Gryphon

Reaction score
MyMURA4.jpg

yiWgfDa.jpg

AirForces Monthly - June 2015
Pages: 68 - 69

AESA --- confirmed
JF-17 Twin seat version ---- confirmed

So the twin seat JF-17 will be PAFs next LIFT aircraft. Will give one hell of a marketing competition to the T-50 and L-15, which give lower operating costs than 4+ gen aircraft. An operator can field same trainer and backbone fighter at same time with low operating costs.

What PAF and Chengdu should do is that adopt same marketing strategy as their western counterparts. Base all advertisement material on the Block-3, western companies always boast about their future upgrade version not the actual flying ones. EF tranche 3, Rafale C and Gripen NG examples

So JF-17 dual seat is going to be the way forward for LIFT ....not T-50 or L-15 !

Hi,

Well---they might not want to release the aesa to anyone else for the moment---. I think that the BLK 2 will be sufficient for most air forces---the package would be more than enough to do the job.

SD-10 ,Air to Air refueling and multiple racks is the main difference of BLK-1 and 2. What about the Laser guided bombs are they being tested or not?
At least I am happy that ADA missions are now being performed by JF-17's and some load is relieved on F-16's.

There will be no J-10B's in PAF now. FC-31 might emerge with some major upgrading as done in F-10A to FC-20 by PAF

For me the best thing out of this interview is that, PAF has a visible road map, they are slowly and surely progressing in right directions. There is no haphazard acquisitions and PAF is professionally absorbing new hi tech.
AESA and dual seat versions will be an added advantage. Blk-3 should be around 2017 and will bring it in league of 4+++ fighter.
ADA duties being performed by JF17s will definitely save lot of hours for our Blk-52s. Exciting times ahead. Waiting to see JF17 Blk3. I will not be surprised, if its design is also different more like a stealthy one. :pakistan:

So can we see more F-16s other than the planned 300 JF-17s?

As there is a room for 32-52 F-16s Block-52s and also for some addition 70++ F-16s Block-15s. I am sure that the need to increase the fleet is inevitable because of the growing concern across the border and internal situation throughout the country. As J-31 will progress in coming future so that it will be able to replace ofd F-16s. Also, there is a good chance for Pakistan-Turkey and may be Iran to join in for a next generation fighter which can be a single or dual engine with no vertical tail.

ALHUMDULILLAH we now have 03 operational Squadrons of JF-17s and more are on its way. Ever wonder how come PAF managed to convert Fighter Pilots especially the young ones from other systems like F-7Ps and Mirages while there is no dual seater of Thunder?The answer is that PAF has invested alot in simulators and have adopted some modern techniques in training which has enabled it to easily go for said conversion. ACM Sohail Aman had been part of that and with his team he has literally revolutionized the whole training regime of PAF from top to bottom with special emphasis on the new technicians who have to maintain these technically advanced platforms. Nonetheless Thunder comes with its inherent ease of handling and excellent mix of HOTAS which makes it a quite easy fighter aircraft to handle.We wish good luck to PAF and happy landings in future ahead.
Pakistan Zindabad.

Hi,

So---the first of the good news is released---thank you---ie the confirmation of AESA in blk 3. Now that is a giant leap----. More to come.

Well I'm disappointed, AESA is nodoubt a giant leap, but it wont safe JF-17 from more maneuverable aircraft like MKI, Rafale, Mirage-2000. HMDS/HOBS missile would save it. But PAF is in no mood to integrate it even in 3rd block.

Well I'm disappointed, AESA is nodoubt a giant leap, but it wont safe JF-17 from more maneuverable aircraft like MKI, Rafale, Mirage-2000. HMDS/HOBS missile would save it. But PAF is in no mood to integrate it even in 3rd block.

hi
sir i disagree with u on that ....u r forgetting about the rcs of jf17 it will b reduced too... and with AESA
it can compete su 30 mki because it will detect SU 30 mki way before su3o detects jf17...
and yes it cant compete RAFALE
but with AESA it will give tough time to su 30 mki and mirag2000.

hi
sir i disagree with u on that ....u r forgetting about the rcs of jf17 it will b reduced too... and with AESA
it can compete su 30 mki because it will detect SU 30 mki way before su3o detects jf17...
and yes it cant compete RAFALE
but with AESA it will give tough time to su 30 mki and mirag2000.

In loaded configuration RCS of JF-17 is 3-3.5 Sq Meters square. MKI can detect this rcs at a range of 130-150 KM. While JF-17 AESA maximum detection would be similar. Can detect MKI at distance of 140-160 KM.

So your argument collapses that JF-17 can detect MKI before.

Back
Top Bottom