What's new

Exxon, Shell, BP Said to Have Been Hacked Through Chinese Internet Servers

First you compared it to rape, now you're comparing it to bombing a country?

Let's get a little perspective here. Secondly, there is no proof of who was the perpetrator.

I suppose "innocent until proven guilty".... only counts if you're not Chinese? :azn:

I have not even once blamed the Chinese, i was just commenting on hacking in general. In fact I gave an example when our office computers were hacked by Russian hackers who were using proxy servers out of China.

Hacking is not justifiable, just like every other crime. This is Lixiang said, you think thats right?

Build better firewalls retards.

Complaining you get hacked is like complaining your girlfriend is too easy. Both get little sympathy.

I have not even once blamed the Chinese, i was just commenting on hacking in general. In fact I gave an example when our office computers were hacked by Russian hackers who were using proxy servers out of China.

Hacking is not justifiable, just like every other crime. This is Lixiang said, you think thats right?

Fair enough, you were just making a general point. My apologies.

Well when a culprit can actually be identified, come back and we'll see what happens. :D
When you have to fall back on that lame argument of 'exerting' pressure on a government, we all know who is/was the culprit and we all know what will happen to said 'pressure'.

Extradition is not necessary.

If you can find the culprit, then you can put pressure on that government.

Well so far Chinese government has vehemently opposed such claims, so don't see how you could put pressure. China is only going to get bigger and then no pressure tactics will work.

When you have to fall back on that lame argument of 'exerting' pressure on a government, we all know who is/was the culprit and we all know what will happen to said 'pressure'.

LOL you overestimate my political influence, if you think these comments on an anonymous internet forum, can somehow "prove" anything. :D

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, so next time come back with some actual evidence of who was responsible, and name that party which you consider to be responsible. If you can.

Well so far Chinese government has vehemently opposed such claims, so don't see how you could put pressure. China is only going to get bigger and then no pressure tactics will work.

Well then, who do you think is responsible for the hacking? Which companies, which government, or which individuals?

And is there any proof of this whatsoever?

LOL you overestimate my political influence, if you think these comments on an anonymous internet forum, can somehow "prove" anything. :D

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, so next time come back with some actual evidence of who was responsible, and name that party which you consider to be responsible. If you can.
This is about you? :lol: The ego of the Chinese boys here are always entertaining. What I meant is that despite no hard evidences that the culprit is/are Chinese, santioned or unofficial, if you have to fall back on the lame argument of pressuring the Chinese government means everyone here has a tacit agreement that most likely the culprit is/are Chinese. Everything leave a forensic trail and the issue is not the firewall but those electronic trails that security companies researches upon.

Well then, who do you think is responsible for the hacking? Which companies, which government, or which individuals?

It is quite vague. When they get hacked they automatically claim its the Chinese without any semblance of a real investigation.

This is about you? :lol: The ego of the Chinese boys here are always entertaining. What I meant is that despite no hard evidences that the culprit is/are Chinese, santioned or unofficial, if you have to fall back on the lame argument of pressuring the Chinese government means everyone here has a tacit agreement that most likely the culprit is/are Chinese. Everything leave a forensic trail and the issue is not the firewall but those electronic trails that security companies researches upon.

So no evidence then?

Sorry, I don't buy conspiracy theories. :wave:

(You are of course welcome, to speculate without evidence though, sort of like 9/11 conspiracy theorists).

I wouldn't have a clue, but am saying that if IT guys in my firm can track down the hackers, surely these companies have people capable enough of doing the same. Am pretty sure, all the countries/companies indulge in industrial espionage, but industrial sabotage is much worse. When our system was hacked, some of the files were altered, and those changes could have killed people. So a line needs to be drawn. And either case should not be encouraged.

It is quite vague. When they get hacked they automatically claim its the Chinese without any semblance of a real investigation.

And how do you know that?

I know because they can not site a specific place where the hack is from(801 wuku street) or person who does the hacking( bob wu)

Back
Top Bottom