What's new

Eurofighter Typhoon to Oman in $4.1b deal

12 typhoons , is a bit low is it not 120

MAY BE ITS A "TYPHO"........ on

They sure picked a great name for this bird lol should have called it

Collosal waste of Arab money

Arab Pays Money , UK builds its own planes makes 80-90 planes and then gives 2 planes to arabs with Arab money ...

They did this trick before too .. I think they charged Ottomans money to build them frigates and then used the money to build their own Army and then confiscated vessels for Turkish

I remember reading about this story (fact really) ..

Very interesting story , back then British and French hated each other , and some how there was some issue with alliance , and poor Ottomans , formed alliance with british or something like that
so british promised to make ships for their "friends" and later they backstabbed and sunk all Ottoman ships and the new ones they kept these for themselves ...

All the "Ships" use to pay taxes to Muslim Navies for Using their Territorial waters... all changed thanks to British selling "ships to Turkish" ...

Story repeats .. again ... this time ... the victim are Arabs

You need to read better next time, they never gave it because we was at war with them and it was being built before war. How can they sink their own ships? If they never gave it.

The cost may include, setting up facilities for aircraft maintenance with ample spares and training for both pilots and other ground crews. They could have gone for F16 E/F block 60.

The cost may include, setting up facilities for aircraft maintenance with ample spares and training for both pilots and other ground crews. They could have gone for F16 E/F block 60.

:no:

Now main purpose. Maximum ‘interoperability’ with other members of GCC.

Part of the peninsula shield military projects and development based on the agreement singed in 2010. All GCC military equipments from up and down will be fully integrated under the current joint command by 2018.
See also old link :

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-d...ter-typhoon-oman-4-1b-deal-3.html#post3720548

But pretty soon GCC countries will bomb each other

Qater hates Saudia , UAE is shia friendly lot of iranian people go there , Yamen does not gets along twith Saudia , Syria dislikes Saudia , Kuwait and Bahrain are big enough to be 2-3 cities big ..

Not sure what this grand alliance will mean but it will certainly be an unholy alliance

Even there are huge number of Shias in Saudia Eastern Provinces bordering the states of Qater , Bahrain etc

8 Hawks with Maintainace facility won't cost more then 400 Million Dollars....

so we are left with 3.7 Billion Dollars...

That brings the cost of Eurofighter + maintainance facility + Spare parts + weapon package to 308 Million Dollars per copy...Damm expensive...

It would have been a

But pretty soon GCC countries will bomb each other

Qater hates Saudia...

... but it will certainly be an unholy alliance

... UAE is shia friendly lot of iranian people go there ...

Even there are huge number of Shias in Saudia Eastern Provinces bordering the states of Qater , Bahrain etc

It's big joke, no doubt. :rofl:

Just for you.

Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC)

There will be many, many more wonderful surprises in the future. :devil:

Because it puts it at around $205 million per platform (4.1/20) or if one were to appreciate (as it rightly should be) the fact that the Typhoons would cost much more than those 8 Hawk air crafts, the Typhoon per plane would be well above the $205 million price tag !

What in God's name is in those platforms to justify that price tag ? :blink:

India is getting 126 Rafale's for around $15 billion thats a little over a $100 million per piece !

The F-35 B costs around $240 million per piece !

What really is in these Typhoons to cost so much ?

the deal probably also includes at least 20 years of support IF not lifetime!

12 Stinger shoulder held missiles can bring down 4.1 Billion dollar worth of spending

They cost 1 Million dollars each

Stinger_missile.jpg

I think the real problem is wastefulness .. not that the plane is bad , just I mean only 12 ?

Wait... 12 Typhoons and 8 Hawks for $ 4.1 billion!!!!!! Can anyone give me the 'break-down' of the deal? What is Oman paying per Typhoon?

Arabs ...oh Arabs ..:fie:

12 Stinger shoulder held missiles can bring down 4.1 Billion dollar worth of spending

They cost 1 Million dollars each

Stinger_missile.jpg

I think the real problem is wastefulness .. not that the plane is bad , just I mean only 12 ?

yeah but not when they're flying above 10,000 ft!
and they're not wasting anything, justbecause the details are not disclosed does not mean its "wastefull"

Back
Top Bottom