What's new

Europe coronavirus cases and deaths

As regards the trend mate, probably no as NHS England has been changing the way they counted numbers since Wednesday.
So we had around 80 deaths announced on Tuesday, 40 something on Wednesday and 115 yesterday.
It looks like it has held steady at 80ish for last 3 days with just the way they are counting accounting for the widely fluctuating numbers of the dead.

My mathematics (what do I know about this I know!) suggests that if the trend continues then the capacity will just about be able to keep up with patients.
Excel will open next week with 500 beds and gradually expand to 4000 over the coming months.
Government and Army as you say already in plans to convert sites in Birmingham and other cities to temp hospitals.

I think as long as Dysons, Smith's and Penlon are able to deliver as scheduled on the planned ventilators then NHS will be just about able to cope but as Chief Medical Officer says, it will be a close run thing.

Lastly do not forget 1200 ICU beds and the qualified doctors, nurses and other medical professionals are joining the battle next week from the private sector.:-)

Yeah also doctors and nurses who were in their final year and were finishing their placements have been told to work as placements have been cancelled. Have one in the family who has given last exams in January but was required as per his coursework to complete a few hundred hours of placement work to graduate.

This is now postponed and they have sent letters to there people, I think the number was upwards of 10000 to go into frontline work and man the ER and other wards. They are then pushing experienced staff from ER and other wards to Coronavirus specific wards.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200326-france-reports-new-spike-of-365-daily-coronavirus-deaths

"French health authorities reported 365 new deaths from coronavirus on Thursday, taking the total to 1,696. A 16-year-old girl was among them, making her France's youngest-ever person to die from the virus"

@Vergennes

What an absolute tragedy of hundreds of lives that were taken before their time in a single day.

:(

Especially more sad when you see this virus taking the lives of 16 year old children.

On a more positive note, European co-operation is ramping up. As well as French patients, Germany is starting to take sick Italians into their hospitals.

A MIT research suggests that it is a possibility that COVID19 must have not much affect on countries where the weather is above 20 degree celsius. Europe still has temperature below 10 in some countries. It can be because of that the casualties are high in US and European countries.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200326-france-reports-new-spike-of-365-daily-coronavirus-deaths

"French health authorities reported 365 new deaths from coronavirus on Thursday, taking the total to 1,696. A 16-year-old girl was among them, making her France's youngest-ever person to die from the virus"

@Vergennes

What an absolute tragedy of hundreds of lives that were taken before their time in a single day.

:(

Especially more sad when you see this virus taking the lives of 16 year old children.

On a more positive note, European co-operation is ramping up. As well as French patients, Germany is starting to take sick Italians into their hospitals.

Sadly,we are following the same trend as Italy and Spain,we are just few days/weeks a part. Today in Italy nearly 1000 people died... :(

Sadly,we are following the same trend as Italy and Spain,we are just few days/weeks a part. Today in Italy nearly 1000 people died... :(

This is really painful and sad to see people dying like this.May Almighty have mercy on us.

Netherlands we have getting day by day more deads and sick, lock down will be next week. ICU is getting full so we will face problems. Italy 919 people dead, France is not sharing the number anymore so ther is big problems going on. I think USA will be the worst of all the countries, they are hitting the 100k. God help us all.

France is not sharing the number anymore so ther is big problems going on.

It does every days. But later than Italy.

Cases : 32.964 (+3.809)
Deaths : 1.995 (+299)
Hospitalized : 15.732 (+1.828)
Persons in ICU : 3.787 (+412)
Recovered : 5.700 (+750)

It does every days. But later than Italy.

Cases : 32.964 (+3.809)
Deaths : 1.995 (+299)
Hospitalized : 15.732 (+1.828)
Persons in ICU : 3.787 (+412)
Recovered : 5.700 (+750)

299 more deaths last 24 hours in France.
Only glimmer of hope is that it was less than yesterday but still a massive tragedy at nearly 300 deaths in one day.

Nearly 200 died in UK in last 24 hours.

Italy at nearly 1000 dead in single day is unbelievable and we can only hope that we can avoid the same fate now.

Mankind is being brought to it's knees by mother nature.

299 more deaths last 24 hours in France.
Only glimmer of hope is that it was less than yesterday but still a massive tragedy at nearly 300 deaths in one day.

Nearly 200 died in UK in last 24 hours.

Italy at nearly 1000 dead in single day is unbelievable and we can only hope that we can avoid the same fate now.

Mankind is being brought to it's knees by mother nature.

Wow. Are you the same guy bragging how BD and India were ahead of everyone. Here you are singing an entirely different tune.

Wow. Are you the same guy bragging how BD and India were ahead of everyone. Here you are singing an entirely different tune.

No as the context of the conversation is totally different here.

My point is that BD and India can survive economically through this crisis and will do everything in their power to fight the virus. We will not give up and say we are helpless like some.

No as the context of the conversation is totally different here.

My point is that BD and India can survive economically through andt crisis will do everything in their power to fight the virus. We will not give up and say we are helpless.

No, no. You were trolling in that other topic. This is absolutely a 360 how are you are behaving in this topic.

Back
Top Bottom