What's new

Europe coronavirus cases and deaths

Very disappointing that 87 people died in the UK yesterday but the rate of infection decreased though.

London is around 2 weeks ahead of rest of UK, as that is the epicentre of the outbreak in the UK and so a 4000 bed temporary hospital will open up next week with an initial 500 beds. Over the next couple of months it will be expanded to it's full 4000 bed capacity.

UK may open up other massive temporary hospitals like this all over the UK if it looks like they may be required.

Does France have similar plans like UK or done similar?

Last edited:
Very disappointing that 87 people died in the UK yesterday but the rate of infection decreased though.

London is around 2 weeks ahead of rest of UK, as that is the epicentre of the outbreak in the UK and so a 4000 bed temporary hospital will open up next week with an initial 500 beds. Over the next couple of months it will be expanded to it's full 4000 bed capacity.

UK may open up other massive temporary hospitals like this all over the UK if it looks like they may be required.

Does France have similar plans like UK or done similar?

The most important things right now are intensive care beds with ventilators. France has 7000 of them of which about ~1800 are currently occupied by people in serious conditions linked to the coronavirus.

A makeshift military hospital with 30 intensive care beds with ventilators is being built in eastern France,one of the most affected region.

3KvEczg.jpg

For now I don't think i've read about plans to open massive temporary hospitals because the situation is still (for how long...) under control. Right now armed forces are easing the strains on hospitals by transfering patients to other hospitals all over the country. Either by air or by sea. There's even going to be medicalised TGVs for this task.

The most important things right now are intensive care beds with ventilators. France has 7000 of them of which about ~1800 are currently occupied by people in serious conditions linked to the coronavirus.

A makeshift military hospital with 30 intensive care beds with ventilators is being built in eastern France,one of the most affected region.

View attachment 617166

For now I don't think i've read about plans to open massive temporary hospitals because the situation is still (for how long...) under control. Right now armed forces are easing the strains on hospitals by transfering patients to other hospitals all over the country. Either by air or by sea. There's even going to be medicalised TGVs for this task.

Germany has around 30,000 ICU beds and I hear they are treating some French patients in their hospitals and so good to hear of solidarity there.

Hope that French planners have already made plans for massively expanding capacity should the need arise as France has now passed 1000 deaths and could be on the same trajectory as Italy and Spain.

In the UK as an example, one of two firms that make ventilators will produce 5000 of them over the next 2 weeks to equip facilities such as the new 4000 bed temporary hospital and the government here thinks that 30,000 ICU beds will be needed over the coming months.

Last edited:
Spain requests aid from NATO to combat coronavirus, Spanish govt is asking for testing kits, ventilators, protective gear from the allies...

The answer of NATO should be: “We understand the concerns of our ally Spain and we support the right to self-defence.”

meanwhile in Italy

Last edited:
Germany has around 30,000 ICU beds and I hear they are treating some French patients in their hospitals and so good to hear of solidarity there.

Hope that French planners have already made plans for massively expanding capacity should the need arise as France has now passed 1000 deaths and could be on the same trajectory as Italy and Spain.

In the UK as an example, one of two firms that make ventilators will produce 5000 of them over the next 2 weeks to equip facilities such as the new 4000 bed temporary hospital and the government here thinks that 30,000 ICU beds will be needed over the coming months.

Number of ICU beds per 100,000 in few selected countries.

21152.jpeg

Number of ICU beds per 100,000 in few selected countries.

View attachment 617182

The graph nicely explains why UK is rushing to put the 4000 bed temporary hospital into operation by next week.
France has twice the number of ICU beds as the UK and so has more time.

Pleasantly surprised at the high number of ICU beds in the USA and I pray that anyone that needs treatment gets it no matter what their ability to pay via health insurance or outright cash is.

@KAL-EL
@Hamartia Antidote

Guys do you know what will happen to sick Corona patients in USA who do not have any health insurance and have no other means to pay? Has the US government made any contingency plans for them?

I don't understand why Russia is sending aid to other countries when they themselves are not testing enough. Puts into perspective Russian priorities, foreigners over their own citizens.

I don't understand why Russia is sending aid to other countries when they themselves are not testing enough. Puts into perspective Russian priorities, foreigners over their own citizens.

Russia took action quicker than any other European country and so seems to have contained it better than others like Italy and Spain.

They have obviously done something right as they have only one death out of a population of nearly 150 million.

There is no harm in Russia sending a tiny amount of it's medical resources that are lying idle to help severely affected countries like Italy.

Russia took action quicker than any other European country and so seems to have contained it better than others like Italy and Spain.

They have obviously done something right as they have only one death out of a population of nearly 150 million.

There is no harm in Russia sending a tiny amount of it's medical resources that are lying idle to help severely affected countries like Italy.

I highly doubt Russia has this under control, they just recently implemented social distancing and shelter in place protocols. If you do a quick search you'll find many doctors in Russia claiming higher deaths from phenomena than usual and they admit that the government is not testing nearly as much as it should.

Russia has tight border control. They don't allow immigrants in. So they have no cases of virus.

I think end of the week Italy will surprass China with total cases above 81000. They are so far 74000. Every day average of 600 deads, thats a lot of. And Spain looks not good, they will face the same. And our little country Netherlands begins produce more sick and deads, not like the neighbours but for a small country is it much. The southside of our country is epidemic center with a lot of cases. Today deads rised to 80 and it will only increase. So for the IC can handle it but it will fail. Every new cases means amount of patient who needs IC.

Good luck everyone and watch out.

Spain requests aid from NATO to combat coronavirus, Spanish govt is asking for testing kits, ventilators, protective gear from the allies...

The answer of NATO should be: “We understand the concerns of our ally Spain and we support the right to self-defence.”

Tomorrow cavusoglu will have a phone call with stoltenberg, I really hope that he brings that "toughts and prayers" stuff up.

Back
Top Bottom