What's new

Expert: J-10 more suitable for Argentina

the Falklands aren't holding the Argentinas back from greatness and prosperity
it's this national pride has nothing to do with it. it's common sense and Argentina,Venezuela, and Brazil have been lacking that.

I am not talking about national pride or if I have used the word so, English is not my first language so I believe I am unable to convey my message but I try again.

I said you take this all mumbo-jumbo deal and mix it with current economic and defence crises which Argentina facing and take this deal and bragging about Falklands as an adrenaline injection for the nation which may help them driving out of their crisis. I am not saying that they can take over Falklands but in future things may change if they try.
I hope I made my point now.

Hmmm... this tells me Argentina is inclining towards JF-17 and China does not like it. They want to sell J-10 instead.

As far J-10 being at par with Eurofighter...ummm.. not so true.

So, what Argentina is buying?

They haven't spoken yet. There are some contenders. JF-17, SU-27/30, MiG-29, and J-10. Could be Mirage -2000 in used too. Let's see.
Then surely it will be FAF 150 Mirage 2000s.

They haven't spoken yet. There are some contenders. JF-17, SU-27/30, MiG-29, and J-10. Could be Mirage -2000 in used too. Let's see.
about JF-17, I heard that its only customer will be PAF and may be PLAAF.

Then surely it will be FAF 150 Mirage 2000s.

about JF-17, I heard that its only customer will be PAF and may be PLAAF.

There are quite a few countries interested in JF-17. It isn't a bad aircraft for a country on budget. Exports are expected after PAF starts raising units of Block2 JF-17. Nothing is definite though.

Argentina is being blocked by UK in defense acquisitions. They are also not doing well economically. UK might persuade France to block any such sale. Chinese and Russian remain the only viable options then. JF-17 remain best bang for bucks in its category. It has virtually no competitor in this category at this price point. So lets see.

Best option for Argentina to replace the outdated fleet is jf17 along with 108 saab gripen 39 E/F. But as a superiority fighter should go for j31 making an excellent combo.
J10b would be an our kill for base fighter and not even a superiority fighter rather with 108 gripen j10b is corolla with civic. Jf17...then.. Gripen... And J31. To counter typhoon and cyclones(haha) J31 is best option.

lol argie have a lot of other problem to worry about before the UK and the Falkland, Brazil and the krincher woman...

and argentina cant pay for anything with a 4 billions budget, and they need to update their inventory...so, u do the math

lol argie have a lot of other problem to worry about before the UK and the Falkland, Brazil and the krincher woman...

and argentina cant pay for anything with a 4 billions budget, and they need to update their inventory...so, u do the math

So JF-17/FC-1 is the best option for them? Affordable and provides decent upgrade in capability.

So JF-17/FC-1 is the best option for them? Affordable and provides decent upgrade in capability.

Either that or they need to go back to people selling old russian aircraft, dont forget, argentina is being sanctioned by US and the UK so gripen and FA50, the only other possible candidate, would not be on the table...

@OP if that's the case than Argentina should hire Pakistanis, along with JF-17.
That should take care of Typhoon in dog fight... if that's what's intended!
Otherwise, both JF-17 and J-10 use same AAM, but JF-17 have advantage of having low RCS.

Last edited:
Either that or they need to go back to people selling old russian aircraft, dont forget, argentina is being sanctioned by US and the UK so gripen and FA50, the only other possible candidate, would not be on the table...

Total life cycle cost and maintenance of those old Russian jets (second hand mig-29 or su-27) are not very favourable. JFT seems custom built for their needs.

Can Argentinians afford 50m per plane J-10B not including life time support maintenance spares costs which would cost 75m...people here think that even JF-17 only costs 25m not...with all spares, upgrades, maintenance and other costs associated it would cost Thunder 38-48m over life time support.

Can Argentinians afford 50m per plane J-10B not including life time support maintenance spares costs which would cost 75m...people here think that even JF-17 only costs 25m not...with all spares, upgrades, maintenance and other costs associated it would cost Thunder 38-48m over life time support.

Come on mate. You can add around 8 to 12M for over life time support. 38-48m is not realistic. if they add 2M more then they can buy another new plane.

it's an okay jet. if it's about 80% as good as a new F-16 then it's well worth it's price.

Well, it has not really been put into a conflict. If China provides these and Argentina somehow even manages a stalemate in a future aerial conflict with UK, that will be a big boost for J-10. After all, even F-16s aren't yet proven against Russia or China in a direct war.

That's an "if" and a "maybe".They've signed for 36 Gripens.

The 36 is initial clause. The rest are to be made in Brazil.

It has been mentioned several times in many international defense news websites like even the US-based Ganett Government.

Typhoon is one of the most capable jet in world. i think only F-22 is more superiour then it. in air supurity role JF-17 has no chance against typhoon. BUT in war time any unexpected think can happed who khows ?

Now jf-17 is a value for money platfrom. if tha argentina want back there malvinas ilend then it,s good to go for joint productio with full weapons access.

JF-17 Thunder's Armament

Back
Top Bottom