Eurofighter says Kuwait purchasing 28 warplanes

Hindustani78

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
By AFP | 12 Sep, 2015, 01.24AM IST
Eurofighter says Kuwait purchasing 28 warplanes - The Economic Times

BERLIN: Kuwait has agreed to buy 28 Typhoon warplanes, becoming the third country in the Gulf region to order the combat aircraft, the Eurofighter consortium said Friday.

Its statement did not give financial details about the deal, which was struck between Kuwait and Italy.

Eurofighter is a partnership between Italy's Finmeccanica, Britain's BAE Systems and civilian planemaker Airbus.

According to Italy's Corriere della Sera newspaper, the order was estimated to be worth between seven and eight billion euros ($8-9 billion).

"This new agreement is the confirmation of the superiority of the Eurofighter over its competitors and will provide a great opportunity for further Eurofighter orders," said Eurofighter CEO Alberto Gutierrez in the statement.

"The Eurofighter is already proven and trusted by six nations to perform in all operational environments," he added.

In the Gulf region, Eurofighter noted that Saudi Arabia and Oman already had Typhoon jets in their air force.

The deal with Kuwait represents a setback for US rival Boeing.

Kuwait had been expected to opt for Boeing's Super Hornet F18s.

The Gulf state is looking to upgrade its firepower against the backdrop of increased security concerns in the region linked to the rise of the Islamic State jihadist group.

The Eurofighter Typhoon, which first entered into service in late 2003, is Europe's largest collaborative defence programme, with the Kuwait purchase taking the number of committed orders for the aircraft to 599.

It's a great fighter, one I badly want Pakistan to consider. It's a fool's dream, though, as PAF is set on going straight to 5th gen (most likely through China, or Turkey).

It's a great fighter, one I badly want Pakistan to consider. It's a fool's dream, though, as PAF is set on going straight to 5th gen (most likely through China, or Turkey).
As if they are willing to sell you or you have any money to buy them. For the foreseeable future, we are stuck with chinese fighters. As much i love my chinese brothers, i have a hard time to not be very skeptical about their technology.

I wish even Pakistan could afford such great aircrafts, but alas it all comes down to budget. Pakistan now really needs to focus on its economy and make it grow bigger then only we can purchase something like Typhoon. We surely need some good aircrafts to be our Spearhead.

70 Typhoons
100 F-16
150 JF-17 Block lll

This is my wishlist :D

As if they are willing to sell you or you have any money to buy them. For the foreseeable future, we are stuck with chinese fighters. As much i love my chinese brothers, i have a hard time to not be very skeptical about their technology.
Actually, the Europeans would be very willing to sell the Typhoon to Pakistan, if Pakistan can afford it. The problem isn't the willingness, it's both affordability and future-proofing capability.

Actually, the Europeans would be very willing to sell the Typhoon to Pakistan, if Pakistan can afford it. The problem isn't the willingness, it's both affordability and future-proofing capability.
Seriously? Given their public mood towards countries like Pakistan, I don't think so. And those aren't some 3rd world countries where the mood of general public is not translated at the highest echelons of Power, so expect nothing but orders for "DO-MORE" against terrorism.

They also have a good amount of Indian influence, Pakistan is being isolated with each passing day. No matter what you say, but Indians are actually good at making case out of terrorism sponsored by Pakistan in their country and the sooner we do something about it, the better we get out of this isolation.

Otherwise, i fear that time would come when this policy of good-bad terrorist would leave us buried under huge sanctions. Majority of them hate us! The sooner we accept this fact and come out of the fantasy where everybody loves us because of our strategic position, the better!

Last edited:
J10c is much more suitable to our needs than Euro Fighter

BERLIN: Kuwait has agreed to buy 28 Typhoon warplanes, becoming the third country in the Gulf region to order the combat aircraft, the Eurofighter consortium said Friday.

Its statement did not give financial details about the deal, which was struck between Kuwait and Italy.

Eurofighter is a partnership between Italy's Finmeccanica, Britain's BAE Systems and civilian planemaker Airbus.

According to Italy's Corriere della Sera newspaper, the order was estimated to be worth between seven and eight billion euros ($8-9 billion).

"This new agreement is the confirmation of the superiority of the Eurofighter over its competitors and will provide a great opportunity for further Eurofighter orders," said Eurofighter CEO Alberto Gutierrez in the statement.

"The Eurofighter is already proven and trusted by six nations to perform in all operational environments," he added.

In the Gulf region, Eurofighter noted that Saudi Arabia and Oman already had Typhoon jets in their air force.

The Gulf state is looking to upgrade its firepower against the backdrop of increased security concerns in the region linked to the rise of the Islamic State jihadist group.

The Eurofighter Typhoon, which first entered into service in late 2003, is Europe's largest collaborative defence programme, with the Kuwait purchase taking the number of committed orders for the aircraft to 599.

When the KSA will make up the deal for another 72-100 EF-2000s to replace the remaining Tornadoes?

Also, when Jordan is going to go for 100 EF-2000s?

Potential buyers of Rafael and EF-2000 are Qatar and Bahrain.

I think Kuwait-KSA-Jordan-Oman will be on EF-2000 side

where as; UAE-Bahrain-Qatar will be on Rafael

PAF is going on the other way:
50+ SU-35s
50+ F-16 Block-52(May be)
100+ used F-16s Block-15
150+ JF-17s till 2022-2025

100+ JF-17s for PNAF

That includes pilot too... ;)
What ever bro these 8-9 billions that's lots of money that money can rebuild that country from scratch those money could do lot's of goods but???

also those planes will be good for at latest 15 years then they will be second line fighters since the technology is moving very fast.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom