What's new

Erdogan calls Russia's recognition of Ukrainian breakaways 'unacceptable'

all nato members have condemned what Russia have done, Turkey has done the same and followed the others.
Yes, but who cares!

Some are trying to create a lyrical stories here. And some others babbling with their wet dreams about TR or nonsense by instrumentalizing Erdogan. Taking into account to both attitudes, just a waste of time.

This is not about Erdogan. The title should be 'Despite Erdogan'. There are things that the Turkish state cannot change, no matter who is the president.
But why do you say that?
Sorry but If Pakistan has ti take a side it will always be with Turkey. That does not mean I hate Greeks. I like Greece and its history and culture but Turks are our brothers and that's that
You personally would side with Turkey even if they sold weapons to India

Russians are going to except punishment from Eu and Nato members they were warned on this if anything Russians bad decision is not turkey or Sir Erdogan some of you making a none story out of.

all nato members have condemned what Russia have done, Turkey has done the same and followed the others.
The difference is that Turkey had been trying to play the friend to Russia and mediator between NATO and Russia to the point where people wondered what's Turkey doing in NATO.

Russians are going to except punishment from Eu and Nato members they were warned on this if anything Russians bad decision is not turkey or Sir Erdogan some of you making a none story out of.
NATO trying to get influence in Ukraine and the Caucasus was their mistake. They shouldn't have provoked the Russians.

The difference is that Turkey had been trying to play the friend to Russia and mediator between NATO and Russia to the point where people wondered what's Turkey doing in NATO.

your being very unfair to Turkey singling them out here

Germany has today sealed the £15 billion gas pipe from Russia they jointly built

This one German project there are many out does what Turkey business with Russia

NATO trying to get influence in Ukraine and the Caucasus was their mistake. They shouldn't have provoked the Russians.

why did you Greece join NATO and Eu for it wasn’t just for nothing

You joined for protection and trade why then Ukraine not join like you

Turkiye never recognized the annexation of Crimea. TR never recognized the occupation of Ukraine. TR always suggested the way of dialogue and mutual negotiation. TR proposed a model in which these clogged talks could be resumed in Istanbul as an alternative, -if the parties agreed-.

While all these multi-billion-dollar contracts, from nuclear power plants to renewed natural gas(included Turkish stream) agreements were made, TR had already publicly announced its views about Ukraine Russia dispute to the world. During the same period, we sold weapons to Ukraine and established joint defense industry companies. None of these are state secrets, the whole world knows. Relations between states are not just black and white, you have to be either stupid enough not to see endless contrast between of being enemy or brothers( hope you not), or you have to other purposes.

Turkiye never recognized the annexation of Crimea.
Of course but mostly because of the Crimean Tatars. I don't blame you,I understand you.

Relations between states are not just black and white, you have to be either stupid enough not to see endless contrast between of being enemy or brothers( hope
Of course they are not black and white. How many times have the Americans betrayed ALL of us here?

But I don't think the Russians will appreciate all that help Turkey is giving to Ukraine now.

Anyway,they have the West to fight now.

your being very unfair to Turkey singling them out here

Germany has today sealed the £15 billion gas pipe from Russia they jointly built

This one German project there are many out does what Turkey business with Russia

why did you Greece join NATO and Eu for it wasn’t just for nothing

You joined for protection and trade why then Ukraine not join like you
Yes but I'm saying there are some countries that NATO shouldn't try to get involved with. Ukraine,Georgia,Armenia,Azerbaijan etc.
NATO had been expanding against Russia all the time. Croatia,Bulgaria,Romania,Albania and so many others. Ukraine is the place where Russia says no,this is our front yard.

Remember what happened during the Cuba Missile Crisis?

Last edited:
Pakistan is a non-major NATO ally.

Is Pakistan required to support Ukraine?
No we are not fully paid up members see below ,

United States in green. ... Major non-NATO ally (MNNA) is a designation given by the United States government to close allies that have strategic working relationships with the US Armed Forces but are not members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO

This is not about Erdogan. The title should be 'Despite Erdogan'. There are things that the Turkish state cannot change, no matter who is the president.
Com'on can you imagine Kılıçdaroğlu or Imamoğlu as President, i don't agree that foreign policy will remain as it is now.

Turkey with them in charge would retreat immediately from Libya, Syria, Iraq etc and roll back on the mavi vatan policy.

You are anti- Erdoğan i understand that but you have to open your eyes to realities.

American duplicity, which sadly UK and Western Europe are hostage to ios readily apparent in this whole saga. The truth is post USSR the US agreed not to take NATO membership right into what is Russian sphere of influence.

Ukraine or even Latvia are like Mexico or Cuba to USA. NATO should have remained at the German border and Eastern Europe should have been a buffer between Russia and West.

Instead US used Russian weakness to move the post east with every decade. I think this whole affair will not lead to a war but is a message to America. Do not expand NATO into Ukraine.

As regards Erdogan this is remarkable opportunity to leverage in benefit of Turkey. And his playing his cards well. All the anti Erdogan mania prevailing in Western media will now subside.

All guns on Putin now ..... !

Every second tourist in Istanbul was a Russian. That market must rely heavily on Russia tourists.
Russia was promised that Nato would not move one inch eastwards in the 1990's. The Russians were lied to. They have been left on 'hold' for years while Nato continues to expand. They have lost patience. Not Russia's fault, but the US and it's satraps.

Erdoğan is playing 5d chess in geopolitics you as a person from a small and insignificant country like greece can't comprehend that.
Turkiye should have made a deal with russia, Turkiye recognizes donetsk and luhansk and in exchange russia recognizes North Cyprus.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom