What's new

F-16 Becomes a Target Drone.

The remote controlled.......YES.

So it is possible to make F 16 or any fighter plane remote controlled.

Anyways, people around have lost their mind while deducting that F 16 has lost its value. Obviously, those F 16 are not going to be some block 52 or higher model.

So it is possible to make F 16 or any fighter plane remote controlled.

Anyways, people around have lost their mind while deducting that F 16 has lost its value. Obviously, those F 16 are not going to be some block 52 or higher model.
we dont know yet. With the budget US have it can make them block 60. no compromise of military training.

@ growler

Since u love history...
Who invented 'Zero'?
And we gave it to the world free of cost.
Even einstein awcknowledged it.

But history qs. Are not relevant in present era, especially for defence.

ZERO wow thats a huge invention and thank god i can add 1 to 9 and make it 10. :yahoo:

People some of US F-16s are 30 to 35 year old , give me a break if they use such old models for target practice.
Even I can buy 35 year old BMW or Mercedes and rack it :lol:

@ growler

Since u love history...
Who invented 'Zero'?
And we gave it to the world free of cost.
Even einstein awcknowledged it.

But history qs. Are not relevant in present era, especially for defence.
You guys gave it to world for free because no one was buying it....:lol:

JUST KIDDING. Dont take it seriously.

It just shows HOW FAR AHEAD THE USA and its best NATO allies are of Most Asian Air forces.

To think the PAF believe the F16 to be their standard bearer YET THE AMERICANS will use them has cannon training.

Incredible situation.

Inshort today the F16 is to USA wat MIG21 is to INDIANS or MIG19s/A5s to PAF

f 16 is the most successful program in military aviation history and yes it is sad to see that this unbeatable war bird is going to retire soon and would become a target.

i think if they do use it as an aggressor it would still shoot down many of its enemies.

but they are using it as just a decoy.

:what: Where did you get that from ? When did the F-16 become the most successful program in military aviation history ?

:what: Where did you get that from ? When did the F-16 become the most successful program in military aviation history ?

World's Best single Engine all weather Multirole Fighter , has over 100+ Kills without sustaining a single loss , choice of 24 Nations , 20 repeat orders and Deployment from Arabian desert to Antarctic .

It can Do 3 sorties per day , has a raised cockpit and can pull 9g's easily.

It can carry all sorts of weapons in all sorts of conditions day or night and it is Affordable .

This is what makes it the most Successfull program in Military aviation history in its own Class of LWMRF !

Do you have a competitor ???;)

9ec575080b4eb820eb310fcad868b0d0.jpg

Last edited:
World's Best single Engine all weather Multirole Fighter , has over 100+ Kills without sustaining a single loss , choice of 24 Nations , 20 repeat orders and Deployment from Arabian desert to Antarctic .

It can Do 3 sorties per day , has a raised cockpit and can pull 9g's easily.

It can carry all sorts of weapons in all sorts of conditions day or night and it is Affordable .

This is what makes it the most Successfull program in Military aviation history in its own Class of LWMRF !

Do you have a competitor ???;)

9ec575080b4eb820eb310fcad868b0d0.jpg

Well you changed your stance as before you said its the most successful of all time. None of the modern era jets come even close to being in the 10 best except the F-18 and to an extent the Harrier. As for competitors in terms of program success the list is huge. We have the MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier II, F 86, Messerschmidt ME109 , F-18 SH, Supermarine Spitfire, P51 Mustang, Three-Wing Fokker, Mitsubishi Zero etc etc
The F-16 is good for sure and quite an achievement for LM. But its not good enough yet to be called the best in any category.

That may be the case, for reasons that you have mentioned.However to say that just because india does not chose it as MMRCA,means it is iout dated, is a serious injustice to a truely great plane. India will chose a plane to keep it s own needs in mind.it will have nothing to do with what PAF has or does not have.
Araz

I never intended to say it is a down graded plane sir..... It s a great plane no doubt about that. Saying its era is over it means that we have moved into next generation thats all sir. Oh ya IAF does take into consideration of what PAF has....

Being used as target practice doesnt lowers the capability of f16.Still it is a lethal plane.Maybe its airframe design has become old but the thing which matters the most is the avionics.But i would say that it would be a comparitively easy target for a sam like s400.

why? cant i act like a indian for once? go off topic. :bunny:

If non sense is the quality that you want to aquire from others, then so be it...My mistake.. I really thought I was missing some context in your post but thanks for confirming that you interntionally posted off topic..

There goes F 16 as a serious contender from the MMRCA deal. Just the association of the name with the plane USAF will use for target practise is damaging enough to knock out any chances that it had..

Well that would suit PAF as well...:)
Win win situation...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom