F-16 Thread

Who would u go for:

• F-16

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • J-10

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 ALQ-131 Block II Electronic Countermeasures Pods without the Digital Radio Frequency Memory (DRFM) or ALQ-184 Electronic Countermeasures Pods without DRFM;

to explain this it might be tecnical but watch the video it will explain , when the emeny fires a SAM the eurofighter kickes out a counter measure , the sams instead to hitting the plane hits the pod the counter measure,which floats behind the pane about 500 to 1000m.
watch.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7219518165992396470&q=f-86

60 ALQ-213 Electronic Warfare Management Systems;

In critical situations, it is vital that a pilot easily and quickly becomes aware of any possible threat in order to concentrate his resources on flying and safely completing his mission. In addition, it is essential that the pilot can react promptly in order to escape from or eliminate a threat, for example, an approaching missile.

The Terma Electronic Warfare system reduces the pilot workload as much as possible and enables him to choose the best response to a threat. By using the Terma system, the pilot achieves maximum self protection and minimal reaction time.
Terma has provided more than 1,600 self-protection systems based on our AN/ALQ-213(V) Electronic Warfare Management System (EWMS). Terma has provided more than 1,600 self-protection systems based on our AN/ALQ-213(V) Electronic Warfare Management System (EWMS). We cooperate with aircraft operators to understand their missions and to quickly develop cost-effective solutions which meet their needs. High emphasis is placed on providing pilots with the best possible situational awareness, to automatically initiate countermeasures and hereby establish an efficient self-protection. Our customers benefit from our extensive experience in significant areas:

1 unit level tranier

ASTi recently delivered communications equipment for a Unit Level Tactical Trainer (ULTT) to MaK Technologies in the United Kingdom. The system was designed for the Royal Army School of Aviation, Middle Wallop, Hampshire, UK. ASTi assisted with on-site system installation and testing.

The ULTT combat mission trainer instructs pilots in the individual tactics and squadron-level coordination skills required for maximum mission effectiveness for a variety of different aircraft. It is a leading-edge example of pragmatic, cost-effective combat mission training. The ULTT is generating a great deal of attention from military decision makers world wide, and hosted visits from over two hundred interested military groups in 2000 alone.

AN/APG-68(V)9 Radar Syatem

upgrade the AN/APG-68(V)9 Radar system software under Phase II development for installation in 280 USAF F-16 Block 50/52 and Block 40/42 aircraft. This notice also covers production of the (V)9 radar kit for the same aircraft, which will be issued on a separate contractual action. The most significant system capability improvement for the Radar is the addition of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and operational improvements over AN/APG-68(V)5 capabilities. The new software package combined with the upgraded hardware system is intended to improve the current ability of the F-16 weapon system to perform a lethal Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses (SEAD) mission. The contractor must be able to upgrade radar software currently being developed in Phase I unique USAF Electronic Counter-Countermeasures (ECCM) development efforts (2004-2006) to the Phase II new capabilities (2005-2008) to include the addition of two new pilot modes - Large SAR processing and Automatic Target Cueing. The contractor will be required to complete integration and support into the aircraft with Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Corporation direction. Their concurrent system development to accommodate other USAF requirements is expected to result in a new Operational Flight Program (M5+) for Block 50/52 aircraft (2010). The contractor must demonstrate an understanding of the government flight-testing program needed to integrate the Radar system. The contractor must be able produce the radar kit during the 2007 to 2012 timeframe in order to support the fielding of the system. The contractor must be able to field the final Radar system in 2009 in conjunction with new M5+ aircraft capabilities. This is a pre-solicitation notice. The F-16 System Program Office (SPO) anticipates sole source acquisitions for these contractual efforts to Northrop Grumman Corporation, Baltimore, MD pursuant to 10 U.S.C. 2304 (c) (1) for USAF. Information contained in this notice of contract action is for information purposes only. It does not constitute a request for proposal and is not construed as a commitment by the Government. All responses from responsible sources will be fully considered; however, receipt of responses will not be acknowledged. All respondents are reminded that the Government must receive all responses within 45 days publication of this notice. Subcontracting opportunities should be addressed to Northrop Grumman

all right guys it is 5 in the morning i need to sleep see you tommorow.

Wow General, this is the analysis I was looking for!
Thank you posting it here, I sure it will be appreciated by all members!

With all these systems and armament I bet we have a lethal plane.
:flag:

General,

Please allow me to use some of the above analysis for other forums where same topic is being discussed.

Thanks!

Neo

Neo said:
Wow General, this is the analysis I was looking for!
Thank you posting it here, I sure it will be appreciated by all members!

With all these systems and armament I bet we have a lethal plane.
:flag:
no problem yar , my only concern is that I hope we get all this, like one of our members said that we should probley open an LC ( hahaha ) and not give them the money infront or we will end up with Soya bean or crude oil. If we get all this we have no problems for the next couple of years till JF-17 and J-10 are inducted. lets hope for the best:thumbsup:

General,

Do you have inside info about the avionics suite PAF has in mind for the JF-17 and JF-20?
I assume that the US FMS list includes toys meant for the F-16 only or will they be integrated into JF-17/20?

and where as f-10 and f-16 is concern j-10 does not stand a chance against f-16,if so then why would pakistan would bother US for f-16's and then why not pakistan buy these j-10's in quantity of 77 for which pakistan is still relying on US f-16.

airbus said:
Jf-20 simply mean's two seated fc-1..........
No it doesn't!
JF-20 is PAF's designation for modified J-10 to PAF standard.

airbus said:
and where as f-10 and f-16 is concern j-10 does not stand a chance against f-16,if so then why would pakistan would bother US for f-16's and then why not pakistan buy these j-10's in quantity of 77 for which pakistan is still relying on US f-16.
F-16 deal is meant to close the fighter gap. It will take a few years till JF-17 becomes fully operational, JF-20 won't arrive before 2009.
F-16 is available already.

Neo said:
F-16 deal is meant to close the fighter gap. It will take a few years till JF-17 becomes fully operational, JF-20 won't arrive before 2009.
F-16 is available already.

That is the problem , we need something till we get JF-17 and 10s and this deal will keep us good till we start changing our fleet , now again I should not say this but there is always a BIG IF we get all we have asked for. I am sure my old friend tanveer did not come to USA to play golf he was here to say look we need these now if not we are going somewhere else for shopping. so lets see.

Back
Top Bottom