What's new

Exxon, Shell, BP Said to Have Been Hacked Through Chinese Internet Servers

So no evidence then?

Sorry, I don't buy conspiracy theories. :wave:

(You are of course welcome, to speculate without evidence though, sort of like 9/11 conspiracy theorists).
In their report, McAfee never claimed to know the exact identity of the hacker. But they did present, to the victims, evidences of electronic trails that led straight to China. Like it or not, there are more credible evidences pointing to China about this than there are 'evidences' that implicate the US government and/or the Jews in 9/11.

I wouldn't have a clue, but am saying that if IT guys in my firm can track down the hackers, surely these companies have people capable enough of doing the same. Am pretty sure, all the countries/companies indulge in industrial espionage, but industrial sabotage is much worse. When our system was hacked, some of the files were altered, and those changes could have killed people. So a line needs to be drawn. And either case should not be encouraged.

True, some of these changes can sometimes be dangerous, depending on the situation. If anyone ends up injured/killed, then the hacker who caused it, is certainly responsible for that injury/death. The severity depends on the context.

Hacking is intrinsically a criminal action, and I do not condone any criminal actions. Especially those which could foreseeably cause damage to other people.

chinese hackers are very talented. for example, every mmo i play, 90% of the hackers are from china. (ya i know they're chinese cause i spoke to them in chinese and they have QQ accounts and everything) seems like they just want to make some pocket change. I work in IT security and security protocols here in the U.S. is piss poor. hacking can be very profitable if you're good at it. plus, there's almost no risk for chinese hackers if they hack non-chinese government related stuff.

to me, the scariest thing about china is their hackers. i have no doubt that in the event of war between china and United states, chinese hackers can wreck the U.S. economy overnight.

SO government and cooperations need to give their network security departments more money!!! :devil:

You know, if your business is failing, or something goes wrong, or you got oil rigs blowing up, the chinese must be secretly behind all this with their hacking skills.:disagree:

Back
Top Bottom