What's new

Eygpt .. where the lies keep on coming

I do not trust Bearded Mullahs.

My support of Erdogan is based on the performance of his government.

I don't know if you were old enough to remember what Turkish Economy was 15 years ago.

Let me tell you, it was ABYSMAL and Turkish Lira was in a free fall.

Today, under the stewardship of Prime Minister Erdogan, Turkish GDP is close to a Trillion Dollars and Turkey is one of the 20 top economic powers of the World.

Now let us get back to the question you asked " Why Pakistanis are such a captive audience with people with beards and who talk about Ummah"

I will tell you a deep Basic Truth which few people will talk about or even understand about Pakistani people.

So please fasten your seat belts and get ready for a ride to the land of PURE AND UNADULTERATED TRUTH ( NO HOLDS BARRED).

Why do most Egyptians and most Pakistanis think so differently ?

MOST EGYPTIANS = PAN ARAB ( ARAB NATIONALIST )

MOST PAKISTANIS = PAN ISLAMIST

If you can understand this BASIC DIFFERENCE IN MINDSET, you will understand 90 % of reasons why most Egyptians and most Pakistanis think so differently.

Historically, ARAB NATIONALISM appeals to most Egyptians and Arabs and this is why Gamal Abdel Nasser was a hero in the Arab World. But in Pakistan he had no appeal. Infact a large number of religious Pakistanis hated and abhorred him because he killed leaders of Al Ikhwan al Muslimeen.

The Arab leader who was loved and revered in Pakistan was King Faisal bin Abdel Aziz who was an Icon in Pakistan. There are cities and highways named after him in Pakistan.

Why ? Because Faisal did not promote Arab Nationalism over Islam.

Think about it, when you flaunt ARAB NATIONALISM in our face, that does not impress us or endear you to us ( assuming you are Muslim).

Our only connection with the Islamic World is Islam.

Look at your Avatar. You are displaying Nasser's picture who means nothing to Pakistani Muslims.

So I can understand your frustration as an Arab Nationalist with Pakistanis.

Now, coming back to your comment about Beards, that only holds sway with Pakistani Sunni Extremist who have TALIBAN TYPE Mentality. They are a small minority of Pakistanis.

But ISLAM and UMMAH are huge in Pakistan even with the Moderates like me.

Let me share another GEM of Wisdom with you, Lol.

One of our most famous Poet who has had huge influence forming Pakistani Psyche is Muhammad Iqbal.

Muhammad Iqbal was a staunch PAN ISLAMIST and so was his poetry which had a huge impact on the Psyche of Pakistani People and in fact on the Formation and creation of Pakistan in 1947.

Hopefully , this may explain the strange behavior of us Pakistanis to an ARAB NATIONALIST.

BTW, the ARAB NATIONLISM is not a new Phenomenon. Historically speaking it predates Islam and Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

We Muslims believe that our Holy Prophet PBUH warned his people to refrain from ARAB NATIONALISM. He spoke about Islamic Ummah and told all Muslims ( both Arabs and Non_Arabs ) " Today, I have made you Brothers of each other".

P.S. @farag are you a Coptic ? Just curious.

I am non religious but born in a sunni family. Anti mursi people are mostly religious.
To make it clear:
Al azhar is against mursi.
Al Qaeda is pro mursi.

What is better? To talk for ummah or to act for ummah?
Erdogan has talked a lot but has increased economic and military cooperation with Israel. He hosted radars for Israel against Iran.

Nasser acted against Israel and nationalized Suez canal. He did not talk about sharia.

My avatar does not mean Arab supremacy but it is showing Jinnah of Egypt.

Last edited by a moderator:
In its highest popularity, Morsi only got a bit more than 50% of the votes against a member of the previous regime. He does not even have half of his supporters. 17 million people stormed into streets and brought him down. Army just made the job less bloody.

Why is Turkey so much against it? because they lost their strategic allies.
I read todayszaman.com and I was going to throw up. Lots of lies and conspiracy theories.

Good point is:
Turkey has not used harsh language against KSA yet :)
Turkey(Erdogan)is against it because the AKP and MB(Morsi)are from the same gang.

I do not trust Bearded Mullahs.

My support of Erdogan is based on the performance of his government.

I don't know if you were old enough to remember what Turkish Economy was 15 years ago.

Let me tell you, it was ABYSMAL and Turkish Lira was in a free fall.

Today, under the stewardship of Prime Minister Erdogan, Turkish GDP is close to a Trillion Dollars and Turkey is one of the 20 top economic powers of the World.

Now let us get back to the question you asked " Why Pakistanis are such a captive audience with people with beards and who talk about Ummah"

I will tell you a deep Basic Truth which few people will talk about or even understand about Pakistani people.

So please fasten your seat belts and get ready for a ride to the land of PURE AND UNADULTERATED TRUTH ( NO HOLDS BARRED).

Why do most Egyptians and most Pakistanis think so differently ?

MOST EGYPTIANS = PAN ARAB ( ARAB NATIONALIST )

MOST PAKISTANIS = PAN ISLAMIST

If you can understand this BASIC DIFFERENCE IN MINDSET, you will understand 90 % of reasons why most Egyptians and most Pakistanis think so differently.

Historically, ARAB NATIONALISM appeals to most Egyptians and Arabs and this is why Gamal Abdel Nasser was a hero in the Arab World. But in Pakistan he had no appeal. Infact a large number of religious Pakistanis hated and abhorred him because he killed leaders of Al Ikhwan al Muslimeen.

The Arab leader who was loved and revered in Pakistan was King Faisal bin Abdel Aziz who was an Icon in Pakistan. There are cities and highways named after him in Pakistan.

Why ? Because Faisal did not promote Arab Nationalism over Islam.

Think about it, when you flaunt ARAB NATIONALISM in our face, that does not impress us or endear you to us ( assuming you are Muslim).

Our only connection with the Islamic World is Islam.

Look at your Avatar. You are displaying Nasser's picture who means nothing to Pakistani Muslims.

So I can understand your frustration as an Arab Nationalist with Pakistanis.

Now, coming back to your comment about Beards, that only holds sway with Pakistani Sunni Extremist who have TALIBAN TYPE Mentality. They are a small minority of Pakistanis.

But ISLAM and UMMAH are huge in Pakistan even with the Moderates like me.

Let me share another GEM of Wisdom with you, Lol.

One of our most famous Poet who has had huge influence forming Pakistani Psyche is Muhammad Iqbal.

Muhammad Iqbal was a staunch PAN ISLAMIST and so was his poetry which had a huge impact on the Psyche of Pakistani People and in fact on the Formation and creation of Pakistan in 1947.

Hopefully , this may explain the strange behavior of us Pakistanis to an ARAB NATIONALIST.

BTW, the ARAB NATIONLISM is not a new Phenomenon. Historically speaking it predates Islam and Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

We Muslims believe that our Holy Prophet PBUH warned his people to refrain from ARAB NATIONALISM. He spoke about Islamic Ummah and told all Muslims ( both Arabs and Non_Arabs ) " Today, I have made you Brothers of each other".

P.S. @farag are you a Coptic ? Just curious.

Most Pakistanis are just PAN EATERS , not Pan Islamic

In its highest popularity, Morsi only got a bit more than 50% of the votes against a member of the previous regime. He does not even have half of his supporters. 17 million people stormed into streets and brought him down. Army just made the job less bloody.

I read todayszaman.com and I was going to throw up. Lots of lies and conspiracy theories.

Good point is:
Turkey has not used harsh language against KSA yet :)

It's an internal affair of Egypt only. Other countries should refrain from commenting on an internal affair of Egypt.

Morsi lost his mandate to lead when he failed to stop sectarian killings, Church bombings, degradation of law & order, arms flow coming in from Libya, increasing lawlessness in Sinai region (in a country that relies heavily on tourism revenues), looting; not to mention failure to adopt economic policies that would improve Egypt's balance of payments and general macro-economic position.

miracles dont happen overnight - but having a superficial religious agenda with no common sense or wise policy-making doesnt bode well in the eyes of the public

and it shouldnt

i'm surprised our sleeping nation never over-threw zardari and his band of crooks 1 year after his failed, devastating government took power

and besides - democracy, as ideal as it sounds, doesnt even work in countries where 45-50% of the people are illiterate

Uhm.....for what?

@Juice, are you saying you would support US Army to bring down a democratically elected US President through a Coup d'état ?

If not , why the Double standards and Hypocrisy ?

@Juice, are you saying you would support US Army to bring down a democratically elected US President through a Coup d'état ?

If not , why the Double standards and Hypocrisy ?
What I am saying is what does Morsi get credit for? What did he do that was any good or smart at all? And if the US President liquidated the Supreme Court, appointing Oral Roberts and Jimmy Swaggart, Pat Robertson etc. to all important post, and said he was ripping up the Constitution and replacing it with the Bible and crimes were now going to be dealt with by priest (with punishments of stoning etc).....he would be gone before the Army had a chance....

Erdogoon is terrified of the same thing happening to him. And since Turkish press is a government mouthpiece, todayszaman article should be of no surprise.

egyptian brother plz be awake ... we turk lost decades from those war..us others does not want strong egypt or turkey etc.. all they want slave country... we did not born to be slave..!!!!!
do not ruin your own country..

Death toll from Cairo clashes rises to 51: Officials​

rahimi20130708160113607.jpg

An injured pro-Morsi protester is carried away from the deadly clashes in Cairo, Egypt. (File photo)​

Egypt's emergency services say the death toll from the army’s Monday attack on supporters of the ousted president, Mohamed Morsi, in the capital, Cairo, has risen to 51.

Egypt’s Health Ministry and emergency services said on Monday that more than 50 people had been killed during the clashes between the army and Morsi supporters outside the Republican Guard barracks in Cairo.

The death toll rose to 51 after several people succumbed to their injuries at hospitals across the restive city.

Medical sources said the death toll is expected to rise as some of the injured are reported to be in critical condition.

The development came after the army opened fire on supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo, prompting the Brotherhood to call for an uprising against the military.

The army says it confronted a group of armed men who were trying to enter the building. An army spokesman also noted that a soldier and a police officer have been shot dead in the attack.

The Brotherhood leaders and field doctors, however, reject the claim, saying that troops tried to break a sit-in by supporters of ousted president, Mohamed Morsi, while they were preparing for prayers.

Doctors describe the incident as a massacre and say children are among the dead.

Meanwhile, the interim administration has expressed deep regret for those killed in the incident and said it has formed a judicial committee to investigate the event.

Outside Egypt, Turkey, the European Union, Qatar and Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, have all condemned the incident.

Egypt has been the scene of rival rallies and clashes between thousands of supporters and opponents of the ousted president as political turmoil escalates in the North African country.

Morsi was unseated on July 3, and the Chief Justice of Egypt’s Supreme Constitutional Court, Adly Mansour, was sworn in as interim president of Egypt on July 4.

Morsi is reportedly being held “preventively” by the military. Senior army officials say he might face formal charges over accusations made by his opponents.

Several arrest warrants have been issued for the members of Muslim Brotherhood. Egyptian troops and security forces have recently expanded their roundup of top political figures from Muslim Brotherhood that had fielded Morsi for office.

SOURCE:

PressTV - Death toll from Cairo clashes rises to 51: Officials

Why are we now comparing it with Turkey... i remember... we also cursed Erdogan for every thing he do.

Back
Top Bottom