What's new

Ex CEO of OGDC comments regaridng offshore Oil n Gas drilling

RIP Pak LAW

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The results of four-month offshore drilling at Indus G-Block called Kekra-I off the Karachi coast shows a good quality hydrocarbon reservoir, but unfortunately, these are water wet without any gas effect, said Petroleum Division in a statement on Sunday.

On Friday, PM’s Special Assistant on Petroleum Nadeem Babar announced that offshore drilling in Kekra-I well has been stopped owing to no oil reserves.

Amid much hype, Pakistan was hopeful of finding large oil and gas reserves in its territorial waters in the Arabian Sea.

The prime minister, on numerous occasions, said he was still hopeful that Pakistan would discover major gas reserves in offshore drilling being carried out in the Arabian Sea.

He said the nation could receive good news within two weeks.

The prime minister asked the nation to offer special prayers so that the expectations attached to the drilling project come true. Imran Khan said, if found, the gas reserves would be enough to meet Pakistan’s needs for the next 50 years.

According to former CEO of Oil and Gas Development Authority (OGDCL) Pervaiz Akmal, this would be some 14/15th off-shore oil and gas exploration well that turns out dry, after familiar wishful speculations by people at the helm of affairs.

“It’s so sad that we still continue leaping into these multi-million dollar exercises, almost blindfolded, often to facilitate lucrative businesses for multi-national and local private companies, with deep-rooted vested interests at home and abroad,” he said.

In a comment on the involvement of Exxon and other companies, he said the “idling Italian deep sea drilling rig got a lucrative business, and both ENI and Exxon would go home laughing is no secret”.

“It’s OGDCL & PPL [Pakistan Petroleum Limited] which have paid through their nose.

He said the energy blues of Pakistan would continue, both on and offshore, unless it corrects the direction and intent with utmost sincerity.

Kekra exploration, a joint venture of four oil exploration companies completed the offshore drilling process after four months on May 15.

PakistanToday
TAGS:Kekra-1Oil ReservoirWater Wet
14 HOURS AGO

It's eye opening.
Should rest the case for good. No more such drilling in Pakistani waters moving forward.

@Khafee

It wasnt done on exxon mobil dime? Thats pretty silly....were they just hired purely for prospecting or promised some % share of what could be found?...if the latter then thats just bad negotiation to pay for their prospecting too.

Text book case of corruption in my opinion... Someone should investigate upon this.

It wasnt done on exxon mobil dime? Thats pretty silly....were they just hired purely for prospecting or promised some % share of what could be found?...if the latter then thats just bad negotiation to pay for their prospecting too.
GoP is famous for stupid morning decisions! another jewel in the crown for Pakistan!

I think exxmobil also paid for the exploration. We paid $15 millions.

I think exxmobil also paid for the exploration. We paid $15 millions.
If we had find the oil reserves we would be jumping by now. Exxon mobil use satelite image and you all know the story. It's peanuts $15 million even if we paid for such drilling.

We can pay $4 billion for metro crap train and then keep it's loses for years to come in maintenance but can't spend $15 million with the hope that we may find the oil reserves that is by big companies like exxon mobil.

Just think if we have use this $4 billion metro in finding the reserves in Pakistan for oil and gas. I am sure we would have found by now it's just my thinking could be wrong but countries built in night due to find of the one single big reserve oil.

ISLAMABAD: The results of four-month offshore drilling at Indus G-Block called Kekra-I off the Karachi coast shows a good quality hydrocarbon reservoir, but unfortunately, these are water wet without any gas effect, said Petroleum Division in a statement on Sunday.

On Friday, PM’s Special Assistant on Petroleum Nadeem Babar announced that offshore drilling in Kekra-I well has been stopped owing to no oil reserves.

Amid much hype, Pakistan was hopeful of finding large oil and gas reserves in its territorial waters in the Arabian Sea.

The prime minister, on numerous occasions, said he was still hopeful that Pakistan would discover major gas reserves in offshore drilling being carried out in the Arabian Sea.

The prime minister asked the nation to offer special prayers so that the expectations attached to the drilling project come true. Imran Khan said, if found, the gas reserves would be enough to meet Pakistan’s needs for the next 50 years.

According to former CEO of Oil and Gas Development Authority (OGDCL) Pervaiz Akmal, this would be some 14/15th off-shore oil and gas exploration well that turns out dry, after familiar wishful speculations by people at the helm of affairs.

“It’s so sad that we still continue leaping into these multi-million dollar exercises, almost blindfolded, often to facilitate lucrative businesses for multi-national and local private companies, with deep-rooted vested interests at home and abroad,” he said.

In a comment on the involvement of Exxon and other companies, he said the “idling Italian deep sea drilling rig got a lucrative business, and both ENI and Exxon would go home laughing is no secret”.

“It’s OGDCL & PPL [Pakistan Petroleum Limited] which have paid through their nose.

He said the energy blues of Pakistan would continue, both on and offshore, unless it corrects the direction and intent with utmost sincerity.

Kekra exploration, a joint venture of four oil exploration companies completed the offshore drilling process after four months on May 15.

PakistanToday
14 HOURS AGO

Sallu Miyan, the thing is very simple IK should have kept him mouth shut till there were actual results.

The drilling hasn't even completed yet .. everyone relax and sit back

PakistanToday
14 HOURS AGO

It's a pity more and more people in my country are an easy victim to a psyop.
You kids completely lack the understanding of how off shore drilling works, and then get taken on for a ride by those who want to manipulate information to make you lose hopes.

There are effin oil and gas reserves in the Arabian Sea next to the coast of Pakistan, it's just about drilling in the right place and it often takes almost 40 - 60 drillings before one hits the right spot and depth.
We have only done 18 so far.

Now stop being pitiful idiots please and let those who know how things work do what they know must be done, and wait for their official statement.

All ex OGDC bullshit, and my contact this and my contact that kind of bullshit needs to stop.
I wonder what would be the average IQ of most of the members we have here on this forum, and if that is even a representation of the avg IQ of the nation, because our people as a whole are a lot more optimistic than the pessimistic dumb folk I keep seeing here on this platform...

P.S: Stop effin linking or taking hints from youtube videos which are solely made to make money, and by saying something controversial or in favor of an important topic, they make tons of money, and same is true for the media we have.

Its.been said 50 meter they will still drill. Dont know why they will drill more for 50 meter now.

what is wrong with paying Exxon Mobil ? $15 million is not a huge amount. Exxon Mobil is about as good as it gets

Bro this block had 4 JV partners with 25% share each and expenses are going to be distributed accordingly ...

Dont put too much attention to media as they know shit

Back
Top Bottom