What's new

Exclusive: India losing more soldiers in Red Corridors than J-K

Mate he is confused, in their country they use military to take care of internal threats, case and point being them shelling the insurgents in their tribal areas. so for them everything is military.

Besides, there is also the quetion of ego. Some people just cannot accept that they were mistaken, although that is the honorable thing to do.
And yes, for a person who sees his army, navy, air force, special forces, SSG, frontier force, policemen, rangers, and everybody else battling insurgents, and yet having to ignominously hold peace talks with them and bargain with them, perhaps it is difficult for them to understand that in other countries, policemen are more than sufficient to keep insurgents away, and never to even dream of bargaining.

if thats true then i think there r big issue within yr management staff or the bureaucrats who make such decisions. Their roles as per wikipedia r same as our SFs operating in KP. Maybe thats why we dont hear this abt our armed forces.
CRPF is an armed police wing used for roles like Crowd control, election duties, maoists operations, riot control etc. They are not special force. Damn no country can afford 3.5 lakh strong special force.
PS: there are 10 battalions(around 10000 crpf soldiers called COBRAs) who are specially trained for maoists operations though.

First, you don't know what is Special Forces and you continue to rant.

It came into existence as the Crown Representative's Police on 27 July 1939. After Indian Independence, it became the Central Reserve Police Force on enactment of the CRPF Act on 28 December 1949.

Besides Law and Order and counter-insurgency duties, the role of CRPF in the General Elections, held repeatedly during the past few years, has been very significant and vital. This is especially true for the trouble-ridden states of J&K, Bihar and in the North East. During the Parliamentary elections of September 1999, the CRPF played a major role in the security arrangements. Of late, CRPF contingents are also being deployed in UN missions.

With 228 battalions[2] and various other establishments, the CRPF is considered India's largest paramilitary force .[3]

That is not true anymore. They have been declassified as paramilitary, and are now rightly called a CAPF (Central Armed POLICE force), along with the BSF and SSB and ITBP. These are all police forces, not military or paramilitary. The only paramilitaries in India are the SAG of the NSG, the Assam Rifles, and the coast guard.

its always paramilitary who is deployed internally. We also have them in KP . But never heard them suffering this much.
Man yr fighting capabilities r way way low and still u claim u won all the wars against us.:rofl:

Srinagar is much much safer and violence free compared to Karachi or Peshawar. ;)

Definition of Special Forces>>>

Source:- Special forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the very same article lets see what it says about India>>>

Source:- Special forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are the special forces of India>>>

Source:- Special Forces of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no mention of CRPF in the list! IT IS NOT A SPECIAL FORCE damn it! :hitwall:
Again, do refer to the basics of the subject before you plan to troll on it! :sick:

You might have Elite Police Branches in your respective Police Departments but India does not have any such practice!

Elite Police - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't let me doubt your comprehension skills! I am quoting from your sources only! :coffee:
we have SOF special operations wing for FC Frontier Corp operating in KP and Baluchistan and ATTF anti Terrorist Task Force for Rangers. FC and Rangers r paramilitary Forces.

Pakistan Special Operations Forces Chart.

We also r raising two more SFs. EP r not really SF material they r more like stop gap solution.

I don't know why do we even have MARCOS???? Send them in Dragg the top commanders of this Naxals....

Do you know Most of the Naxals there forcefully kept against their will... You takeout the Top commanders then these people would put down the arms and join the nation.... seriously BJP should look into this options... Congress is good for nothing

Indian Army at her best yet again.

FYI sir, army is not deployed in these states.. If Army comes then No mercy for these Punks.

But unlike him and me, you can not go to Srinagar.. (Unless you again fake a picture as yours like you did for that SUV :D )
i can go and i have gone there. There is a bus service from Muzaffarabad to Srinagar with 15 days gap.

I don't know why do we even have MARCOS???? Send them in Dragg the top commanders of this Naxals....

Do you know Most of the Naxals there forcefully kept against their will... You takeout the Top commanders then these people would put down the arms and join the nation.... seriously BJP should look into this options... Congress is good for nothing

Because India doesn't use military power on its citizens, secondly MARCOS are an elite unit, then there is the whole point of where the military has declined to get involved into the matter. This is an internal matter and should be solved by the police, CRPF, and the government. The Maoists are already getting pushed into a corner with majority of them being hunted down by the COBRA, which is a special unit created for such tasks. By using the military it will set a bad example for the nation that our police and law enforcement agencies are not capable enough to take care of the issue and will put a bad light on the country where we used military force on our own civilians.

More to it this whole issue has brought some great changes to the whole training process of CRPF or CAPF. They are getting better equipment and better training to deal with such issues rather than sitting ideally.

Because India doesn't use military power on its citizens, secondly MARCOS are an elite unit, then there is the whole point of where the military has declined to get involved into the matter. This is an internal matter and should be solved by the police, CRPF, and the government. The Maoists are already getting pushed into a corner with majority of them being hunted down by the COBRA, which is a special unit created for such tasks. By using the military it will set a bad example for the nation that our police and law enforcement agencies are not capable enough to take care of the issue and will put a bad light on the country where we used military force on our own civilians.

More to it this whole issue has brought some great changes to the whole training process of CRPF or CAPF. They are getting better equipment and better training to deal with such issues rather than sitting ideally.

So this people kill their own people Wage a war against country and we still should consider them as our own people?? We should be soft on this bustards???? Noway man. MARCOS's operations are highly secret no one would know the details. If MARCOS are better and finish the task soon than COBRAS, I'm sure they can do that... Why waste so many men and resources.. Put them in Action, because these Pigs doesn't deserve anything.... I don't see they're pushed man... every other day i read the news Our Jawans are being set a trapped and killed... If i'm in charge I'd show my Middle finger to human commission or whoever trying to standup for these ugly bitches and send the SF and take out the Commanders

FYI sir, army is not deployed in these states.. If Army comes then No mercy for these Punks.

Send Marine commandos to counter those holed up in Jungles?! When those who're deployed after undergoing specialized Jungle Warfare training find it difficult to operate against these Maoists in the Jungles, what hope do you think the Marcos will have against them?

So this people kill their own people Wage a war against country and we still should consider them as our own people?? We should be soft on this bustards???? Noway man. MARCOS's operations are highly secret no one would know the details. If MARCOS are better and finish the task soon than COBRAS, I'm sure they can do that... Why waste so many men and resources.. Put them in Action, because these Pigs doesn't deserve anything.... I don't see they're pushed man... every other day i read the news Our Jawans are being set a trapped and killed... If i'm in charge I'd show my Middle finger to human commission or whoever trying to standup for these ugly bitches and send the SF and take out the Commanders

Mate, people are killing people because of stupid mismanagement by governments. Yes, things have improved and now the maoists leader are just brainwashing these tribals, but it doesn't mean we go all out against our own. CRPF and the other units are doing an exceptional job in taking care of the whole issue, most of the top maoists have either surrendered or are on the run. The COBRA unit has also taken out many of the goons. It's only a matter of time before the whole thing collapses. The main problem here is that even if we take out the head it won't stop the whole problem, the problem is ideology based and can only be stopped with better education and better living standards for the people living the areas affected by Maoists, it is the governments job to take care of the mismanagement they have done till now.

You also have to realize that there is a reason why the air force chief declined to take direct action against the maoists when he was asked to do so. And that is because of their ideals and values, they took the job not to kill their own, rather to protect them from outside threats. While it is the duty of the police to take care of internal problems, if we have to constantly rely on military to solve our problem then that will make us no different from our neighbors where military dictates large part of what happens in the country.

Send Marine commandos to counter those holed up in Jungles?! When those who're deployed after undergoing specialized Jungle Warfare training find it difficult to operate against these Maoists in the Jungles, what hope do you think the Marcos will have against them?

Actually, mate MARCOS are trained for such tasks, they are also deployed in Kashmir for Counter insurgency roles, so they do have a lot of experience in such matters.

Back
Top Bottom