What's new

Exclusive: The Bangladesh Army has approved the purchase of attack helicopters besides numerous other types of helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.

SpaceMan18

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

https://defseca.com/procurements/bangladesh-army-approves-purchase-of-attack-helicopters/…

#BangladeshArmy #AttackHelicopter #AvGeek
@TUSAS_EN

@RusHeliCo

@TyrannosurusRex

1629416840835.png

Well this is good news if true.

Philippine Air Force bought the Agusta/TAI T129 Atak and total contract price for the six helicopters was $269.3 million. So, each was priced north of $44 million each. Which is a bargain IMHO.

Two will be delivered to the Philippine Air Force next month, in Sept. 2021. I am curious as to the armament and sensor fit details. Maybe one of the Turkish brothers have those info, Thanks in advance.

Maybe one of the Turkish brothers have those info, Thanks in advance.
TAI is producing T129 BlockII model now, all former blocks is being upgrading to BII standards, so we can say Philippine gets the latest block
-Armament, UMTAS IIR/LASER, Cirit, 20mm cannon, unguided 2,75 rockets, stingers or turkish equivalent
- Helemt mounted display, Aselflir 300 EO,
- chaff flare, radio/radar jammer, Missile warning, radar warning , laser warning systems,
-able to control ANKA
-very good hot and high altitude performance
-proven platform

Bangladesh should start spending upwards of 4% of GDP on defence to defend itself from India. PDF Bangladeshis should launch a campaign.

Army chief calls on president of Turkey defence industries
Tribune Desk
  • Published at 03:49 pm August 20th, 2021
Chief of Army Staff of Bangladesh Army General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed

Chief of Army Staff of Bangladesh Army General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed speaking with Turkey’s Defense Industries President Ismail Demir on Thursday, August 19, 2021 Courtesy
He also met Turkey’s Deputy Minister of National Defence Muhsin Dere during his visit
Chief of Army Staff of Bangladesh Army General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed has met Turkey’s Defence Industries President Ismail Demir, and Deputy Minister of National Defence Muhsin Dere.
During the meetings in Turkey on Thursday, the Army chief said that there have been long-standing strategic friendships, and cultural ties between the armed forces of Turkey and Bangladesh.
He also hoped that these relations would reach new heights in the future, said an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) media statement on Friday.
Shafiuddin said that his official visit to Turkey on the occasion of the International Defence Fair 2021 would open new opportunities of cooperation between the military forces of the two countries especially the Armed Forces.
Also Read- Army chief off to Turkey on 8-day visit
He thanked both the president of the Turkish defence industries, and the deputy minister of National Defence for inviting him.
Turkey's Deputy Minister Muhsin Dere expressed his country's commitment to further cooperation, and assistance to Bangladesh in the field of military equipment as well as training of military personnel and technology exchange.
Ismail Demir, president of defence industries, assured that he would look into the ongoing issues with Bangladesh on behalf of his organization, and provide necessary assistance so that future defence cooperation between the two countries would be more friendly and beneficial.
The Army chief left Dhaka for Turkey on an eight-day official visit on Wednesday. He is set to return home on August 26.

I wondered whether it is still customary for our military leaders to wear regalia like ropes and pendants when visiting foreign dignitaries?

Most of the Western Military heads have stopped wearing them looks like.

Also - protocol is that you'd take off your cap once indoors. Mark of respect to your guest. Sorry about being a bit anal.

Last edited:
I wondered whether it is still customary for our military leaders to wear regalia like ropes and pendants when visiting foreign dignitaries?

Most of the Western Military heads have stopped wearing them looks like.

Cause one cares about quality over looks , the other just wants to look superior
Bangladesh should start spending upwards of 4% of GDP on defence to defend itself from India. PDF Bangladeshis should launch a campaign.

India flag ? Tf is this

India flag ? Tf is this

Another Trollbaiter. Just ignore....
TAI is producing T129 BlockII model now, all former blocks is being upgrading to BII standards, so we can say Philippine gets the latest block
-Armament, UMTAS IIR/LASER, Cirit, 20mm cannon, unguided 2,75 rockets, stingers or turkish equivalent
- Helemt mounted display, Aselflir 300 EO,
- chaff flare, radio/radar jammer, Missile warning, radar warning , laser warning systems,
-able to control ANKA
-very good hot and high altitude performance
-proven platform

Many Thanks brother. Teşekkür Ederim.:-)

I really think that BD would go with Turkey for both its attack helicopter requirement and its next generation frigate programme.

BA can wait till an indigenous Turkish engine is ready for the T-129 and the next-gen frigate programme is already much delayed and so the Turks will now be able to offer a very competitive design in terms of price/performance.

If both Pakistan and BD become massive importers of Turkish weapons then the Turkish defence industry will get the economies of scale to be able to compete with European suppliers like France and the UK over the next 10-20 years.

I really think that BD would go with Turkey for both its attack helicopter requirement and its next generation frigate programme.

BA can wait till an indigenous Turkish engine is ready for the T-129 and the next-gen frigate programme is already much delayed and so the Turks will now be able to offer a very competitive design in terms of price/performance.

If both Pakistan and BD become massive importers of Turkish weapons then the Turkish defence industry will get the economies of scale to be able to compete with European suppliers like France and the UK over the next 10-20 years.

Well I don't know about just Pakistan and Bangladesh being customers will support their defence industry, but Indonesia, Philippines and several other Asian and South American countries are already prospective customers, especially for Helis and Frigates. Bangladesh is indeed a very prospective Naval customer - which Pakistan already is (Jinnah class and Milgem corvettes among others).

@Zarvan bhai, are those two types of ships the only ones in the pipeline for PN?

Well I don't know about just Pakistan and Bangladesh being customers will support their defence industry, but Indonesia, Philippines and several other Asian and South American countries are already prospective customers, especially for Helis and Frigates. Bangladesh is indeed a very prospective Naval customer - which Pakistan already is (Jinnah class and Milgem corvettes among others).

@Zarvan bhai, are those two types of ships the only ones in the pipeline for PN?

IMO 2020-2024 will be our last period to buy frigates from foreign OEM. We already signed a contract to build 2 Iver in the country (since the OEM doesnt have the shipyard). I also see we are not going to buy FREEM frigates due to financial constrain and probably resentment from President office about this Prabowo plan. I predict the LOI contract is not yet approved by Jokowi as our Mindef and Mindef office strangely stay silent on the procurement, unlike when they order T 50 Golden Eagle recently ( no alternative from domestic industry ).

There is already a plan to design our own frigate from PT PAL Indonesia. Our new PT PAL Indonesia Director is Phd in shipbuilding taken from Japanese university and he also get Bachelor in electronic for same Japanese university. Got huge experience in Japanese shipbuider and just recently come back to Indonesia as he is called by the state to be PT PAL CEO. He has many ambition, including a plan to design a frigate and also unmanned submarine.

About Helicopter, actually Indonesia produce Helicopter under license since 1974 (NB0 from Germany) and all Turkish heli is basically also a license from Europe (T129) and USA.

I hope our gov dont buy more attack Helicopter (Apache) since I believe UCAV is better doing the role. While for protection during troops deployment or medic operation we just use gunship on BELL 412 EP where Indonesia Aerospace has strategic cooperation with Bell and Caracal with cooperation with Airbus Defense.

1629507263621.png

What Indonesia may buy for Turkish IMO is more on weapon system and probably electronics device like EW. We have already been interested with ATMACA missile and the missile for our UCAV program. I believe it is more comfortable for Indonesia to buy weapon from Turkey than to Western nations.

Back
Top Bottom