What's new

Eye Opener for Pakistan

nightcrawler

Reaction score
the topic though may appeal to some as being not self-explanatory; but the news is such that Pakistan must ponder over its air defensive capabilities with respect to India

Read this : DefenceDog: Libya-Electronic Warfare Defeated SAMs

EA-18G Growler was able to suppress the communication of government troops and completely paralyze the modern mobile anti-aircraft missile systems “Crotale”[Pakistan uses this] and "Wasp" , who survived the missile attacks "Tomahawk" . Merit EA-18G Growler confirm their intention to leave in the Libyan sky to prevent any possible missile attacks on coalition aircraft.

The Crotale is as good as having no SAM cover at all. It was said to be a pathetic system 3 decades ago (mil grapevine, don't quote me on it) and is even more uncompetitive now. The NG is said to be remarkably better, but we have the old version.

The crotale's arent used anymore at critical areas.. and while they have undergone a few upgrades.. they dont even factor in the air defense net..
The Skyguard(SPADA).. RBS 70.. and a few other unnamed systems do.

The crotale's arent used anymore at critical areas.. and while they have undergone a few upgrades.. they dont even factor in the air defense net..
The Skyguard(SPADA).. RBS 70.. and a few other unnamed systems do.

Santro , can you please confirm the operational status of MBDA SPADA -2000?

We are also using other MANPADS apart from RBS called Anza, which is locally built.

But have they been tested to be able to find their target with the Growler in the air?

Isn't it obselete I thought Pakistan bought SAMS from Italy ? I am not sure if Pakistan has purchased any Chinese based Sam

India should award MRCA contract to Boeing for Growlers ;)

^^...& we should get ourselves something like S-300 or perhaps Tochka, Tender systems to atleast have some land superiority!!

Back
Top Bottom