What's new

F-15 Eagle Vs SU-27 Flanker

I've seen that before, it is cool and well made. Except I want the pilots (after they eject) to either shake hands and have a beer, or continue the fight with handguns! ;)

ACM down low like that is pretty much impossible, though, and the missiles are more lethal. Usually, if pickled in good parameters, the likelihood of a kill is very high, especially for the IR variants.

I've seen that before, it is cool and well made. Except I want the pilots (after they eject) to either shake hands and have a beer, or continue the fight with handguns! ;)

ACM down low like that is pretty much impossible, though, and the missiles are more lethal. Usually, if pickled in good parameters, the likelihood of a kill is very high, especially for the IR variants.

I really liked the reference of the eagle hunting down other birds during the video.

Well (My personal opinion :D), after the both pilots land on the ground... they fight each other with their 9mm pistols while simultaneously taking cover behind those electric poles.. after running out of ammo.. they have a fist fight for like 15 to 30 minutes... then eventually they both die on the ground because of thirst and dehydration... :woot:

another kind of F-15 vs SU-27 video to watch.. :)

another awesome video to watch... :)
a MiG-29 in danger..

a flight package of F-16s on a HAVCAP (High Asset Value Combat Air Patrol) mission :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell ya what... the airspeed those guys punched out at - both of them would likely have serious flail injuries, so any ability to continue to fight would be pretty limited.

Taking a life is not pleasant. I've never done it, but many of my friends have, and they are all disturbed by it. One guy (an A-10 pilot) blew up a large number of tanks and trucks in GW1 and was hurting. Air to air, the enemy is viewed more as the machine rather than the man. I don't know of any pilot that is happy when there is no parachute. When it comes down to it, war is damned ugly for everybody.

Actually, its the pilots experience that matters overall.
Agreed on the fact, the craft too is involved, but all is in pilots hands, and they are the ones who can win the dogfight. Aircrafts are only used to fight, and pilots do it ;)

I'll tell ya what... the airspeed those guys punched out at - both of them would likely have serious flail injuries, so any ability to continue to fight would be pretty limited.

Taking a life is not pleasant. I've never done it, but many of my friends have, and they are all disturbed by it. One guy (an A-10 pilot) blew up a large number of tanks and trucks in GW1 and was hurting. Air to air, the enemy is viewed more as the machine rather than the man. I don't know of any pilot that is happy when there is no parachute. When it comes down to it, war is damned ugly for everybody.

A quote by someone I don't know.
"War is delightful to those who have not yet experienced it."

I agree with you on this, sir. :police:

well i have seen both of the aircrafts live in demonstration in Bahrain Air Show and i think that F-15 BVR Missiles have more range then SU 27 i think it has a range of 4.5 to 6 miles and the plate form for F.15 is great well one of an united states air force F.15 Technician has said that not a single jet has been destroyed during combat since the gulf war.

Never knew Chogy, that pilots does not like taking life, specially A-10 pilot whose job is to take on ground tragets. I thought they are proud of it.

Anyway, I think there are more than 70% chance to escape unhurt in case of air to air.

Its a nice post...Thx

both of them is like sayin what happens when irresistable force meets with immovable objets both are more agile kings of skies hates of to their makers

Chogy, does it mean that u never took part in any war?

No, I missed Gulf War 1 by months. At the time, I was an instructor pilot. But my old squadron was the top-scoring unit of that conflict, and I've kept in touch with many of these fellows (and others) from my AF career.

I'm a pretty old guy relative to most here! :azn:

No, I missed Gulf War 1 by months. At the time, I was an instructor pilot. But my old squadron was the top-scoring unit of that conflict, and I've kept in touch with many of these fellows (and others) from my AF career.

ohh ic so you retired (or left) few months before war.

God saved you from killing other people :)

Last edited:
Serierously. Modern Heat AA missiles such as Aim-9X, Paython-5 can down you even if you drop flares. One clean lock on you are tosted.

In the film more than 8 missiles are fired. lol

A quote by someone I don't know.
"War is delightful to those who have not yet experienced it."

I agree with you on this, sir. :police:
And there is certainly a reason why these words are spoken. Well quoted, freund. It is often appalling to find a lot of people brag about what would happen in a war and relish it so easily here (most presumably amateur armchair teenage generals) and finally relish talking about using nuclear weapons on anybody in any scene as if it is a fire cracker.

I will tell you from personal experience; even training to take someone's life is not pleasant especially on ground when you meet someone face to face. Taking it and living with it is a big weight a veteran soldier carries with oneself.

come on ....u r still young ...u r just under 50 I suppose :azn: may be u were major or lt. col when u were retired?

Back
Top Bottom