What's new

Ex CEO of OGDC comments regaridng offshore Oil n Gas drilling

Sallu Miyan, the thing is very simple IK should have kept him mouth shut till there were actual results.
We have found reserves just as much as big as I.Ks brain....fine example of stunted growth...period.

ISLAMABAD: The results of four-month offshore drilling at Indus G-Block called Kekra-I off the Karachi coast shows a good quality hydrocarbon reservoir, but unfortunately, these are water wet without any gas effect, said Petroleum Division in a statement on Sunday.

On Friday, PM’s Special Assistant on Petroleum Nadeem Babar announced that offshore drilling in Kekra-I well has been stopped owing to no oil reserves.

Amid much hype, Pakistan was hopeful of finding large oil and gas reserves in its territorial waters in the Arabian Sea.

The prime minister, on numerous occasions, said he was still hopeful that Pakistan would discover major gas reserves in offshore drilling being carried out in the Arabian Sea.

He said the nation could receive good news within two weeks.

The prime minister asked the nation to offer special prayers so that the expectations attached to the drilling project come true. Imran Khan said, if found, the gas reserves would be enough to meet Pakistan’s needs for the next 50 years.

According to former CEO of Oil and Gas Development Authority (OGDCL) Pervaiz Akmal, this would be some 14/15th off-shore oil and gas exploration well that turns out dry, after familiar wishful speculations by people at the helm of affairs.

“It’s so sad that we still continue leaping into these multi-million dollar exercises, almost blindfolded, often to facilitate lucrative businesses for multi-national and local private companies, with deep-rooted vested interests at home and abroad,” he said.

In a comment on the involvement of Exxon and other companies, he said the “idling Italian deep sea drilling rig got a lucrative business, and both ENI and Exxon would go home laughing is no secret”.

“It’s OGDCL & PPL [Pakistan Petroleum Limited] which have paid through their nose.

He said the energy blues of Pakistan would continue, both on and offshore, unless it corrects the direction and intent with utmost sincerity.

Kekra exploration, a joint venture of four oil exploration companies completed the offshore drilling process after four months on May 15.

PakistanToday
TAGS:Kekra-1Oil ReservoirWater Wet
14 HOURS AGO

This. Is an outright wrong statement coming from a person who once held such a high post in OGDC shows how incompetent OGDC must be...

ENI and exxon paid half the money...

They would be happy to pay all... But than will keep most of what they find... Nothing wrong with arrangement...

Exxon has been biggest company of Usa for more than a century.... Mike Pompeo and Bolton were ex executives

Do you think they give 2 hoots about meagerly 7 million dollars??? and none of companies owns the rig it was rented

Last but not least...

We need to dig more not less...

Norway found reserves in sea on 84th dig... We are at 17

By the way they have found oil...
They need to study composition and size of reservoir... Our media is playing wrong news as usuall

https://timesofislamabad.com/19-May...ound-at-offshore-drilling-kekra-1?version=amp

Last edited:
Sometimes I felt that we here on pdf know more than these CEO, expert etc about drilling in kekra.

Sometimes I felt that we here on pdf know more than these CEO, expert etc about drilling in kekra.
We definitely don't know more, but we have common sense and these CEOs are politically motivated and have hidden agendas so we need not to accept something which do not reconcile with basics

You can say that I will never accept that 2+2=5 even if PhD mathematics tells me that

We definitely don't know more, but we have common sense and these CEOs are politically motivated and have hidden agendas so we need not to accept something which do not reconcile with basics

You can say that I will never accept that 2+2=5 even if PhD mathematics tells me that

According to former CEO of Oil and Gas Development Authority (OGDCL) Pervaiz Akmal, this would be some 14/15th off-shore oil and gas exploration well that turns out dry, after familiar wishful speculations by people at the helm of affairs.

The above one is saying it is 14/15th off shore but all media and others saying it was 18th and it was 2nd drilling in kekra 1 region. So what is correct.

The above one is saying it is 14/15th off shore but all media and others saying it was 18th and it was 2nd drilling in kekra 1 region. So what is correct.
Sorry I don't know the exact no. of drills.

Its.been said 50 meter they will still drill. Dont know why they will drill more for 50 meter now.

Yes, "Don't Know".
Can you accept that reality and not comment on something you "Don't Know" instead of being all PHD around it when you guys want to give out an opinion?

Wait for them to tell you what's going on. How hard does that have to be?

Yes, "Don't Know".
Can you accept that reality and not comment on something you "Don't Know" instead of being all PHD around it when you guys want to give out an opinion?

Wait for them to tell you what's going on. How hard does that have to be?

Ok that what I already accept it that I dont know although I do know but how on forum you will stay away by not giving your opinion on the thread? What is the point of this thread then? You read and give out comment.

Its 17th drill...

Former ceo of ogdc does not know the exact number as well

what is wrong with paying Exxon Mobil ? $15 million is not a huge amount. Exxon Mobil is about as good as it gets

Yes I thought the amount was lot larger and was just done purely on speculation.

Media noise basically.

Ok that what I already accept it that I dont know although I do know but how on forum you will stay away by not giving your opinion on the thread? What is the point of this thread then? You read and give out comment.

Opinions don;t always have to be " I don't know" but I'll act as if I do.
Opinions can be, I think this "might" be, this "can" be, and "perhaps" there is a different explanation to it.

Opinions don;t always have to be " I don't know" but I'll act as if I do.
Opinions can be, I think this "might" be, this "can" be, and "perhaps" there is a different explanation to it.

You said wait for govt words right.on this so i said ok waiting, and what I know that they will not say anything more. But question still remains where it was why they are drilling further more if good quality reserve found but those are water wet. I dont know also meant that quote me if any one of reader has any info about drilling process is this norm practice or a special case scenario but yeah keep following what is dont know and what is know lecture.

Back
Top Bottom