What's new

Ex-military officers call for Musharraf to go

I dont know even a single Pakistan who like Musharraf.He is the most unpopular man in pakistan .Some of you might like him but the fact is that People only know Musharrafs era as the time in which ..

Pakistan suffered from

1)Gas shortage
2)Electricity crisis
3)Floor crisis
4) sugar crisis
5) Steel mill and stock exchange scandal.
6)Record corruption(amnesty international).110 billion Rupees(2 billion $) loans of Q leageans forgiven.
7)Federation crisis
8) Lal masjid fiasco,Akbar bugti killing,FATA balochistan operation.
9)SUICIDE BOMBINGS.
10)Pakistans territorial violation by AMERICA.
11)Illegal steps against JUDICIARY and MEDIA.
12)Destroying of ARMY's CREDIBILITY.
13)Not a single MW has been added since Mushrraf CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE

ALLL OF THIS AND MUCH MORE.
and all I know the good things he has done is only in Education and Few reserves.

1.Gas shortage has always been around. Today it is even more short because our needs our economy our population is growing. This is actually a good thing because it shows economic improvement, but it is also said that the government did not foresee this.
2.Electricity problem has always been around as well. Every government has had this problem and no one has been able to solve it. But it should be solved, and we have the resources to solve this problem.
3.Flour crisis is another thing which has always been around. The same people who sit in opposition to President Musharraf own flour mills, they are responsible for this crisis.
4.I personally am not aware of the sugar crisis but if you say so, but one thing I know we have had sugar crisis in the past as well.
5.As far as the steel mill is concerned, it needed to be privatized. The reason being the still mill was constantly showing a loss, and by privatizing it the government is able to tax the owners. Instead of the government paying out of its own pockets to cover the loss, now it can tax the own and make a profit from it. Now the stock market crash. These things happen, but the economy has grown. If we look at a crash that happened one day we must also look at the rest of the year when the stack market rose. Today the stock market stands at an all time high, we are getting investments at a level never seem before is our history.
6. Corruption is one thing which has always been around. One thing is for sure this regime was not the most corrupt, is the decade of democracy we had more corrupt governments.
7.As long as the Army is around we will have no federation crisis. For the past 60 years we have had federation crisis. We had a federation crisis after the assassination of Laiquat Ali Khan up till Field Marshall Ayub Khan took over. We had a federation crisis from when General Yayha Khan became president up until the 1973 Constitution was written and in this crisis we lost half of the country. We had a crisis in the so called decade of democracy in the 1990s.
8.The Lal Masjid elements needed to be eliminated because they challenged the writ of the government in the capital of all places. They held children hostage. If they truly believed in what they were doing is right they would of never negotiated with the government. One brother tried to escape, dressed as a women and the other in the end started to bow and wanted a truce. They were kidnapping people, I ask then what Shariah were they trying to enforce. FATA operation needs to happen. We need to get rid of extremists elements and kick out those foreign nationals who use our territory as a base.
9.Sucide bombings are hard to prevent. I can say that no government will be able to prevent them, the only way to stop them is go after the source of them.
10. Pakistan has declared that is foreign troops set foot on our soil, it will be a declaration of war.
11.The judiciary was becoming hard to control. Ever government has done this. The judiciary is luck they were fired, otherwise if it was Nawaz Sharif, they would of been beaten. President Musharraf only told them to resign, Nawaz had them assulted. Is our media really fair and balanced. Dont gorget it is President Musharraf who has granted them freedom, other wise you and I would be watching PTV.
Their is much more I could add but this should be enough. The fact is during the past 60 years if their are two people who can claim that they were progressive and help to evolve Pakistan they are Field Marshall Ayub Khan and General Musharraf. Quaid-I-Azam and Laiquat Ali Khan fall in different categories, they cannot be challenged and they have no parallel, they were the ones who could of laid the foundations to a progressive and democratic Pakistan, but unfortunately Quaid-I-Azam died and Laiquat Ali was assassinated. The fact is President Musharraf is the right man for Pakistan, right now we have no replacement for him. Another thing which we mustn't forget is that he didn't force his way into power, he was invited when Nawaz high jacked his plane. If people want President Musharraf to go they should also ask every single politician to go as well. We need a new breed of politicians, I for one am tried of seeing the same old people in power, the same old corrupt people, and if they quit their family members take their place. These politicians are responsible for where Pakistan is at today, these politicians are responsible for inviting the Arm to enter politics. History tells us the Army was invited to take power, it didn't force its way in. The bottom line is we wont learn, we will go to the ballot boxes on the 18th and vote for the same people who have robbed the country in the past. We all share equal blame.

MyShadow said:
AoA
Elections are for parliament not for president. So question of Mush winning the elections or not doesn't arise. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong

You are right irfan, But as far as i am concern mushy must step down now, it is already too late

Dear Shadow and the other guy,

Both of you are wrong in that case. The elections to be held in February, are for the role of LEADER of Pakistan (indirectly) and to fill up the parliamentary assembly (direct). If PML-Q win a majority of say 130 seats, they're not going to elect Zardari now, are they?

The vote in February is a vote for who Pakistani want as leader of Pakistan.

I wonder why everyone including his old colleagues should now go for Musharraf jugular!

It is very extraordinary.

Are these chaps looking to replace him as the President?

The Chief Justice, lawyers, the politicians, the terrorists and now the retired of the military!!

Pakistan seems to want to isolate the very person who did something worthwhile for Pakistan!!

Not Pakistan but few opportunists want to isolate him.

No common Pakistani has came to streets to protest for CJ or lawyers or good for nothing politicians.

And look at the bunch of General except Gen Gulzar i dont see any of the others any very sincer with the people.

Look at these Retired generals Majid Malik, Aslam Baig, Hamid Gul, AM Asghar Khan all of them had been in politics but failed to get into power.
While Talat Masood is very very old and always been anaylising things in rather more idealistic manner in all his analysises so far.

For a moment if we say ok Musharraf should go ok if he stepps down what will happen???

Will the terrorists halt their activities ????
Will we just stop the vital steps we are taking to eleminat terrorists of Al-Qaeda from our side ???
Will the shooting up prices go down ???

NO
i think not for US but for ourselves we had to eliminate the Al-Qaeda terrists and its supporters who are destablizing Pakistan no matter Musharraf is in power or not.

and i do not see any change in shooting prices with someone else replacing Musharraf its something directly propotunate to changing life style.

So i say these retired generals along with this demand need to suggests some solution to the problems.

BTW there is a news that they will launch a protest movement against Musharraf along with lawyers.

So here we go some elements again trying to fund Lawyers to keep Pakistan in termoil

Not Pakistan but few opportunists want to isolate him.

No common Pakistani has came to streets to protest for CJ or lawyers or good for nothing politicians.

And look at the bunch of General except Gen Gulzar i dont see any of the others any very sincer with the people.

Look at these Retired generals Majid Malik, Aslam Baig, Hamid Gul, AM Asghar Khan all of them had been in politics but failed to get into power.
While Talat Masood is very very old and always been anaylising things in rather more idealistic manner in all his analysises so far.

For a moment if we say ok Musharraf should go ok if he stepps down what will happen???

Will the terrorists halt their activities ????
Will we just stop the vital steps we are taking to eleminat terrorists of Al-Qaeda from our side ???
Will the shooting up prices go down ???

NO
i think not for US but for ourselves we had to eliminate the Al-Qaeda terrists and its supporters who are destablizing Pakistan no matter Musharraf is in power or not.

and i do not see any change in shooting prices with someone else replacing Musharraf its something directly propotunate to changing life style.

So i say these retired generals along with this demand need to suggests some solution to the problems.

BTW there is a news that they will launch a protest movement against Musharraf along with lawyers.

So here we go some elements again trying to fund Lawyers to keep Pakistan in termoil

Again a whole lot of humbug and bilge water from you.

I presume you journalistic traits are being exposed to the hilt.

Are you suggesting the stuff that the lawyers and the CJ did did not have support of the people of Pakistan?

If so, how come these people paralysed the country?

Are these Generals of your bums, who don't know a sausage?!

I don't agree with them, but to feel that all who make the General's rank are total fools is being unfair!

Of course, I can't say the same about Journalists and Lawyers!

Anyone can be Journalist or a Lawyer, but not all can be Generals!

If you are so keen to stop the terrorists and join Musharraf's campaign, then get cracking not here but in your newspaper!

Have you written anything on this line, if show produce here.

Put your money where your mouth is!

Too much of crocodile tears arebeing shed for Musharraf!

old fellows, old dreams.........and old thinking.

thats all, these old ex-miltary genrals can offer pakistan?

at, one of very crazy times of our country, every 1 seemes to have only 1 solution , which is get rid of musharf.

musharf is the only 1 solution for pakistan at least for me.

at, one of very crazy times of our country, every 1 seemes to have only 1 solution , which is get rid of musharf.

Après moi, le déluge

приветствуйте на борту Батманнова и спасибо за ваши взгляды.
Пожалуйста представьтесь здесь: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-introduction/

спасибо!
Нео

1.Gas shortage has always been around. Today it is even more short because our needs our economy our population is growing. This is actually a good thing because it shows economic improvement, but it is also said that the government did not foresee this.
2.Electricity problem has always been around as well. Every government has had this problem and no one has been able to solve it. But it should be solved, and we have the resources to solve this problem.
3.Flour crisis is another thing which has always been around. The same people who sit in opposition to President Musharraf own flour mills, they are responsible for this crisis.
4.I personally am not aware of the sugar crisis but if you say so, but one thing I know we have had sugar crisis in the past as well.
5.As far as the steel mill is concerned, it needed to be privatized. The reason being the still mill was constantly showing a loss, and by privatizing it the government is able to tax the owners. Instead of the government paying out of its own pockets to cover the loss, now it can tax the own and make a profit from it. Now the stock market crash. These things happen, but the economy has grown. If we look at a crash that happened one day we must also look at the rest of the year when the stack market rose. Today the stock market stands at an all time high, we are getting investments at a level never seem before is our history.

7.As long as the Army is around we will have no federation crisis. For the past 60 years we have had federation crisis. We had a federation crisis after the assassination of Laiquat Ali Khan up till Field Marshall Ayub Khan took over. We had a federation crisis from when General Yayha Khan became president up until the 1973 Constitution was written and in this crisis we lost half of the country. We had a crisis in the so called decade of democracy in the 1990s.
8.The Lal Masjid elements needed to be eliminated because they challenged the writ of the government in the capital of all places. They held children hostage. If they truly believed in what they were doing is right they would of never negotiated with the government. One brother tried to escape, dressed as a women and the other in the end started to bow and wanted a truce. They were kidnapping people, I ask then what Shariah were they trying to enforce. FATA operation needs to happen. We need to get rid of extremists elements and kick out those foreign nationals who use our territory as a base.
9.Sucide bombings are hard to prevent. I can say that no government will be able to prevent them, the only way to stop them is go after the source of them.

11.The judiciary was becoming hard to control. Ever government has done this. The judiciary is luck they were fired, otherwise if it was Nawaz Sharif, they would of been beaten. President Musharraf only told them to resign, Nawaz had them assulted. Is our media really fair and balanced. Dont gorget it is President Musharraf who has granted them freedom, other wise you and I would be watching PTV.
Their is much more I could add but this should be enough. The fact is during the past 60 years if their are two people who can claim that they were progressive and help to evolve Pakistan they are Field Marshall Ayub Khan and General Musharraf. Quaid-I-Azam and Laiquat Ali Khan fall in different categories, they cannot be challenged and they have no parallel, they were the ones who could of laid the foundations to a progressive and democratic Pakistan, but unfortunately Quaid-I-Azam died and Laiquat Ali was assassinated. The fact is President Musharraf is the right man for Pakistan, right now we have no replacement for him. Another thing which we mustn't forget is that he didn't force his way into power, he was invited when Nawaz high jacked his plane. If people want President Musharraf to go they should also ask every single politician to go as well. We need a new breed of politicians, I for one am tried of seeing the same old people in power, the same old corrupt people, and if they quit their family members take their place. These politicians are responsible for where Pakistan is at today, these politicians are responsible for inviting the Arm to enter politics. History tells us the Army was invited to take power, it didn't force its way in. The bottom line is we wont learn, we will go to the ballot boxes on the 18th and vote for the same people who have robbed the country in the past. We all share equal blame.

Please dont support Musharraf too much.I challenge you to go to streets and ask the people.More than 80% will abuse him .ONLY THE BENEFICIARIES OF MUSHARRAF LIKE THE ARMY MEN WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN LANDS AND $ ARE HAPPY.

1) Gas shortage was NOT AROUND.You say that every thing was AROUND.I didnt see gas shortage in this country before this.If you argue that its due to growth then Mind that GROWTH is NATURAL.YOUR POPULATION,ELECTRICITY REUIREMENTS ,GAS every thing will grow .GOV HAS TO KEEP PACE WITH GROWTH.

2)Electricity shortage was also not AROUND.We had SURPLUS ELECTRICITY from BBs second term to NS second term.Musharraf DIDNT ADD EVEN A SINGLE MW .SHORTAGE IS NOT DUE TO GROWTH BUT DUE TO THE FACT NO EVEN A SINGLE MW HAS BEEN ADDED IN PAST 8 YEARS WHEN WE HAD LOTS OF $ FLOWING FROM OUTSIDE.I AM :)THAT YOU DONT CONSIDER MUSH RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT ADDING EVEN A SINGLE MW IN 8 YEARS.SHAME SHAME

3) You seem to favour Musharrar to much.Most of the FLOUR MILLS are owned by Q LEAGEANS .Mush allowed them to EARN $ BY SELLING FLOUR TO AFGHANISTAN TO GET THEIR POLITICAL SUPPORT FOR ELECTIONS.

4)You said that steel mill should have been privatized OK but TRANSPARENCY
is also some thing.Even the RETIRED ARMY OFFICER who headed steel mill at that time opposed it.
6. Corruption is one thing which has always been around. One thing is for sure this regime was not the most corrupt, is the decade of democracy we had more corrupt governments.
Boy I was quoting AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL the corruption rate is

36% BB snd term
48% NS 2nd term.
63 % Mush 2 term
LOANS FORGIVEN 20 billion rupees 1988-1999
LOANS FORGIVEN 110 billion rupees 1999-2007

I have given you STATS if you have STATS to prove that MUSH gov is LEAST CORRUPT then show them.ARMY OFFICERS AND BENEFICIARIES ALWAYS SAY THAT DEMOCRATIC GOV WAS WORSE .BUT THEY ARE BETTER THEN ARMY,

10. Pakistan has declared that is foreign troops set foot on our soil, it will be a declaration of war.

How sweet .THAT HAPPENED IN BAJAUR.EVEN AFTER HIS STATEMENT MISSILE STRIKE IN N WAZIRISTAN KILLED A AL LIBI.IF THEY RESPECTED OUR SOVEREIGNTY COULDNT THEY TELL US WHERE AL LIBI IS AND WE ORDER OUR CHOPPERS TO SNUB HIM.

DUDE DONT LIVE IN FANTASY.GO TO STREETS OF PAKISTAN.MUSH IS THE MOST UNPOPULAR PERSON.EVEN IRI SURVEYS SHOW THAT HIS POPULARITY IS BELOW 50 %.

Mosaba,

That is a serious j'accuse.

MOSABJA And like him Lahori paa jee types cant stand musharaf as there only way of making a living is disappearing and most of them don't no how to work for living.

Again a whole lot of humbug and bilge water from you.

I presume you journalistic traits are being exposed to the hilt.

Are you suggesting the stuff that the lawyers and the CJ did did not have support of the people of Pakistan?

If so, how come these people paralysed the country?

Are these Generals of your bums, who don't know a sausage?!

I don't agree with them, but to feel that all who make the General's rank are total fools is being unfair!

Of course, I can't say the same about Journalists and Lawyers!

Anyone can be Journalist or a Lawyer, but not all can be Generals!

If you are so keen to stop the terrorists and join Musharraf's campaign, then get cracking not here but in your newspaper!

Have you written anything on this line, if show produce here.

Put your money where your mouth is!

Too much of crocodile tears arebeing shed for Musharraf!

And think Sir if you have even one percent honesty in you next time do not get personal as always.

Secondly where did i call the Generals as fools as you had attributed to me again i believe its your frustration rather than any solid comment.

As far the people of Pakistan are concerned they are in billions few hunders good for nothing lawyers do not carry the wishes of billions of Pakistanis.

As far my journalist abilities or traits are concerned i do not need any certificate from a person like you.

Last but not the least as far my support to Musharraf's campaign against terrorism i am playing my part and to prove that i again do not need a certifcate from you.
All those familiar with media even a little do know that and even some from India too.

Have a nice day

:enjoy:

SHORTAGE IS NOT DUE TO GROWTH BUT DUE TO THE FACT NO EVEN A SINGLE MW HAS BEEN ADDED IN PAST 8 YEARS WHEN WE HAD LOTS OF $ FLOWING FROM OUTSIDE.I AM THAT YOU DONT CONSIDER MUSH RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT ADDING EVEN A SINGLE MW IN 8 YEARS.SHAME SHAME

Pakistan had 20.4 gigawatts (GW) of installed electric generating capacity in 2004. Conventional thermal plants using oil, natural gas, and coal account for about 66 percent of Pakistan’s capacity, with hydroelectricity making up 32 percent and nuclear 2 percent. The Pakistani government estimates that by 2010, Pakistan will have to increase its generating capacity by more than 50 percent to meet increasing demand. In 2004, Pakistan generated 80.2 billion kilowatthours (Bkwh) of electricity while consuming 74.6 Bkwh. Pakistan's total power generating capacity has increased rapidly in recent years, due largely to foreign investment, leading to a partial alleviation of the power shortages Pakistan often faces in peak seasons. However, much of Pakistan’s rural areas do not have access to electric power and about half the population is not connected to the national grid. Rotating blackouts ("load shedding") are also necessary in some areas. In addition, transmission losses are about 30 percent, due to poor quality infrastructure and a significant amount of power theft.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/Pakistan/Electricity.html

Read the rest here i hope this helps you out.At least if u wanna blame the man instead of yelling come up with some thing to stand on.and also bother posting the links other wise you are just making up stories as you go along.

How sweet .THAT HAPPENED IN BAJAUR.EVEN AFTER HIS STATEMENT MISSILE STRIKE IN N WAZIRISTAN KILLED A AL LIBI.IF THEY RESPECTED OUR SOVEREIGNTY COULDNT THEY TELL US WHERE AL LIBI IS AND WE ORDER OUR CHOPPERS TO SNUB HIM.

So sympathizers like u call ahead and inform.care to tell me what a libyan born terrorist doing in pakistans tribal areas.

DUDE DONT LIVE IN FANTASY.GO TO STREETS OF PAKISTAN.MUSH IS THE MOST UNPOPULAR PERSON.EVEN IRI SURVEYS SHOW THAT HIS POPULARITY IS BELOW 50 %.

dude why dont you follow your own advice and ask the average pakistani on the street.
(For ongoing surveys, IRI offers dynamic web-based survey reporting systems that display real time charts and tables ...)
get your head out of sand look around dude.

Please dont support Musharraf too much.I challenge you to go to streets and ask the people.More than 80% will abuse him .ONLY THE BENEFICIARIES OF MUSHARRAF LIKE THE ARMY MEN WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN LANDS AND $ ARE HAPPY.

1) Gas shortage was NOT AROUND.You say that every thing was AROUND.I didnt see gas shortage in this country before this.If you argue that its due to growth then Mind that GROWTH is NATURAL.YOUR POPULATION,ELECTRICITY REUIREMENTS ,GAS every thing will grow .GOV HAS TO KEEP PACE WITH GROWTH.

2)Electricity shortage was also not AROUND.We had SURPLUS ELECTRICITY from BBs second term to NS second term.Musharraf DIDNT ADD EVEN A SINGLE MW .SHORTAGE IS NOT DUE TO GROWTH BUT DUE TO THE FACT NO EVEN A SINGLE MW HAS BEEN ADDED IN PAST 8 YEARS WHEN WE HAD LOTS OF $ FLOWING FROM OUTSIDE.I AM :)THAT YOU DONT CONSIDER MUSH RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT ADDING EVEN A SINGLE MW IN 8 YEARS.SHAME SHAME

3) You seem to favour Musharrar to much.Most of the FLOUR MILLS are owned by Q LEAGEANS .Mush allowed them to EARN $ BY SELLING FLOUR TO AFGHANISTAN TO GET THEIR POLITICAL SUPPORT FOR ELECTIONS.

4)You said that steel mill should have been privatized OK but TRANSPARENCY
is also some thing.Even the RETIRED ARMY OFFICER who headed steel mill at that time opposed it.

Boy I was quoting AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL the corruption rate is

36% BB snd term
48% NS 2nd term.
63 % Mush 2 term
LOANS FORGIVEN 20 billion rupees 1988-1999
LOANS FORGIVEN 110 billion rupees 1999-2007

I have given you STATS if you have STATS to prove that MUSH gov is LEAST CORRUPT then show them.ARMY OFFICERS AND BENEFICIARIES ALWAYS SAY THAT DEMOCRATIC GOV WAS WORSE .BUT THEY ARE BETTER THEN ARMY,

Theres no point in you looking at facts........the mushy lovers are blinded by there absolute allegiance to the dictator.
Mushy was nothing more then a second rate officer promoted above his ability.

Back
Top Bottom