What's new

Ethnic Mao people gather at China-Vietnam border fence have family get-togethers during the Lunar New year holidays

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Ethnic Mao people gather at China-Vietnam border fence have family get-togethers during the Lunar New year holidays

Miao people live in both China and Vietnam, many families are divided by the border, on the Lunar new year, families gather together on both sides of the border fence to have a family get-together and celebrate with families and friends on the other side of the border fence. Many cried cause they haven't seen their families on the other side of the fence for 3 years due to the covid lockdowns.

The video was filmed from the Vietnam's side of the fence

Last edited:
"Lunar New Year" or "Chinese New Year"? There is one more subtle reason why white man is adamant is calling "Lunar". Lunar has implicit meaning of crazy -- which we got lunatic, Lunar new year = crazy new year.

Even if we want diversity, I suggest China and all East Asian standardized it to "East Asian New Year".

Vietnam call their new year Tet Nguyen Dan 節元旦

Miao people live in both China and Vietnam, many families are divided by the border, on the Lunar new year, families gather together on both sides of the border fence to have a family get-together and celebrate with families and friends on the other side of the border fence. Many cried cause they haven't seen their families on the other side of the fence for 3 years due to the covid lockdowns.

The video was filmed from the Vietnam's side of the fence

Looks to me like high security prisons

"Lunar New Year" or "Chinese New Year"? There is one more subtle reason why white man is adamant is calling "Lunar". Lunar has implicit meaning of crazy -- which we got lunatic, Lunar new year = crazy new year.

Even if we want diversity, I suggest China and all East Asian standardized it to "East Asian New Year".

Vietnam call their new year Tet Nguyen Dan 節元旦
Not really

First thing that comes to my mind with Lunar is the moon, not crazy or lunatic

The Pla will shoot everyone who trespass the wired fences. Chinese consider Vietnamese as Mexicans.

Not really

First thing that comes to my mind with Lunar is the moon, not crazy or lunatic

Lunar is indeed moon but it carries connotation of crazy. Because every culture seems to observe that during full moon, crime rate increase, nutiness flare up. Hence white man call mad man lunatic.

Maybe we should not extrapolate that much and be so petty.

On the other hand, Chinese New Year is the most authentic name. This is a Chinese New Year that all other East Asian borrowed.

In that case, why not call it East Asian New Year to be inclusive.

The Pla will shoot everyone who trespass the wired fences. Chinese consider Vietnamese as Mexicans.
Nonsense, people can travel pretty easily through some border gates, but not many border gates are available along the long borderline, so people just convenietly meet at the border fence.

Nonsense, people can travel pretty easily through some border gates, but not many border gates are available along the long borderline, so people just convenietly meet at the border fence.
Ah come, no need to sugaring. you do erect bar wire fencing because you want to block poor illegal immigrants from Vietnam. Very regrettable.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom