What's new

Exclusive Pictures of Karachi's Metro Bus Service

It is actually the continuous incompetent provincial Governments of Sind. Just put a side Karachi, It is much much better than any other Pakistani City what about the rest of Cities in interior Sind.

Hyderabad, sukur, Dadu Thatta, larkana, ete etc. I have visited all most all provinces of Pakistan, and let me tell you the cities of interior sinfd are teh worst in whole Pakistan.

The Cities of interior sind can not be considered a city state keeping in view the total absense of basic infrastructure.

Just compare the facilities of Hyderabad with cities of Punjab and KPK, i mean Silakot Faisalabad, multan Abbotabad, Gujranwalla, rawalpindi, Manshera, Swat. They are much much better in terms of basic infrstarutre facilities as compared to any city of interior Sind..

Metro Buses project of Lahore, Rawalpindi and all major infrastructure porject in Punjab are done by porvincial government. fedral Gov. hasn't provided any share. Where as in Sind we have idiot like Qaim Ali shah who is running this province second time, (Arbab Ghulam Raheem was also one such idiot).

I am also a Karachite, but who can i blame Punjab Gov. for the incompetence of my successive provincial Gov.

May be @Areesh wont care about what happens in India,but Pakistani Authorities do..

Dr E Sreedharan -India's metro man was invited to Pakistan in 2007,for consultancy..

‘Lahore perfect for light rail transit’

LAHORE, March 7: Delhi Metro Rail Service Managing Director Dr E Sreedharan has declared the first phase of the light rail transit system in Lahore a viable project, suggesting some measures to improve it.

In an interview with Dawn here on Wednesday, Dr Sreedharan said Lahore should have a light rail system because it could not manage its 8.5 million population’s movement without it.

The Indian official was invited by the Punjab government for his expert opinion on the $8billion project of running the light rail in the city on four routes.

On Tuesday, he inspected the first priority line’s route from Greenland (Shahdara) to Hamza Town (near Chungi Amar Sadhu). On Wednesday, he shared his expertise with Transport Minister Pir Ghulam Mohayuddin and senior officials of his department. He also called on Chief Secretary Salman Siddique to exchange his views on the project and share his own experience of running the same system in Delhi.

The proposed rail service is the main part of the Lahore Mass Transit System (LRMTS). The project will be executed with the financial assistance of the Asian Development Bank. Officials expect that the first train will be operational in 2012. The groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled to be held in June next.

Dr Sreedharan called the project a well-conceived scheme aimed at introducing an absolutely needed facility to Lahore. He said the project would prove a success if it was executed properly after fine-tuning.

In his view, the implementation of the project (the first line) would face no major technical difficulty because the soil condition en route was good and roads were wide, having room for underground construction without creating any serious inconvenience to the city.

Dr Sreedharan said the government must take a final decision about the funding of the project. It should also decide whether the project would be handled by one of its departments or a private company. “A legal cover is also required through the assembly,” he said.

He said the government would need permission from the owners of private buildings to dig underground or to acquire land, which should be done through a legal procedure.

He said the government would also need a law to operate and maintain the system and to ensure its safety. The system should be duty exempt for its several metro stations and depots through a law to reduce its maintenance cost, he said.

He said the metro rail service project in Delhi was completed in seven years — 1998 to 2005 — instead of the specified 10 years.

The rail covered 65kms providing an excellent transport system to the city besides ridding it of immense air pollution which was being caused by transport, he said.

He said initially people used to object to the high cost of the project but time had proved that it was necessary for the city. The rail service had also brought about a positive cultural change in Delhi, teaching people to form queues to board the train, he said.

The minimum fare was Rs6 and the maximum Rs22 which was economical. “You also need to keep the fare reasonable,” he said.

The plan to introduce a light rail system in Lahore was made in the 80s in the light of a feasibility report prepared by the Japan International Cooperation Agency. It was taken up for implementation after Chief Minister Pervaiz Elahi showed a keen interest in it in 2005. In response, the planning and development board got prepared a fresh study of the project from a Hong Kong-based firm selected through an international tender.

According to the study completed last year, around 30,000 people could travel by the train in one hour, resolving the ever-growing transport problems of the city.

The proposed first line will cover 27kms from Shahdara to Hamza Town, having 22 stations. This project will be completed at an estimated cost of $2.4 billion.

The system will be operated on the ground from Ravi Bridge to Bhati Chowk and underground from Bhati Chowk to Kot Lakhpat via Lower Mall, The Mall, Queens Road and Ferozepur Road.

The second line will cover Railway Station to Thoker Niaz Beg via McLeod Road, GPO, Chauburji and Multan Road. —Intikhab Hanif

beta busain laye gayen theen, sab pathan transport mafia ne out class ker den
CNG-Bus-Photo-File-640x480.jpg

karachi+green+bus.jpg

i agree with you here , pathan transport mafia ki waja se yeh sari green buses ground ker de gaye :(
thanks to harami ANP and PPP

Indeed how can we compare the great infrastructure of india with that of poor pakistan.

Here are some examples of World class infrastructure of india,

Prashanth-Portfolio-40.jpg

Slum-India-Mumbai.jpg

article-2109657-1202B483000005DC-420_634x396.jpg

I don't want to post the Slums in Pakistan... I'm scared to look for the pictures... I don't want to hurt my eyes.....
see post #118
also this is a tiny project

Yes Pakistan takes time but have you seen the quality of our projects, none of Indian cities have an organized bus system that can compete with Lahore/Islamabad metrobus.
You shouldn't talk when you haven't got a clue about reality. Anyways here's an eyeopener:

Ahmedabad BRTS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Awards
  • National Award for “Award for Excellence in the category of Best IMTS Project – 2011” from Government of India[4]
  • International Award for “Sustainable Transport Award – 2010” at Washington DC, USA.[4][14][15]
  • National Award for “Best Mass Transit Rapid System Project - 2009” from Government of India.[4][16]
  • International Award for “Outstanding Innovations in Public Transportation – 2010” from UITP, Germany[4]
  • National Award for “Best Innovation Project Towards Improvement in Urban Mobility in the City of Ahmedabad through New Technological Innovations in Janmarg BRTS – 2010” from Government of India.[4]
  • International Award for Design – “Daring Ambition Award and Knowledge and Research Award – 2011” at 59th UITP World Congress, Dubai.[4]

You shouldn't talk when you haven't got a clue about reality. Anyways here's an eyeopener:

Ahmedabad BRTS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I know what I was talking about, ahmedabad/delhi/indore brt's are no where as advanced as the ones in Pakistan, our have their own elevated tracks and are separate from the rest of traffic. Elevated stations and separate track will make it easier to turn the line into light rail system.

I know what I was talking about, ahmedabad/delhi/indore brt's are no where as advanced as the ones in Pakistan, our have their own elevated tracks and are separate from the rest of traffic. Elevated stations and separate track will make it easier to turn the line into light rail system.
Can you show me some awards or recognition received by so called Pakistan's "Advanced" Metro bus system.
Where as you can see how many recognition Ahmedabad BRTS have received from all over the world.

First hand knowledge is more valuable than any published report.
Personal experience is Irrelevant when you discuss something in international forums.Bw there are many reports from your own newspapers which says that Pakistan has about 60 percent people lving below poverty line and nearly same percentage of people defecating in open but only World banks statistics can be taken credible which is about 21% and 35%.So you cant dispute world bannk report.
My point is that slums in pakistan don't look like a piece of shtt like the ones in india.
Beauty and ugliness varies from person to person.For Pakistanis Indian slums are worse and for Indians Pakistani slums are wose.Thats why statistics of international organisations will be taken credible.

Not even close enough to what Indian private sector is doing in tier 2 cities in India.

Gift City Ahmadabad

cropped-gift-city.jpg
Compare to what Bahria will launch, this is shit. Have a look.
Crescent Bay, the entire project is being on a reclaimed piece of land in Karachi.
25486_383796822001_204611_n.jpg

25486_383796787001_7978231_n.jpg
25486_383796792001_6722510_n.jpg

Bahria Safe city, this island project is supposed to have world's tallest skyscrapers with worlds biggest malls.
01-bahria-town-islands-city-karachi-jpg.30540

Has Baharia project started yet ?
Yes it has.

Now Mass Rapid Transit In India - This is what Pakistan needs.
And that is what Pakistan will get.
KCR
big-15_zps392fb1f0.png

big-16_zpsc0a640c8.png

Orange line Lahore
ztydnd.jpg

16jnc5k.jpg

Both start construction by the end of summer.

BRTS are usually seperated by fences from the rest of traffic.

Most LRTs run at ground level.And no train will climb that kind of gradient,let alone an LRT.

Thats what makes our brt's "special". They are designed to be easily changed into light train system.

Compare to what Bahria will launch, this is shit. Have a look.
Crescent Bay, the entire project is being on a reclaimed piece of land in Karachi.
25486_383796822001_204611_n.jpg

25486_383796787001_7978231_n.jpg
25486_383796792001_6722510_n.jpg

Bahria Safe city, this island project is supposed to have world's tallest skyscrapers with worlds biggest malls.
01-bahria-town-islands-city-karachi-jpg.30540

Yes it has.

And that is what Pakistan will get.
KCR
big-15_zps392fb1f0.png

big-16_zpsc0a640c8.png

Orange line Lahore
ztydnd.jpg

16jnc5k.jpg

Both start construction by the end of summer.

Is it started? Or still in planning stage? Because all I see is computer generated models.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom