What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Hi,

Let him believe what he wants to---he may never know that we might already have some.

one gets blocked, the other comes in to replace him,
the loop goes on and on,
if only they read some articles before commenting.
would be a great favor for all of us.

good points, but what about the gripen, second hand gripens are more expensive than the JF-17, but currently much more capable

a good option for a nation like the philipines
Gripen might be very good, and is, but they run on US engines! Also they are not all NG, and the ones that will be available will be in good condition, but with a very restricted source for spare parts, since only Sweden can provide them.
They were not made in big numbers, so the option of buying a few of them won't affect the sales of the potent enough JF-17.

Gripen might be very good, and is, but they run on US engines! Also they are not all NG, and the ones that will be available will be in good condition, but with a very restricted source for spare parts, since only Sweden can provide them.
They were not made in big numbers, so the option of buying a few of them won't affect the sales of the potent enough JF-17.
Saab has years ago investigated the technical and operational feasibility for re-engineering JAS 39 Gripen with the EJ200 engine. Both Saab and EUROJET Turbo GmbH concluded that a re-engineering only shall be considered if there is a customer demand available. From a technical point of view, the EJ200 engine would fit into the engine bay of JAS39 Gripen with minor changes applied to the interface connections. The commercial feasibility of re-engineering JAS39 Gripen would be supported, if required, by individual business case calculations. The Thrust vectoring nozzle is offered as an optional item for any of the EJ200 engine standards.

Re-engine F-18Cs & Ds Hornets and Jas-39 Gripens
Eurojet aims EJ200 variant at thrust vectored Gripen - 5/27/1998 - Flight Global

good points on price and suppliers
but the low cost of maintenance is a big factor in Gripen's favor(which is one area the jf-17 needs to make easier and keep down as the quality and composite content increases)
also the Philippines and other major US allies don't have to worry about spare engines from the US

even the Gripen C/D are excellent fighters (and sweden has a very efficient upgrade program)
Saab’s Annual Gripen Seminar 2015

The JF-17 will also have a restricted source of spares (China and Pakistan)
If the JF-17 is almost near Gripen levels, with a much lower cost, it will have a good chance of getting much of the market that is not anti-china or anti-pakistan

but the low cost of maintenance is a big factor in Gripen's favor(which is one area the jf-17 needs to make easier and keep down as the quality and composite content increases)
also the Philippines and other major US allies don't have to worry about spare engines from the US

even the Gripen C/D are excellent fighters (and sweden has a very efficient upgrade program)

If the JF-17 is almost near Gripen levels, with a much lower cost, it will have a good chance of getting much of the market that is not anti-china or anti-pakistan

Hi,

What values the JF 17 more than any other aircraft in its class is its weapons package---even at this stage---air---ground---and naval strike munitions. So---in its current configuration of blk 2---it is superior to the Grippen overall.

Two items will maximize this aircraft---an aesa and the capability to fire off bore sight missiles---. Aesa will make it compete with any 4 4.5 gen aircraft.

Yes , but you are talking about used Gripen, how many do they have? Can they fulfill the needs of 15 air forces?
Maybe the Philippines can buy some Gripen, how many and for how much, is the question.
In the potential sales of the JF-17 we've never heard about the Philippines anyways.

Hi,

What values the JF 17 more than any other aircraft in its class is its weapons package---even at this stage---air---ground---and naval strike munitions. So---in its current configuration of blk 2---it is superior to the Grippen overall.

Two items will maximize this aircraft---an aesa and the capability to fire off bore sight missiles---. Aesa will make it compete with any 4 4.5 gen aircraft.
An ETOS too plz.

En otro orden de cosas según varios medios en las próximas semanas estaría llegando al país una comisión chino-paquistani por el tema del Chengdu FC-1 (en la foto) estando previsto que visiten FAdeA y el Área de Material Río Cuarto.

A Sino-Pakistan delegate will visite FAdeA and Area Material Rio Cuarto for FC-1 issue in next several weeks

Miércoles y Jueves chicos caminaron unos cuantos chinos y un caballero paquistaní por el FADEA ..... que fueron "satisfecho" pero incluso planteó la posibilidad real de hacer algo de fábrica de piezas de FJ 17.

pero de acuerdo con esta gente no tendría ninguna posibilidad de proporcionar aviones hasta el 2017, creo recordr una entrevista con el reconocido alguin dicho Pakistán tenía capacidad Kamra para producir 25 aviones por año y la Fuerza Aérea de Pakistán los 16 se le preguntó, eso no significa que puede producir 9 aviones extra por año? Argentina necesita los aviones y el espejismo se dan de baja en diciembre, no puede encontrar la nota que he mencionado, yo también leí mucho que Pakistán podría renunciar ranuras fabrican FC-1 si aparece una exportación de la misma marca, no me acuerdo donde leí la nota y google no ayuda, ya sabes que la información?

Wednesday and Thursday guys walked a few Chinese and a Pakistani gentleman by the FADEA ..... they were "satisfied" but even raised the real possibility of making some parts factory FJ 17.

but according to these people would have no chance of providing aircraft through 2017, I think recordr an interview with renowned alguin he said Pakistan had capacity Kamra to produce 25 aircraft per year and the Pakistan Air Force 16 was asked, why not It means you can produce nine additional aircraft per year? Argentina needs the planes and illusion are written off in December, can not find the note I mentioned, I also read a lot that Pakistan would give up slots manufactured FC-1 if exports of the same brand appears, I can not remember where I read the note and google does not help, you know that information?

Miércoles y Jueves chicos caminaron unos cuantos chinos y un caballero paquistaní por el FADEA ..... que fueron "satisfecho" pero incluso planteó la posibilidad real de hacer algo de fábrica de piezas de FJ 17.

pero de acuerdo con esta gente no tendría ninguna posibilidad de proporcionar aviones hasta el 2017, creo recordr una entrevista con el reconocido alguin dicho Pakistán tenía capacidad Kamra para producir 25 aviones por año y la Fuerza Aérea de Pakistán los 16 se le preguntó, eso no significa que puede producir 9 aviones extra por año? Argentina necesita los aviones y el espejismo se dan de baja en diciembre, no puede encontrar la nota que he mencionado, yo también leí mucho que Pakistán podría renunciar ranuras fabrican FC-1 si aparece una exportación de la misma marca, no me acuerdo donde leí la nota y google no ayuda, ya sabes que la información?

Wednesday and Thursday guys walked a few Chinese and a Pakistani gentleman by the FADEA ..... they were "satisfied" but even raised the real possibility of making some parts factory FJ 17.

but according to these people would have no chance of providing aircraft through 2017, I think recordr an interview with renowned alguin he said Pakistan had capacity Kamra to produce 25 aircraft per year and the Pakistan Air Force 16 was asked, why not It means you can produce nine additional aircraft per year? Argentina needs the planes and illusion are written off in December, can not find the note I mentioned, I also read a lot that Pakistan would give up slots manufactured FC-1 if exports of the same brand appears, I can not remember where I read the note and google does not help, you know that information?

It has been stated several times that with any new export order for the JF-17 a new assembly line can be created for assembly via kits from China/Pakistan so delivery will not be dependent on Pakistan's own order requirements. So not only are you buying an aircraft you are also buying assembly and maintenance infrastructure.

Hi,

Once the contract is finalized-----there is no doubt that if not a squadron then at least half a squadron strength is made available on a fast trak delivery.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom