What's new

F-16, Su-30MKI Face Off During Singapore-India Joint Military Exercise

Su30MKI has quite a number of design flaws and can be taken down both in dog fights and bvr scenarios.
I would Like to know more on the Design Flaws specially Aerodynamic design flaws from an EXPERT like you.

So how would you speculate MKI against F-16block 60 in WVR and BVR scenario.

As of PAF not knowing anything about the su30.. several PAF pilots are flying PLAAFs su30MKK & MK2s... Which are also used in joint trainings with PAF.. Pitted against both F-16s,JF-17s and other jets.
bs, Pakistan is not allowed to use American F 16s with the Chinese

do you have a link for any PAF vs PLAAF war games where you used F 16s ?

I wanted to know about Radar and EW systems

Are they similar or different ; both are block 52

Usually we see USA tweaking its equipment according to the RELATIONSHIP
with the customer and Regional Balance factors
At least 36 of RSAF F-16s carry the ANP-68V(9) radar which is the same on PAF F-16Cs.
20 were delivered with the radar in 2004-05 and atleast 16 previously delivered F-16s were upgraded with the radar by 2007.

RSAF F-16Cs have an Israeli EW suite which received an update in 2011-2012.

PAF operate the later F-16 block 52+ variants which are superior to the 52.

Also why even drag PAF in your rants ... Would invite ..

As of PAF not knowing anything about the su30.. several PAF pilots are flying PLAAFs su30MKK & MK2s... Which are also used in joint trainings with PAF.. Pitted against both F-16s,JF-17s and other jets.

Well PAF only operates 18 such fighters .
There is hell lot of difference between Su-30 MKK & Su-30 MKI.
Apart from India, Russia and Malaysia operate those.

I see a lot of people are guessing how PAF's F-16s would fare against the MKI.

The only instance in which the aforementioned could be evaluated was if the PAF undertook a joint air exercise with the PLAAF and the latter deployed either one of the following aircraft:

1) J-15S
j-15s.jpg

2) J-16
J-16a.jpg

bs, Pakistan is not allowed to use American F 16s with the Chinese

do you have a link for any PAF vs PLAAF war games where you used F 16s ?

Anything can be done under the radar. Both Pakistan and China have airfields that are specially-designated for secretive testing & evaluation.

Anything can be done under the radar. Both Pakistan and China have airfields that are specially-designated for secretive testing & evaluation.
true, but some risks are just not worth taking, and as such I doubt the PAF would dare to upset the Americans in this way.

true, but some risks are just not worth taking, and as such I doubt the PAF would dare to upset the Americans in this way.
I see a lot of people are guessing how PAF's F-16s would fare against the MKI.

The only instance in which the aforementioned could be evaluated was if the PAF undertook a joint air exercise with the PLAAF and the latter deployed either one of the following aircraft:

1) J-15S
View attachment 278412

2) J-16
View attachment 278413

Americans can track their F-16s anywhere in the world.

PAF operate the later F-16 block 52+ variants which are superior to the 52.

Also why even drag PAF in your rants ... Would invite ..

su-30 mkk is quite different from su-30 mki

RSAF F16/52 are a superior platform to the 30 year blocka/b which PAF field which are being upgraded now.

So lets park this myth first.

Regards training and professionlism let me confirm the singpore pilots enjoy investment & training facilities which a far superior to what is offered to PAF pilots.

THE RSAF enjoys far more funding and almost certainly more flying hours.

regarding man behind the plane I believe the SIGNPORE people to be a race which is tech savy business friendly and far richer than Pakistanis, ALL THESE SIGNS point to a high class air force.

INDIA AND ITS PILOTS ARE VERY LUCKY TO FLY AGAINST RSAF regularly.

in short the PAF wil pose no new threat to SU30MKI which they will not have trained for already numerous times

I second your opinions. I would not be surprised if the RSAF beats the PAF in a head to head battle
People forget that Singapore hit first world status in under 15 years after independence

Bro Indians better know our capabilities otherwise they wouldn't waste a moment to act bossy with us the way they are doing with Nepal Sri Lanka and Bangladesh etc
For Indians we are like a bad boy in class room who always beat his class fellow.
The class fellow can't do anything only enjoy when the bad boy is beaten by teacher or somebody else.
Let them enjoy: D

in short Mukh Murghi ( Dajaj)
A man with Hen's mind: D
What about the Parents Meeting ? (Amreeka being your parent )

But humans behind machine is fast becoming irrelevant. Sophisticated AI algorithms are docking space crafts and placing lunar probes long way across the Solar system almost in auto mode !
Well if you see the amount of automation that is taking place as we speak you are right humans are becoming irrelevant but when we talk about wars machines would never be able to replace humans. Patriotism and fear of death are something that no matter how sophisticated our algorithms, we wont be able to teach machines.

Well since now you are talking about takings risks, the entire world accused Pakistan about what it did with the tail of the stealth black hawk that was left behind. Since I am not an inside guy my words mean nothing, you can google it yourself and decide what the truth is. My whole point is you have no idea how deep things go when you talk about Pakistan and China.

Well PAF only operates 18 such fighters .
There is hell lot of difference between Su-30 MKK & Su-30 MKI.
Apart from India, Russia and Malaysia operate those.

@Khafee

The Republic of Singapore Air Force operates 62 F-16 Fighting Falcons, all of which are advanced F-16C/D block 52 aircraft. These aircraft are equipped with state-of the-art armament, including AIM-120 AMRAAM and (presumably) the Israeli Python 4 missile linked to a DASH-3 Helmet Mounted Sight.

Source F-16.net

Program
Model Block Qty. Serials Delivered
Program Model Sr. no. Year
Peace Carvin I
F-16A Block 15OCU 4 880/883 1988
F-16B Block 15OCU 4 885/888 1988
Peace Carvin II F-16C Block 52 8 608/615 1998
F-16D Block 52 10 623/638 (random nrs.) 1998
Lease & Buy F-16C Block 52 4 600 series 1999
F-16D Block 52 8 600 series 1999
Peace Carvin III F-16C Block 52 10 600 series 2000-2002
F-16D Block 52 2 691/692 2000-2002
Peace Carvin IV F-16D Block 52 20 661/680 2003-2004

Modifications & Armament
Dorsal Fairing
The 10 F-16D Block 52 aircraft ordered in 1994 have the same dorsal fairing as the Israeli IF-16D and the sole VISTA aircraft. It is rumored to house the SPS-3000 EW suite. The dorsal spine were installed during regular routine assembly while these aircraft were on the production line in Fort Worth.

Armament and Helmet Mounted Sight
It is rumored that the Israeli's have provided the RSAF with a first batch of short-range IR-guided Python 4 missiles. Recent pictures have shown the RSAF vipers flying with the DASH-3 HMS integration sensors attached to the canopy. DASH-3 (or any other HMDS) is essential to exploit the full potential of the Python 4, however the presence of the DASH-3 sensors does not confirm the availability of Python 4 missiles. Python4 can be fired without the HMDS and DASH can be employed to slave quite a number of other sensors (FCR, TGP, etc.) to the pilot's sight.

Singapore has acquired the AGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missile for use on its F-16 and Fokker 50 aircraft.

In view of neighboring Malaysia upgrading its MiG-29s allowing integration of the Vympel R-77 AR-homing AAM, Singapore acquired about 100 AIM-120 missiles. Previous requests for the AIM-120 by Singapore and other countries in the region were turned down by the US government until a similar system was introduced in the region. It is understood that the AIM-120 misseles are stocked in the US, and will only be shipped to Singapore when the state is threatened. The latest reports confirm these AMRAAM missiles being in-country.

RSAF F-16D block 52 - note the dorsal spine, the IFF antennae in front of the canopy, and the Helmet Mounted Sight sensors just above the pilots [Photo by Edward Sou]

Its not so easy. Is it so easy to look at the Radar, even if you have an access to the radar to reverse engineer.
Hope you know how Russian help you in developing KLJ-7 derived from Zhuk, and for J-11, J-15 the blue prints, flight data from the Ukraine, FBW from Israeil with Lavi program.

Hard to come up Pakistan's F-16 capabilities from that of Singapore. Every different nation has different strategies and trainings.

F 16 shall be badly humiliated. When euro fighter went down by 13 to 0 than what is the class of F 16. Nothing except Su 35 can stand against MKI.

No doubt SU-30 is a potent machine and like all other aircraft it has it's advantages and disadvantages, on plus side it carries a great weapon load and has long endurance also the benefit of twin engines, on the minus side apart from it's serviceability issues, it generates a big RCS, it's never seen any actual combat, recently while flying in clean nconfiguration against a Typhoon, which was supporting drop tanks, the MKI had to repeatedly engage it's TVC to maintain the turn.
The much flaunted TVC is open to debate and i will quote a reputable source to the effect.

In today's age with missiles that can track you at 60g movements and practically ensure that you end up dead unless you do some miracle; these figures are becoming less and less relevant. In the real world, your fighter can dance like a monkey with thrust vectoring and all that.. and the F-16 with the JHCMS will still kill you as easily as it would if you were a straight and level bomber.

12362671_1694821394088544_4402499854481249578_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom