What's new

China and Vietnam have a shared future and are “comrades and brothers",President Xi Jinping says in Lunar New Year note to fellow communist leader

If only if it is that simple, but since it is not that simple, you resorted to war, or at least a border dispute, and found yourselves wanting. Now, all you have to do is try maybe harder to convince the Viets that their country is a Chinese state. Can you do that without resorting to violence?
I do not particularly have a preference as to what Vietnamese want. I am of course happy if Vietnamese want to share in Chinese culture, but if some Viets want to hold on to old hate then what can anyone do?

But, if China opened long term immigration from Vietnam, I bet many would take the deal. Many Vietnamese have affinity for Chinese culture. Vietnamese language is already spoken in China by Kinh ethnics. Kinh in China still maintain traditional Vietnamese culture and write chū Hán instead of the Latin alphabet imposed by French imperialists.

As a Vietnamese, I advise you to abandon that idea. It is dangerous for China.

Chinese society is being fragmented by a lot of white people, middle east, south america, indian... and now you have the idea to open up china to welcome vietnamese...

The best option for China is to not accept immigrants and refugees.

Or if that is required, accept citizens from East Asia (Japan, North and South Korea), countries with close genetics and cultures.
I've always thought of Vietnam as being close to China in terms of culture and genetics, no?

We also already accepted 300k Vietnamese refugees after the war, they did fine.

I'm just giving my opinion.

I gave up trying to argue and try to explain to someone a year ago.

If China wants to open up and accept immigrants from Vietnam.

The only thing I can say is "Good luck"

Previously I was not wrong on the Confucius Institute matter, now I hope I am wrong. If that happens.

View attachment 913394
Are you saying that Vietnamese immigrants would be negative for China due to lack of cultural similarities, despite many Vietnamese willingly going to China with so many restrictions?

The Lunar year festival belong to Bai Yue 百越/百粵 peoples, from longe time before Jin 秦始皇 invaded to East mainland China. When you are from Wo Yue, Min Yue ... and have regained independency from China, you will do the same ás we do now in Lunar Year Festival.
How old are you dude..freaking akward to see you typing these bullshit...you must be under 20.

Last edited:
The inevitable question is: So what? For starter, there is no denying that China influenced every people and their respective countries in Asia, but the question from each one of them is: So what?

Are you saying that just because we inherited/adopted some aspects of Chinese culture, somehow we 'owe' China fealty?

Here is what Lee Kuan Yew said in his memoir...

Chapter 37

Deng Xiaoping's China

The Malaysians must be suspicious of Deng. There were underlying suspicions and animosity between Malay Muslims and Chinese in Malaysia, and between Indonesians and their ethnic Chinese. Because China was exporting revolution to Southeast Asia, my Asean neighbors wanted Singapore to rally with them, not against the Soviet Union, but against China.
Asean governments regarded radio broadcasts from China appealing directly to their ethnic Chinese as dangerous subversion. Deng listened silently. He had never seen it this light: China, a big foreign power, going over the governments of the region to subvert their citizens. I said it was most unlikely that Asean countries would respond positively to his proposal for a united front against the Soviet Union and Vietnam and suggested that we discuss on how to resolve this problem. Then I paused.​
Deng's expression and body language registered consternation. He knew that I had spoken the truth. Abruptly, he asked, "What do you want me to do?" I was astonished. I had never met a communist leader who was prepared to depart from his brief when confronted with reality, much less ask what I wanted him to do. I had expected him to brush my points aside as Premier Hua Guofeng had done in Beijing in 1976 when I pressed him over the inconsistency of China's supporting the Malayan Communist Party to foment revolution in Singapore, not Malaya. Hua had answered with bluster, "I do not know the details, but whenever communists fight, they will win." Not Deng. He realized that he had to face up to this problem if Vietnam was to be isolated. I hesitated to tell this seasoned, weather-beaten revolutionary what he should do, but since he had asked me, I said, "Stop such radio broadcasts; stop such appeals. It will be better for the ethnic Chinese in Asean if China does not underline their kinship and call upon their ethnic sympathy. The suspicion of the indigenous peoples will always be there, whether or not China emphasizes these blood ties. But if China appeals to these blood ties so blatantly, it must increase their suspicions, China must stop radio broadcasts from south China by the Malayan and Indonesian Communist Parties.​

Basically, during the Cold War, China had a racist program in appealing to ethnic Chinese in other Asian countries fomenting communist revolutions. The plan failed mainly because despite genetic ties, other Asians felt they owe China shit. Nothing wrong with keeping Chinese heritage while keeping away from China. From my mother's side, I have Chinese and Indian. I owe either country nothing.
The inevitable question is: So what? For starter, there is no denying that China influenced every people and their respective countries in Asia, but the question from each one of them is: So what?

Are you saying that just because we inherited/adopted some aspects of Chinese culture, somehow we 'owe' China fealty?

Here is what Lee Kuan Yew said in his memoir...

Chapter 37

Deng Xiaoping's China

The Malaysians must be suspicious of Deng. There were underlying suspicions and animosity between Malay Muslims and Chinese in Malaysia, and between Indonesians and their ethnic Chinese. Because China was exporting revolution to Southeast Asia, my Asean neighbors wanted Singapore to rally with them, not against the Soviet Union, but against China.
Asean governments regarded radio broadcasts from China appealing directly to their ethnic Chinese as dangerous subversion. Deng listened silently. He had never seen it this light: China, a big foreign power, going over the governments of the region to subvert their citizens. I said it was most unlikely that Asean countries would respond positively to his proposal for a united front against the Soviet Union and Vietnam and suggested that we discuss on how to resolve this problem. Then I paused.​
Deng's expression and body language registered consternation. He knew that I had spoken the truth. Abruptly, he asked, "What do you want me to do?" I was astonished. I had never met a communist leader who was prepared to depart from his brief when confronted with reality, much less ask what I wanted him to do. I had expected him to brush my points aside as Premier Hua Guofeng had done in Beijing in 1976 when I pressed him over the inconsistency of China's supporting the Malayan Communist Party to foment revolution in Singapore, not Malaya. Hua had answered with bluster, "I do not know the details, but whenever communists fight, they will win." Not Deng. He realized that he had to face up to this problem if Vietnam was to be isolated. I hesitated to tell this seasoned, weather-beaten revolutionary what he should do, but since he had asked me, I said, "Stop such radio broadcasts; stop such appeals. It will be better for the ethnic Chinese in Asean if China does not underline their kinship and call upon their ethnic sympathy. The suspicion of the indigenous peoples will always be there, whether or not China emphasizes these blood ties. But if China appeals to these blood ties so blatantly, it must increase their suspicions, China must stop radio broadcasts from south China by the Malayan and Indonesian Communist Parties.​

Basically, during the Cold War, China had a racist program in appealing to ethnic Chinese in other Asian countries fomenting communist revolutions. The plan failed mainly because despite genetic ties, other Asians felt they owe China shit. Nothing wrong with keeping Chinese heritage while keeping away from China. From my mother's side, I have Chinese and Indian. I owe either country nothing.

Of course, neither do Chinese say you Vietnamese owe China a shit as in recent Vietnam's request of Chinese help in your anti-French and anti-American wars. Better for you Vietnamese to stop following Chinese cultures and practices, stop watching Chinese movies and dramas, stop listening to Chinese music and songs, go create your own. I guess Chinese call you Vietnsmese 白眼狼 for good reason.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom