What's new

EU warns against ban on Geo

Now i am curious. Why is opinion over here thrown aside by saying you are not from the lower class so you dont understand and dont portray the true reality since you have a net even though you can a good PTCL 1 MB net worth of 399 student package and pretty much everyone has it. Its a nation where mobiles most probably outnumber people and even a peon has three.

on top of it all i seriously doubt EU would remove the status. In srilanka it was due to human rights voilations. This is banning a news channel in a country which has multiple news channel. The case against Geo is bcz of blasphemy event and treason. If Pemra says that such a channel is spreading lies and is doing treason then it can revoke the channels license. EU has no say in this.
After all i am pretty sure if someone says Anti uk stuff or Anti EU stuff or Anti american stuff then they would be punished under treason laws and if those countries have blasphemy laws too then they would be punished according to them also as laws are there to stop such events.
Well we saw Snowden hit fame and then died out ...that is about as much as "freedom" there can be
EU has no authority to stop us or tell us anything on this matter. Freedom of speech is allowed as long as its not against ones religion,culture,race or country.
Well that clause is even in EU...someone just needs to dig it out and slam it in EU's faces!

News of the World was not closed down because of any controversial views it might have printed. It was found guilty of illegal cellphone hacking, in a court of law following due process. Nothing of the sort has been proven against Geo.
so somewhere in the law , unauthorized phone tapping and making news out of it and blackmailing the people is considered illegal? hmm got you

there is another thing that causes people to resign when they are found to be abusing their power, running a smear campaign and normally there is litigation and hefty fines...?

apart from what individuals and organisations have had to suffer at the hand of this very powerful media group, recently it did a double tap on its own foot by maligning ISI chief and presenting an accusation as a fact and news and also insulting our religious beliefs in its morning show. thats enough to justify the actions against Geo.

legalities aside, people in general have taken a stand already and thats our freedom of expression.

works both way? yes? no... ? hmmm?

how About blackmailing Imran Khan? is that also freedom of expression?

Is that why Pakistan was running around pleading for GSP + status? If it was beneficial for the EU wouldn't it give tax free status to every country :woot:
are you going to the protest march in Delhi at the Pakistani conciliate in support of Geo?

Last edited:
so somewhere in the law , unauthorized phone tapping and making news out of it and blackmailing the people is considered illegal? hmm got you

there is another thing that causes people to resign when they are found to be abusing their power, running a smear campaign and normally there is litigation and hefty fines...?

apart from what individuals and organisations have had to suffer at the hand of this very powerful media group, recently it did a double tap on its own foot by maligning ISI chief and presenting an accusation as a fact and news and also insulting our religious beliefs in its morning show. thats enough to justify the actions against Geo.

legalities aside, people in general have taken a stand already and thats our freedom of expression.

works both way? yes? no... ? hmmm?

how About blackmailing Imran Khan? is that also freedom of expression?............

Where is the legal proof for these allegations that you are making Sir?

What does "maligning the ISI Chief" mean exactly? Reporting on a story where a shot journalist made accusations? Accusations against the ISI targeting journalists are well known around the world. Do you remember Saleem Shehzad? What is the "insult to religious beliefs" that you claim? Other channels aired the same qawali, but that is let go as mere "reporting"? See how that works? Why not go after the poet and singers first? Or those who held the function to begin with? Why make Geo the target to fit an agenda? If anyone is blackmailing IK, then let him lodge a complaint with the Police and have the matter investigated properly.

Legalities cannot and should not be set aside. All the people can do is to switch off or change channels. Yes, that is their right. But then, Geo is a large media outlet that is still popular despite illegal acts being perpetrated against it.

Well we saw Snowden hit fame and then died out ...that is about as much as "freedom" there can be
Well that clause is even in EU...someone just needs to dig it out and slam it in EU's faces!

someone seems is taking it seriously.

Twitter - Search - http---defence.pk-threads-eu-warns-against-ban-on-geo.315116-.png

Where is the legal proof for these allegations that you are making Sir?

What does "maligning the ISI Chief" mean exactly? What is the "insult to religious beliefs" that you claim? If anyone is blackmailing IK, then let him lodge a complaint with the Police and have the matter investigated properly.
1. maligning the ISI chief means, running an 8 hour nonstop transmission with his picture as if he is a confirmed and convicted
not a suspect. I cant be any clearer that that. defamation is an english word and has very regular application in the west.

2. the choice of camera shots by Geo and the wording is what is objectionable.

lets pick up a deity of any major religion and then continue to show shoes, trash, and other filth and recite the names of some deity or their sacred text and then hope that the followers will find it funny and amusing? once again maybe on certain late night channels where everything goes but not in Pakistan yet.

3. its not anyone but Geo who is blackmailing Imran. Geo never went to police to file an FIR against ISI, to date they havent but decided to use their media to continue with their tirade. please dont disappoint me by justifying that. I know you are better than that and trust me, seeing anything wrong with this wont taint you with being an ISI / Pak Mil tout.

hopefully Imran's complaint will be heard and he will get the justice and like Rebecca Brooks (former Sun newspaper top lady) Geo management will also face the courts and if ISI and our faith is fair game for Geo and its western financiers then at least we would have a clear case of blackmail here which shouldnt make any western bleeding heart miss his afternoon snack.

Why EU banned Iranian media if EU is all for freedom of expression ???

because they are the sons of a motherless goat

1. maligning the ISI chief means, running an 8 hour nonstop transmission with his picture as if he is a confirmed and convicted
not a suspect. I cant be any clearer that that. defamation is an english word and has very regular application in the west.

2. the choice of camera shots by Geo and the wording is what is objectionable.

lets pick up a deity of any major religion and then continue to show shoes, trash, and other filth and recite the names of some deity or their sacred text and then hope that the followers will find it funny and amusing? once again maybe on certain late night channels where everything goes but not in Pakistan yet.

3. its not anyone but Geo who is blackmailing Imran. Geo never went to police to file an FIR against ISI, to date they havent but decided to use their media to continue with their tirade. please dont disappoint me by justifying that. I know you are better than that and trust me, seeing anything wrong with this wont taint you with being an ISI / Pak Mil tout.

hopefully Imran's complaint will be heard and he will get the justice and like Rebecca Brooks (former Sun newspaper top lady) Geo management will also face the courts and if ISI and our faith is fair game for Geo and its western financiers then at least we would have a clear case of blackmail here which shouldnt make any western bleeding heart miss his afternoon snack.

Okay, fair enough. Please purse a proper legal venue to prove these allegations and objections, rather than a trial by mob mentality.

Okay, fair enough. Please purse a proper legal venue to prove these allegations and objections, rather than a trial by mob mentality.

thanks VC

its the gift of 21 century magnified by social and professional media outlets

army has already left it to PEMRA..

and we people have already decided to show our distaste and disregard the existence of Geo.

I seriously want this ban to become reality and all pakistani stuff to be banned . This will give Indian export some boost .

And then these same people will cry here . How easy it is to say Go fck yourself Eu, Lick arse , ect ... but when reality comes from the window with pain and suffering then you do the same which is to Lick the boots of the West for money .

thanks VC

its the gift of 21 century magnified by social and professional media outlets

army has already left it to PEMRA..

and we people have already decided to show our distaste and disregard the existence of Geo.

The complaint to PEMRA and expressions of distaste are absolutely okay.

Welcome to the 21st century, where banning Geo will not achieve anything beneficial, due to the ever present means of communications that are now available. It is high time to learn to play the communications war better rather than whine or complain.

The complaint to PEMRA and expressions of distaste are absolutely okay.

Welcome to the 21st century, where banning Geo will not achieve anything beneficial, due to the ever present means of communications that are now available. It is high time to learn to play the communications war better rather than whine or complain.
Whose whining or complaining...we are getting rid of them based on something they did, have been doing and will continue to do if action was not taken... it seems like a prick to EU though...

I seriously want this ban to become reality and all pakistani stuff to be banned . This will give Indian export some boost .

And then these same people will cry here . How easy it is to say Go fck yourself Eu, Lick arse , ect ... but when reality comes from the window with pain and suffering then you do the same which is to Lick the boots of the West for money .
1st and last bold sentences reeks of jealousy?

same people as in the Indians? I agree...Something happens in Pakistan or to Pakistan a bunch of them open PDF and cry!!

Back
Top Bottom