What's new

Exhibition: Indian cultural vestiges in Vietnam

Then, Baiyue ≠ Viet :coffee:

Yes, Viet is named as "Kinh" in etnicithy calling in Vietnamese, and generally in chinese is Yue (越) it should be lead to a mistake.
In ancient time kingdoms of Woyue in Jiejiang, Minyue in Fujian and Nanyue in Guangdong are both considered Baiyue states.

VN’s Buddha statues set new Asian records

06/03/2013 | 11:20:00

Buddha statue on Nui Cam, An Giang province (Source: Kienthuc.net.vn)

Two Buddha statues in Vietnam have been named the biggest and the longest Buddha statues on mountains by the Asian Record Organisation (ARO), said the Vietnam Book of Records (Vietkings).

According to the Vietking's representatives, who are attending the Asian Record Day in New Delhi , the ARO has recognised the statue on Nui Cam Mountain in the southern provinces of An Giang as Asia 's biggest Buddha statue on a mountain.

The statue on Ta Cu Mountain in southern coastal Binh Thuan province is Asia's longest Buddha statue on a mountain.

The ARO will come to Vietnam to award the Asian records to localities at the end of April.-VNA

Yes and No, Nam Viet or Nan Yue was the country (222bc-111bc) which comprised parts of North Vietnam and South China.

728px-Nam-Viet_200bc.jpg

Nan Yue was founded by a North Chinese, and you call it Baiyue?

Don't make me laugh. :coffee:

western nations may be are rich in all wealth and technology in the world but asia is rich in culture and heritage

alliance between both the nations leads to greater good..

Nan Yue was founded by a North Chinese, and you call it Baiyue?
Don't make me laugh. :coffee:
Well, Chao Tó was Chinese General who founded Nam Viet or Nan Yue. The country existed from 207bc to 111bc. You know, the most important fact is Nam Viet was an independent country, Yes independent from Han´s China. Chao Tó became later King of Nam Viet and defended it against Han´s. With the successful Han´s invasion of 111bc Nam Viet eased to exist, and was incoporated into Han´s empire.

Baiyue is 100 Yue tribes. And we belonged to Yue´s. That´s it: Yue=Viet.

Wiki
"The Baiyue (Chinese: 百越; pinyin: Bǎiyuè), Hundred Yue or Yue (越) is a loose term denoting various partly Sinicized or un-Sinicized peoples who inhabited southern China and northern Vietnam between the first millennium BC and the first millennium AD."

:whistle:

Why should I waste time to do that? I am not a Buddhism, I think knowing the Buddhism originates from Naple is enough for me.:undecided:

I want to know the rate, not a case.

let me help you buddy

Most historians agree that Buddhism originated in northern India in the 5th century B.C.E. The tradition traces its origin to Siddhartha Gautama (or Gotama), who is typically referred to as the Buddha (literally the "Awakened" or "Enlightened One"). Siddhartha observed the suffering in the world and set out to find an antidote.

Buddhism Origins, Buddhism History, Buddhism Beliefs

Well, Chao Tó was Chinese General who founded Nam Viet or Nan Yue. The country existed from 207bc to 111bc. You know, the most important fact is Nam Viet was an independent country, Yes independent from Han´s China. Chao Tó became later King of Nam Viet and defended it against Han´s. With the successful Han´s invasion of 111bc Nam Viet eased to exist, and was incoporated into Han´s empire.

Baiyue is 100 Yue tribes. And we belonged to Yue´s. That´s it: Yue=Viet.

Wiki
"The Baiyue (Chinese: 百越; pinyin: Bǎiyuè), Hundred Yue or Yue (越) is a loose term denoting various partly Sinicized or un-Sinicized peoples who inhabited southern China and northern Vietnam between the first millennium BC and the first millennium AD."

:whistle:

No need to discuss with him, I think there were 100 Yue ỏr 99 Yue (sinezed) is not important + 3 Viets ( Lac Viet, Au Viet and Viet Thuong, were unsinezed, it is significant). Viet (Kinh) peoples are no related to Baiyue. :enjoy:

Sách Đại Việt Sử ký toàn thư, bản Nội các quan bản năm 1697, được dịch in của Nhà xuất bản Khoa học xã hội, trang 131, xuất bản năm 1998, sử cũ chép:

"Xet: Thời hoàng Đế dưng muôn nước, lấy địa giới Giao Chỉ về phía Tây nam, xa ngoài đất bách Việt".

Các cụ ta ngày xưa đã cho rằng Tổ tiên ta người Việt (Kinh) không liên quan đến Bǎiyuè.

western nations may be are rich in all wealth and technology in the world but asia is rich in culture and heritage

alliance between both the nations leads to greater good..

Are you saying that western nations are less rich in culture and heritages? That is a arrogant remark for someone who has no idea what is western culture except the contemporary western culture.

Are you saying that western nations are less rich in culture and heritages? That is a arrogant remark for someone who has no idea what is western culture except the contemporary western culture.

i was well aware of their culture. i dnt mean to insult or degragrade any culture u got me wrong there. the history the diversities the art , architecture and the way of living in asian continent goes back to tens of thousands of years..yes u have grt art and architecture but not many go back beyond a thousand years of history

i was well aware of their culture. i dnt mean to insult or degragrade any culture u got me wrong there. the history the diversities the art , architecture and the way of living in asian continent goes back to tens of thousands of years..yes u have grt art and architecture but not many go back beyond a thousand years of history

The cradle of the western civilization is Greek and Romans, and they were related to the middle eastern or Egyptian civilization. So they do go way back. Its important to understand history before making statements about them.

The cradle of the western civilization is Greek and Romans, and they were related to the middle eastern or Egyptian civilization. So they do go way back. Its important to understand history before making statements about them.

thats what exactly i mean most of the european countries adapted the culture of fewer ones as a result native cultures stopped their growth at the end of the day most of the americans are english and most of the south americans are latin americans contrast to asia where each and every palce have their own cultures even in a single country like india or china u find thousand other cultures.each asian country has a different culture..and i mean language,customs,traditions,derssing habits,history , architecture,food habits and several other factors.now compare these things with west..how many languages are spoken in u.s or america or france or any other western nation..compare other things aswell.before trying to find faults with my comment please try to understand the essence in it..this is what i mean that asians are rich is culture

thats what exactly i mean most of the european countries adapted the culture of fewer ones as a result native cultures stopped their growth at the end of the day most of the americans are english and most of the south americans are latin americans contrast to asia where each and every palce have their own cultures even in a single country like india or china u find thousand other cultures.each asian country has a different culture..and i mean language,customs,traditions,derssing habits,history , architecture,food habits and several other factors.now compare these things with west..how many languages are spoken in u.s or america or france or any other western nation..compare other things aswell.before trying to find faults with my comment please try to understand the essence in it..this is what i mean that asians are rich is culture

America is a colonized country, so its culture is reflective upon colonizers. In France, there are multiple languages, food and culture. Each local area has its own uniqueness of some sort. Same with Germany and Britain as these are old world countries. As I said, before you use another example, read up on the country. Western European countries are as rich in culture, if not more so, than India or China.

Back
Top Bottom