What's new

Expensive project?

Zeeshan S.

Reaction score
I have been wondering what is the most expensive project in the U.S Military.

I am sure aircraft carriers takes a lot of research & development cost, same goes with some high class technology such as stealthy planes (F-22 Raptor, F-35 JSF).

What is currently the most expensive and effective war equipment that is in research and development.

Any ideas officers?

Stealth is probabley one of the most expensive projects in the US military. This includes porjects like the raptor, have blue, f-117, B-2, commanche etc

You can !!
America is outsourcing its 'WAR-ON-TERROR' !! So why can't you get some soldiers to serve the country !! QUALITY AND IN FIELD RELIABILITY MIGHT BE AN ISSUE !!! ;)

And Sir how can it be developed :what1: or overhaul
Can we export him:)
We don't knuckle drag any more, we march. We don't wear fur, but synthetic armour. We don't club each other for their meat or women, we shoot them because we just feel like it.

Those ain't soldiers. When we were accused of rape in Yugoslavia, we actually said the wrong thing. "We wished." Not because we wanted sex but because it actually implies that we had time to lie down on a bed. In which case, we would be sleeping rather than having sex.

In one incident during WWII, when a Soviet head column head into a German village, all the women were scared crapless. But the soldiers just asked for water and food. They asked. They didn't demand.

When asked about the rumours about Russian attrocities, the Russian commander replied, "We're combat veterans. We know what we want and what we want is some food, a safe place to sleep so we can get ready. The men behind us, however, they're pigs."

Imho the multi billion $ Valkyrie and YA-12 were among the most expensive of killed projects, wonder what the project cost would be in todays $ equivalent.

I think its the experimental nuclear fusion reactor project.

Seven international parties got involved on spending 10bn-euro. It all started from Manhattan project way back during the WWII, where the nuclear fusion remain unsolved.

If you're after military jet projects, yes F/A-22 Raptor and JSF are indeed the most expensive project for the time on.

As mentioned by neo Valkyrie and YA-12 as well as SR-71 Blackbird, those easily could have been the expensive projects of the past 50 yrz or so
dc42a86ca9beb395a341ed1976f85771.jpg

http://selair.selkirk.bc.ca/aerodynamics1/Appendix/Aircraft/Graphics/sr71-2.jpg

*** shaking my head ***

In the final analysis, the final sign of victory is a boot on the ground planting the flag saying you're done. Which means ALL these wonderful toys in the end is going to get that guy to plant his boot on the ground.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom