What's new

F-16 Becomes a Target Drone.

I do kinda agree with you. It symbolizes that F16s era is ova and new generations are considering it for target practice. time to move on:tup:

It doesnt matter if its block 52/60....it still is F16.
If they tomorrow make a version of F22 with stealthy qualities for target practice so that they know how effective their weapons are against stealth aircraft will that count as F22 era is over.

Huh.

I do kinda agree with you. It symbolizes that F16s era is ova and new generations are considering it for target practice. time to move on:tup:

yes

it is still the F-16

who's sale causes India to wail & scream, time to move on

If they tomorrow make a version of F22 with stealthy qualities for target practice so that they know how effective their weapons are against stealth aircraft will that count as F22 era is over.

Huh.

Sir, the point is why would IAF go for the F16 when the Pakistani pilots have mastered the bird. That would obviously have a bearing on MMRCA. And the point that "F16 is still the f16", is a complement the way i see it. The new variants keeps them on par with the best 4.5 gen fighters.

that time was greatest ever f-16 when it was in color of india remember f-161in thread.some indian members will say that dayd cam you compear indian f-161 and pakistani block 52 no way.what a think you guys have.

^

yeh, sure.... they'll be using blk 52/60s for target practice....

buthee band kar, tay banthay da puttar ban!

Sir
There is no need to use this kind of language. If you disagree, then give your reasons.The post was not offensive and your retort was distasteful .Post reported
Araz

Last edited:

I strongly disagree.it just goes to show the number of planes which USAF has in reserve which it wants to use for aerial targeting.As far as the current blocks are concerned , they are still pretty relevant and considering the numbers being used, and the downsizing of the orders of F35and F22s they will remain relevant for another decade or so for US.For nations like pakistan, we will be flying the later blocks till 2040.
regards
Araz

Sir, the point is why would IAF go for the F16 when the Pakistani pilots have mastered the bird. That would obviously have a bearing on MMRCA. And the point that "F16 is still the f16", is a complement the way i see it. The new variants keeps them on par with the best 4.5 gen fighters.
I know F 16 is F 16 (Just a six behind F22) :lol: .Kidding . some friends here wanted to prove that F 16 era is over. SO i gave F 22 example.

cheers.

The point is F16 is not going to be a serious contender for MRMCA. As already stated it is already in service with PAF and IAF woudnt be going for it. since PAF has been operating this bird for long time the IAF is at disadvantage here.....

That may be the case, for reasons that you have mentioned.However to say that just because india does not chose it as MMRCA,means it is iout dated, is a serious injustice to a truely great plane. India will chose a plane to keep it s own needs in mind.it will have nothing to do with what PAF has or does not have.
Araz

Better watch your words. We don't have any masters like in your case. Its your government which takes the begging bowl around the world.
Lets not go into further details, i must respect the fact that this is a Pakistani forum and i don't want to hurt the nice people around because of a troll like you.

A question please kindly answer.

Who constructed Taj mahaal? I mean the labor.
And who ordered it to construct it?

@ growler

Since u love history...
Who invented 'Zero'?
And we gave it to the world free of cost.
Even einstein awcknowledged it.

But history qs. Are not relevant in present era, especially for defence.

Better watch your words. We don't have any masters like in your case. Its your government which takes the begging bowl around the world.
Lets not go into further details, i must respect the fact that this is a Pakistani forum and i don't want to hurt the nice people around because of a troll like you.

I beg to differ. Its an International forum. And just because the name is such doesn't mean we should please them.

This is not only to you my friend, but I came across few post which says/warns that "You better watch out. This is a Pakistani forum". Its kina silly ;)

And I also know that the mods here are one sided as one can easily guess ;)

And please, I'm not a new guy to this forum ;)

You know one can also use , F22 raptor for target practice

The thing is that does not means that F22 is not a capable fighter plane

a) There are no pilots that are flying the f16 , these are planes
rusting in their storage facilities and they don't have money to repair them

These are the same planes being sold to india ^_^ special india F16 MRCA

b) The drones do not shoot back at you or they do evasive manuver
c) Also the planes lack electronic jamming and defence
features.....missiles and its a drone etc

Its just happens that USA has like what 4000-5000 F16 flying around
they have so many planes they know they need to make room

That is it ...

Don't count the F16 OUT :p

cbbd444089b9d660b0c75eae327f43e7.jpg

:sniper:

That may be the case, for reasons that you have mentioned.However to say that just because india does not chose it as MMRCA,means it is iout dated, is a serious injustice to a truely great plane. India will chose a plane to keep it s own needs in mind.it will have nothing to do with what PAF has or does not have.
Araz

Absolutely.. No intention of saying that. What I was trying to say was that India may not want to place a $ 11 billion order for a plane whose namesake is used as a target. Its more to do with perception than the actual capabilities.

If it was upto me, I would split the order between F 16 and F 18 since the 2 planes really complement each other..

Back
Top Bottom