What's new

Erdogan's patience is running out

So basically, Turkey is planning to force an intervention. Would this not but Erdogan at odds with both Assad and Iranians?

First of all, unlike Erdogan Israel never claimed to be a protector of Muslims in other countries (we protect only Muslims who are our citizens).
Second of all, unlike Erdogan we did not make empty threats.
Thirdly, i am pretty sure that most of the protestors dont want any Israeli intervention and if Israel will intervene it will only help Syria to tell that protestors are evil Mossad agents.

Firstly, Erdogan never clamied to be the protector of muslims.
Secondly when did Erdogan threaten another country of invasion? we didn't threaten Syria nor any other country.
Thirdly, invading Syria will not have very positive effects for Turkey. We need to try solving this problem diplomatically, if that is not possible, we can consider alternative methods. You just don't invade a country because there are massive protests.

August 7:

Erdoğan said Saturday that Ankara’s patience with the situation was running out :guns: and that Davutoğlu would convey “a resolute message” to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad that he risks losing Turkey’s support.

Syria's answer:

STFU, we will keep slaughtering as much as we wish. :whistle:

9 August:

"Intellectual" Davutoglu arrives in Syria and begs Assad to stop the killing. :(

Assad: we will keep slaughtering as much as we wish. :whistle:

Davutoglu: Syria is our friend, lets hope for peace. :angel:

Meanwhile the Ramadan slaughter goes on... Erdogan is a strong leader who breavely fights own journalists and generals!

.. and the syrian army began to quit Hama just after 24 hr Minister Davutoglu visited syria..

http://www.emirates247.com/news/world/army-quits-hama-after-10-day-raid-2011-08-10-1.412580

"Our ambassador went to Hama and said that the tanks, security forces had started to leave Hama. This is highly important to show that our initiatives had positive results," Erdogan said in televised remarks, addressing his party members in Ankara.

"Intellectual" Davutoglu arrives in Syria and begs Assad to stop the killing. :(

you know what, i dont think Davutoglu begged someone, but if he would do that way to stop killing someone i would be proud of him, thats something you cant get

this is the whole thing.world media is silent and not gives that much importance to Syrian situation as mush it requires.:cry::cry:

The Western Media Inc. does not feel but waits for the inspiration. It reports after 'seeking' that inspiration...

because the people are getting slaughtered?!?!?!

oh yeah i forgott it, they arent humans in your eyes, no. and they deffinitely dont deserve democracy. instead of arguing about what turkey does and doesnt you should ask yourself what you have done! have you sheltered syrians? no! have you given threats (even if it is empty threats) to syria? no!

even saudi's who arent a democracy stands with the people. and you go around telling us that we HAVE to find a solution for this. why do we have to do this? is it our responsibility? no! but we try to help, we stand for democracy. unlike you, who stands for democracy only when it is in your interests!

Israel never claimed to be a champion of democracy, why would we threaten Assad to stop killing Syrians? Because Syrians love Israel so much?
This ain`t the US buddy, we don`t care if you are communist, democratic or under tyranny, why should we care what happens to the very people that wish us death?
Do reread what i said, i never said Turkey should intervene, where do you get all these hyped up emotions that you blurt out without logic?
You won`t find no bleeding hearts for them here.

Israel never claimed to be a champion of democracy, why would we threaten Assad to stop killing Syrians? Because Syrians love Israel so much?
This ain`t the US buddy, we don`t care if you are communist, democratic or under tyranny, why should we care what happens to the very people that wish us death?
Do reread what i said, i never said Turkey should intervene, where do you get all these hyped up emotions that you blurt out without logic?
You won`t find no bleeding hearts for them here.

if you guys arent eager to intervene why are you shouting on what turkey does with syria then? bunch of hypocrites.

if you guys arent eager to intervene why are you shouting on what turkey does with syria then? bunch of hypocrites.

Cool down bro. The whole point of discussion is that you border Syria and that inflow of refugees will get out of control if you don't intervene. After all, it is directly affecting your country. While Israel has Lebanon between Syria and themselves.

Again, i do not care if Turkey intervenes or not, where did i say that Turkey should attack Syria?
This is Turkish-Syrian problem, and even though Turkey asked multiple times with and without threats for Assad to stop killing his own people, Assad spat him and the Turkish FM in the face... Assad sent tanks near the Turkish border and attacked Syrian villages near the Turkish border, just to show he can.
Turkey won`t intervene because Assad has Iran`s full support.

turkey shouldnt intervene
turkey has no interest to intervene
turkey has no right to intervene

nevertheless,turkey wont intervene.

Turkey has no interest to intervene?

The reports of clashes between government troops and Syrian activists as well as the alleged flow of small weaponry from across the Turkish border raises major concerns that Syria is quickly moving towards civil war. The demographic characteristics of the Syrian army and the geographical disunity of the protest movement suggests that rather than facing an organized – if inexperience – army such as the one that was created in Libya, the Syrian government will be looking at an escalation of guerrilla tactics using small arms. While it is unclear whether such an armed revolt would be successful in Syria, other examples (see above) point to a long prolongation of the conflict that could potentially tear the country apart and, many fear, lead to a repeat of the tactics used to crush the last armed revolt in 1982.
Moving Towards Civil War in Syria «

I would have though peace in Syria wwas very much in the interest of Turkey if only to prevent a flood of millions of refugees escaping the fighting.

India intervened in Bangladesh & the world hailed them although they launched a whole war!

Why cannot Turkey, to prevent bloodbath?

Firstly, Erdogan never clamied to be the protector of muslims.
Let me refresh your memory:

Erdogan: Turkey will not tolerate in the event of an Israeli attack on Lebanon

Secondly when did Erdogan threaten another country of invasion? we didn't threaten Syria nor any other country.
Thirdly, invading Syria will not have very positive effects for Turkey. We need to try solving this problem diplomatically, if that is not possible, we can consider alternative methods. You just don't invade a country because there are massive protests.
Did I say someting about invasion? Erogan claimed that "his patience is running out", that he will deliever some "though message" if Syrians wont stop the slaughter. It can be calling off ambassador, like did Saudi Arabia, or some sanctions like did EU. Recognizing that Syrian regime is illegitimate and so on. And what he did? After Syria told him in rude way that they will keep slaughtering as much as they wish? - Nothing. Even on contrary they changed the tone: Syria is our friend, we hope for peace. Very tough message indeed. :lol: Erdogan again showed that he is brave only against his own journalists and army.

.. and the syrian army began to quit Hama just after 24 hr Minister Davutoglu visited syria..
Thats usual Syrian tactics. They slaughter one town then move to another town then again return back and so on. Nothing ha schanged. In Der az Zor they did not even pause slaughter during the talks.

Omer Onhon, the Turkish ambassador visited Hama on Wednesday, and said that tanks were moving out of the city ten days after the army stormed in.

However, witnesses told Al Jazeera that after Onhon's visit to Hama, where he was told military operations had ended, Syrian army forces moved back into the town.

A witness in Hama told Al Jazeera: "At 8pm some of the tanks returned to Hama city centre, and they took positions in Al Assi Square they turned off all the lights in the square so you could not film what's happening there, but despite that you could still see the tanks with the naked eye and hear their noise."

Turkey: Syria withdraws tanks from Hama, allows media access

The Syrian military has withdrawn tanks from the besieged city of Hama, a sign that talks between Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Tuesday are yielding results, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Wednesday.

Turkey: Syria withdraws tanks from Hama, allows media access

Back
Top Bottom