What's new

EU warns against ban on Geo

That's talon? :lol:
Do you have a problem with something? :pop:
10402588_675269462522527_2666303815351640473_n.jpg

I was not expecting such a noob comment from you Talon , You disappoint me. :lol:
Truth does hurt, doesnt it?

Lets not ban it , boys . There are other ways and means to destroy the channel's credibility , reputation and viewer base , most of which are already at play . Now , I believe that the European Union doesn't have any law to force people to watch a channel , have they ?

Lets not ban it , boys . There are other ways and means to destroy the channel's credibility , reputation and viewer base , most of which are already at play . Now , I believe that the European Union doesn't have any law to force people to watch a channel , have they ?

You mean like a boycott by the people, or illegally blocking signals by coercion? After all, people made Geo the #1 in viewership too.

using empty threats
using human rights
and finaly

1381259276_9665h8eQxmKhaLhd4NX6_braveheart_freedom.jpg

:D

So who are these "angels" acting illegally?

Muscle defeats law, Constitution in Geo-ISI tiff - thenews.com.pk

QUOTE: "However, on the ground, the Geo network has been blocked in most parts of the country without any legal order from any authority. This situation is a mockery of the law, Constitution and legal course and has all the potential to invite international pressures and possible sanctions.

In case of any “violation” by any media house, the law prescribes certain procedures, including filing of a complaint, which have been followed in this case by the ISI through the Defence Ministry. However, without allowing the law to take its course, the Geo network in most parts of the country has been closed through coercive measures.

The law of the land and the decisions of the Supreme Court do not allow the cable operators to act as an adjudicator or arbitrarily block or shuffle the number of any channel on the cable. But in the case of Geo, it has been done without any fear of accountability.

What proof do we have for cable operators banning Geo TV in " most parts of the country " except for an allegation made by Jang Group owned The News ? Lets see some evidence because I will not ask the Nazis the image of Fuhrer .

Last edited:
What prove do we have for cable operators banning Geo TV in " most parts of the country " except for an allegation made by Jang Group owned The News ? Lets see some evidence because I will not ask the Nazis the image of Fuhrer .

Is it fair to ask for proof when the allegation is against you, but expect your allegations to be accepted without similar proof? Where is the proof against Geo showing it has done anything wrong?

Is it fair to ask for proof when the allegation is against you, but expect your allegations to be accepted without similar proof? Where is the proof against Geo showing it has done anything wrong?

The difference is that we have more than 8 hours of Geo TV's special transmission accusing ISI of carrying out the attack on Hamid Mir merely minutes after it in clear - explicit - firm language , without having any evidence whatsoever , to bring as proof here . There's not even a shadow of doubt to prove that GEO TV was doing more than repeating the journalist's word , something being used a technicality . What number or data have the channel provided for cable operators doing this ? Are we supposed to take their word ?

The difference is that we have more than 8 hours of Geo TV's special transmission accusing ISI of carrying out the attack on Hamid Mir merely minutes after it in clear - explicit - firm language , without having any evidence whatsoever , to bring as proof here . What number or data have the channel provided for cable operators doing this ? Are we supposed to take their word ?

Sir, all you have is Geo's coverage of a breaking news story. The accusations were made by the victim, not by Geo. Geo was only doing what media outlets do - cover a story.

Sir, all you have is Geo's coverage of a breaking news story. The accusations were made by the victim, not by Geo. Geo was only doing what media outlets do - cover a story.

We are back at square one then ! Let's talk when you have watched even a little of that days's happening on that TV channel . I suggest you begin by logging on YouTube.com . Let's talk when we have even something close to proof for illegal coercion responsible for blocking GEO TV , let's talk when we actually know that the channel is being blocked even in most parts of the country .

Similarly logic, other big medias like CNN or BBC does not show negative coverages on their intelligence agency by victims' emotional accusations, isn't it?

More than 8-10 hours is not good which is uncommon in Western medias.

We are back at square one then ! Let's talk when you have watched even a little of that days's happening on that TV channel . I suggest you begin by logging on YouTube.com . Let's talk when we have something close to proof for illegal coercion responsible for blocking GEO TV , let's talk when we actually know that the channel is being blocked even .

I have watched that coverage already. And lots of people are reporting that Geo is no available on cable. What is left to talk about? While this arrogant muzzling of the media may work temporarily, it will cause bigger problems. But that has never stopped the boneheaded decisions, has it, before, and won't stop now either, it seems.

I have watched that coverage already. And lots of people are reporting that Geo is no available on cable. What is left to talk about? While this arrogant muzzling of the media may work temporarily, it will cause bigger problems. But that has never stopped the boneheaded decisions, has it, before, and won't stop now either, it seems.

You should apply job in GEO TV, you will receive high salary including 2 months vacations, free house, and some foreign funds on your agenda, go ahead man.

So it didn't go beyond reporting the victim's past statement for you ? Interesting , very interesting I must say . Yet it doesn't seem like that to almost all people here , you have talked to a few in this thread even . Maybe , you just haven't looked closely or let bias cloud your judgement , mate . What do we mean by lots of people ? There's every reason to talk about the next allegation by the media group , We would like to see numbers / data / evidence or all of them before believing that it is already happening . Fair ?

So it didn't go beyond reporting the victim's past statement for you ? Interesting , very interesting I must say . Yet it doesn't seem like that to almost all people here , you have talked to a few in this thread even . Maybe , you just haven't looked closely or let bias cloud your judgement , mate . What do we mean by lots of people ? There's every reason to talk about the next allegation by the media group , We would like to see numbers / data / evidence or all of them before believing that it is already happening . Fair ?

The fair thing is for due process to complete first. Let PEMRA decide about the coverage, and let the inquiry into the allegations made by the victim complete. Let the "angels" not go further with their illegal acts in coercive blockage of the signals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom