What's new

Exxon, Shell, BP Said to Have Been Hacked Through Chinese Internet Servers

Wow, don't you think being raped is a LOT worse than being hacked?

Yes it is, but am not the one who was justifying that people shouldn't complain about getting hacked if their firewall isn't good enough.

You can't blame the victim. Its like saying I pounded your country with bombs cause your air defence was shyte, and then go on to have a giggle about it.

Yes it is, but am not the one who was justifying that people shouldn't complain about getting hacked if their firewall isn't good enough.

Industrial sabotage happens in every company. If you want to keep your secrets then you should make an investment.

Neither am I. :no:

Though I think companies etc. should be spending a lot more money on protecting their systems, especially governments.

Next time the hacker could be a terrorist or something more sinister than basic-level corporate espionage.

At least get to the level where you can actually catch someone.

Industrial sabotage happens in every company. If you want to keep your secrets then you should make an investment.

I have no issues with industrial sabotage. But its certainly not something to feel cocky about, and the analogy you used was just wrong.

You can't blame the victim.
What is that story about the frog who gave the scorpion a ride across the river and the scorpion stung the frog despite his promise not to? This is blaming the victim for not understanding the nature of the criminal. The criminal and his nature is known here.

You can't blame the victim. Its like saying I pounded your country with bombs cause your air defence was shyte, and then go on to have a giggle about it.

First you compared it to rape, now you're comparing it to bombing a country?

Let's get a little perspective here. Secondly, there is no proof of who was the perpetrator.

I suppose "innocent until proven guilty".... only counts if you're not Chinese? :azn:

Neither am I. :no:

Though I think companies etc. should be spending a lot more money on protecting their systems, especially governments.

Next time the hacker could be a terrorist or something more sinister than basic-level corporate espionage.

At least get to the level where you can actually catch someone.

I know you didn't but Lixiang Tan did, and I said that to him in response.

Hacking is crime, just like rape and murder and burglary. So the preventive measures will only come once the crime has been committed. As far as catching someone is concerned, thats a bit far fetched cause most of the time the perps are sitting in other countries, and extraditing someone is just a pita.

As far as catching someone is concerned, thats a bit far fetched cause most of the time the perps are sitting in other countries, and extraditing someone is just a pita.

Extradition is not necessary.

If you can find the culprit, then you can put pressure on that government.

Back
Top Bottom