can't get wet."

130709-M-FR159-185.JPG
Those who say that -- who said the same about the F-22 -- are intellectually dishonest to start. When proven wrong, they will NEVER admit it. Not a one. They will continue to say that, later and/or elsewhere, to satisfy their emotional need to poke US in the eye.

Back
Top Bottom