What's new

EU Plans To Sell Eurofighter (Typhoon) To Pakistan Through Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good but I think it will take a very long time.

sancho..than why 126 for $10 billion something offer to India? your estimates are flawed..i would say 36 rafale = around $3.8 billion..
with upgrades and AESA JF-17 price might go up well to $26M

sancho..than why 126 for $10 billion something offer to India? your estimates are flawed..i would say 36 rafale = around $3.8 billion..
with upgrades and AESA JF-17 price might go up well to $26M

Higher numbers = less costs, lower numbers = higher costs!

SAO PAULO (AFP) - Brazil is going through with the purchase of 36 Rafale fighter jets from France after maker Dassault lopped two billion dollars off their price.

The total deal is worth 10.2 billion dollars, including 6.2 billion dollars for the fighters themselves -- down from a previous figure of 8.2 billion -- and four billion for maintenance over the next three decades, the newspaper Folha de S. Paulo reported Thursday.

Saab's Brazil fighter jet deal is slipping

As you can see, the system price for 36 x Rafale F3, with maintenance for several years is now down to at least $10,2 billions!
And as I stated before, the system price for 96 x Rafale F2 for Saudi Arabia was only $8 billions.
India will at least buy 126 fighters with several more optional and if F18SH, or Rafale wins, even 40+ for IN could be ordered.

Again if you take these numbers to account and add some more because EF is more expensive than Rafale, you must expect system costs of possibly up to $12 billions for the same number of EFs.

$3,8 billion is totally unrealistic, I mean wasn't the price for 36 x F16 B52 even $3 billions?

well i dont think so EF will cost of 36 to 10 billion ur info is very wrong we need 10 ef enough

what how can pakistan afford this ? lol this is just too good to be true eurofighter is a wet dream for the paf.

sancho..highly unlikely to me its an attractive market therefore price tag has been lower still parties are making money from 126 deal yet India regardless of whatever it selects will spend more on training and other costs..
$3.8 billion for 36 rafale is very realistic...

will it be good for PAF or just for enhancing its fleets. ?

J10B's is the best choice Pakistan have under such circumstances

I think EU is going to making of Unman vehicle (New generation fighter without man) therefore they are trying to sell those get money and launch their new project.

Europeans they spend 5 dollars, and grow a small apple and then they save 1000+ apples in their storage, then they sell 5 apples to Muslims , and then they charge 20 dollars

Muslims get their deliveries of the 5 apples in 10 years time

Mean while the europeans go on to grow oranges , its a simple logic they use ...

On other hand they do not purchase anything more then 2 cents from Muslims , and they have been doing this since Ottoman empire days , so that Muslims never had any financial stability.

The only problem now is that Chinese and Russians are selling Muslims apples for 1$ , and they also but stuff from Muslims for 2-3$

So that is why some countries need to put sanctions to punish allies of china/russia like iran

doesn't make sense.....are you trying to say that EDAS should sell Typhoon at 60 Mio if lets say the cost is 50 Mio (which is definately higher)....look there are a lot of factors that dictate price now...........let me give you some....1) is the developmental cost......2) the labor wage rate......3) inflation (what we refer as Purchasing Power Pairity or PPP and importantly the FX rate.....now just conside june where the EUR was peaking against USD at 1.6....thanks to Greek Debt Crisis.....EUR is now at 1.3 so typhoon would be almost 19% cheaper for USD holders now (if the current FX rate is locked in contract)...another thing is that EUR area is in low inflation regime (CPI 1.0% YoY)...as compared to Asian economies lets say Pakistan (CPI 12% YoY).....so Typhoon will be costlier for Asia and J-10 will be Cheaper for Europe.....so there are too many directions now which dictate the price...just told a few out of these

only way to bring down the price for PAF is to float a joint order by Saudia, Pakistan and turkey... in the way the number may even go as high as somewhere around 150!!!
we know Saudia is intrested in buying some 72 pplanes.
now if we another 72 atleast will be jointly ordereed by PAF and Turkish air force!!
this will be a huge order and is bound to bring the cost down.. may be we could get TOPT and produce them in turkey further binging the cost down..
in sch large orders there will be lots of points to play with!!

only way to bring down the price for PAF is to float a joint order by Saudia, Pakistan and turkey... in the way the number may even go as high as somewhere around 150!!!
C'mon!!!!! enough of this theory........why would turkey be interested in Typhoon when they have the oppertunity of JSF.....
On July 11, 2002 Turkey became a Level 3 partner of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) development program, and on January 25, 2007, Turkey officially joined the production phase of the JSF program, agreeing to initially purchase 116 F-35A Lightning II aircraft
bye bye to typhoon....

May be some money that we gain from sale of the JF17 Thunder can be used to get 20 Euro Fighters in our arsenel for forward positions across strategic locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom